ADVERTISEMENT

How will the RAIN influence the outcome?

Franklin and staff take this time to review MSU game from last year. You got all afternoon. I am certain Dantonio has had contact with the Nar dog prior to this game on game planning. What concerns me. Last night I posted we got to play press coverage due to the dink and dunk game. Difficult to do this when footing is an issue. This rain will cause our boys to naturally give more cushion to anticipate due to footing issues if they exist. It kind of plays into their hand. Then again what the hell do I know. We Are...

Why would Dantonio do that???? He wants us to win. Plus, I'm sure he's been a LOT more worried about his own problems tonight in that desert heat.

giphy.gif
Ratfarts! LOL!

"not exactly" the case for Heinz Field...
That’s a great video , but, totally irrelevant today as the surface has changed dramatically since then. The turf still has a bad reputation because it sometimes gets bad in November when scheduling creates problems. This includes PITT playing on a sloppy Saturday and the Steelers playing the following day or when they play four WPIAL HS championship games on a sloppy Saturday. The field has a pump system underneath it. It will be a decent playing surface on this early September night.

People there were questions earlier, who will it benefit? I live in western PA, 35 miles from the burgh and it has been torrentially raining for the last 2 hours and its not going to get any better. Ugly. The hourly forecast isn't any better. How does the game plan change?
If the wind isn’t a factor Penn State will run their game plan. Wet field will help kids like Hamler who know where they are going. Heard so much about our o-line so tonight is the time to prove it. Win the turnover battle and we’ll cover the spread. Not buying their offense putting up 30 points without a lot of PSU mistakes. Go State

I'd be more worried about the condition of the turf due to any rains during the day than the actual rain at night
Shouldn't the Steelers mandate that they cover the turf for protection? I imagine that tarps are mandatory to minimize damage and have been in place since yesterday.

Why would Dantonio do that???? He wants us to win. Plus, I'm sure he's been a LOT more worried about his own problems tonight in that desert heat.
It will be 102 degrees at kickoff tonight when that smug prick smirks on the sideline. The B1G is 0-9 at Sun Devil Stadium.

EDIT: The B1G is now 0-10 in regular season games vs ASU @ Sun Devil Stadium.

Last edited:
Penn State has the better offensive line. Advantage PSU

Penn State is 1-0 when playing in Sun Devil Stadium as a member of the B1G, but the opponent was Texas, not ASU.
Penn State has never lost at Sun Devil Stadium, period, and has beaten Arizona State at Sun Devil Stadium also. Penn State has also beaten Ohio State, USC, and Miami at Sun Devil Stadium.

Penn State of course has also beaten Washington, but that was at U of Phx Stadium. Penn State has never lost a game in the metropolitan Phoenix area.

Reactions: razpsu
Penn State has never lost at Sun Devil Stadium, period, and has beaten Arizona State at Sun Devil Stadium also. Penn State has also beaten Ohio State, USC, and Miami at Sun Devil Stadium.

Penn State of course has also beaten Washington, but that was at U of Phx Stadium. Penn State has never lost a game in the metropolitan Phoenix area.

Was wondering where 78 went or changed his handle to

Heinz drains notoriously bad.

Steelers already made the call to replace sod before next week’s Game.

Take the under, even though it moved from 55 to 50.
Nits 28-17
Remember the Steelers/Dolphins game when a punt just DIED when it hit the grass? Just stopped dead, with the point of the ball in the wet grass. LOL.

I wish I could understand your point. The original and subsequent comments dealt with smug ass D'Antonio playing Arizona State tonight in a regular season game in the heat. I have been to ALL of the Penn State games you mention. I wasn't aware that Penn State was a member of the B1G in 1977 when ASU was the BOWL opponent, nor prior to the Texas game in 1997(that you neglected to mention, along with Tennessee). Please try to keep up.

But rain also tends to favor the team that relies on power (the mudders) rather than the team that relies on finesse/speed.
E.g. Hamler may know where he is going, but if the field is too wet and sloppy he will slip also, and will have to slow down his sharp cuts.
Bad weather in general tends to neutralize better teams advantage.

Reactions: kijanalives
But rain also tends to favor the team that relies on power (the mudders) rather than the team that relies on finesse/speed.
E.g. Hamler may know where he is going, but if the field is too wet and sloppy he will slip also, and will have to slow down his sharp cuts.
Bad weather in general tends to neutralize better teams advantage.
Hoping 84 worked on the Jugs machine with wet balls this week (pause).
If he dropped 3 good balls in dry conditions, tonight could be uglier.

I wish I could understand your point. The original and subsequent comments dealt with smug ass D'Antonio playing Arizona State tonight in a regular season game in the heat. I have been to ALL of the Penn State games you mention. I wasn't aware that Penn State was a member of the B1G in 1977 when ASU was the BOWL opponent, nor prior to the Texas game in 1997(that you neglected to mention, along with Tennessee). Please try to keep up.
I don't recognize the "Big Ten". The "Big Ten" is a conference that nearly voted us out, then made us wait two years to compete, then cheated us on both the football and basketball fields for two decades. The Big Ten is the conference that unfairly cheated us out of money, has a commissioner that refused to mention us by name when we won their championship two years ago. The "Big Ten" is a conference that we do not belong in, and joined solely for the purpose of money. Please try to keep up.

Reactions: odshowtime
I don't recognize the "Big Ten". The "Big Ten" is a conference that nearly voted us out, then made us wait two years to compete, then cheated us on both the football and basketball fields for two decades. The Big Ten is the conference that unfairly cheated us out of money, has a commissioner that refused to mention us by name when we won their championship two years ago. The "Big Ten" is a conference that we do not belong in, and joined solely for the purpose of money. Please try to keep up.
As it relates to my original comments, now that we got that explanation...
MV5BNDA4YWY0YjQtMWVhYS00YWY1LTg1NmYtOTVjZWRiZmVlM2NkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwNzk3NDc@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,999_AL_.jpg

There's no question that these conditions favor Pitt. It plays to their strengths and style of play. Hope I'm wrong, but I am really pessimistic about our chances of winning now.

That’s a great video , but, totally irrelevant today as the surface has changed dramatically since then. The turf still has a bad reputation because it sometimes gets bad in November when scheduling creates problems. This includes PITT playing on a sloppy Saturday and the Steelers playing the following day or when they play four WPIAL HS championship games on a sloppy Saturday. The field has a pump system underneath it. It will be a decent playing surface on this early September night.

That was also done in a situation it had to be too. Someone had played on the surface recently in conditions like this and the options were to resod or play in the dirt. Unfortunately, this was also a prime time night game so it was a national story.

I don’t remember the exact year but it was the season right after Porter was traded to the dolphins.

The tarp was out until 2hours before kickoff according to multiple reports.
Thanks Zig for abating the f'en speculation concerning the field maintenance. According to my wife, my mind is that of a child, but I would believe the stadium authorities would see that the field is properly protected during inclement weather. No .. brainer

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy

The B1G is now 0-10 in regular season games vs ASU @ Sun Devil Stadium.

The B1G is now 0-10 in regular season games vs ASU @ Sun Devil Stadium.
THAT'S FINE... ASU rules the roost playing the MEDIOCRE teams of the B1G during regular season play...

WHEREAS, Penn State owns YOUR turf when it comes to BIG money post-season games played against RANKED opponents. We've earned more money per game playing on YOUR field than your own ASU teams do... THANKS for all the paydays through the years!

"Now here's biscuit..."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT