ADVERTISEMENT

How will the RAIN influence the outcome?

jbenedict

Nov 28, 2017
People there were questions earlier, who will it benefit? I live in western PA, 35 miles from the burgh and it has been torrentially raining for the last 2 hours and its not going to get any better. Ugly. The hourly forecast isn't any better. How does the game plan change?

People there were questions earlier, who will it benefit? I live in western PA, 35 miles from the burgh and it has been torrentially raining for the last 2 hours and its not going to get any better. Ugly. The hourly forecast isn't any better. How does the game plan change?

Common sense tells me both will try to run it down each others throats, but then again, what do I know??? o_O

Where are you located, I'm about 35 miles SE of the Burg and all we have is very light rain but it is windy

Reactions: Bowep
I'd be more worried about the condition of the turf due to any rains during the day than the actual rain at night

I’m in the south hills and it’s been pouring since 2am when I got up to drain the main vein. Needless to say that months and months of thinking about going to this game have been washed away.

I think their front 7 is the strength of their D and a bad field could mitigate the talent gap of our skilled guys. So my initial reaction is this would benefit Pitt, but way too early to tell.

Benefits Pitt if anything. They prefer sloppiness, pounding the ball and relying on their defense to slow down our athletes. Mud, slop only chance they have.

I think their front 7 is the strength of their D and a bad field could mitigate the talent gap of our skilled guys. So my initial reaction is this would benefit Pitt, but way too early to tell.

Also decreases crowd energy if it’s raining during the game, which may (mildly) benefit PSU.

Reactions: step.eng69
How does the gear change. The equipment staff will play a big role in our win today.

Will it rain on part of the field or the entire field ?

If the Pirates’ game is postponed, will the parking lots open earlier?

Last edited:
Will it rain on part of the field or the entire field ?

If the Pirates’ game is postponed, will the parking lots open earlier?
Good question. The way it is coming down at this moment, the Bucco game could get cancelled. This will alter tailgating plans. Open the lots. More consumption of mood altering beverages will only aid those dealing with rain.

Flood warnings in Pittsburgh vicinity until 8:30pm (only to be extended, probably). WHATZUP??? Pitt Football fans crying in their beers already???

Heavy rain gives the pitters an excuse when they get blown out. "We would have won if it didn't rain so hard."

giphy.gif

Flood warnings in Pittsburgh vicinity until 8:30pm (only to be extended, probably). WHATZUP??? Pitt Football fans crying in their beers already???

it would be good if the game were postponed to another weekend. any chance it gets that bad?

There aren't any flood warnings in Pittsburgh, just watches. And that's largely for the rain that'll fall tomorrow

Franklin and staff take this time to review MSU game from last year. You got all afternoon. I am certain Dantonio has had contact with the Nar dog prior to this game on game planning. What concerns me. Last night I posted we got to play press coverage due to the dink and dunk game. Difficult to do this when footing is an issue. This rain will cause our boys to naturally give more cushion to anticipate due to footing issues if they exist. It kind of plays into their hand. Then again what the hell do I know. We Are...

Reactions: PSUfiji
Bad weather can be an equalizer, as it tends to slow a team with considerably more speed. Rain will hurt their dink, dunk, and shuffle pass strategy. I think we still need to play a press coverage.

On the other hand, slop will help McSorley avoid the rush. I think we pass downfield more and get some big plays.

Reactions: PSUfiji
I'd be more worried about the condition of the turf due to any rains during the day than the actual rain at night

You don't think they have the field covered with a tarp? Rains during the day won't reach the field.

It could be brutal by game time. Do you see the front on radar oh my. Fumble? That will be the key. Hold onto the ball!! Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT