ADVERTISEMENT

Holy crap - just saw a bombshell on Mineo’s feed

I believe someone on themat to be mistaken.

Spencer Lee lost his regular redshirt by wrestling at Journeyman Collegiate Duals. He'd need a medical redshirt for this year to regain eligibility. I understand only after that, might he be able use an Olympic redshirt.
Yes medical redshirt would be for this year (2021-2022). Then pretty sure could regular redshirt next year (2022-2023) and then Olympic redshirt the year after (2023-2024).

I know I hope this means I won't ever have to hear that Corby guys voice again. I think Kem is done, but they will have him wrestle a couple of times before he comes out to take a beatdown from CStar in the dual. You guys hate minnow, but he is the best source of big news in wrestling we can get. He floats stories true and false and people respond mad that he broke it or mad that it was wrong. Either way we end up knowing far more than we would have without him.

Meanwhile in other rumor news, someone on Hawkreport is saying Kennedy weighed-in at 159 at the Scuffle for a planned move down to 157 to challenge (replace?) Young.

• Wow
Reactions: hlstone
Meanwhile in other rumor news, someone on Hawkreport is saying Kennedy weighed-in at 159 at the Scuffle for a planned move down to 157 to challenge (replace?) Young.
Good idea- Have a stud cut down to the point of starvation to replace a different stud we had cut down to the point of starvation. Rinse and repeat. I can't wait to watch Carr wreck that kid.

2022 is freaking on fire so far for wrestling social circles. Very interesting.

That pat hasn't deleted or responded to kemdawgs push back yet is really interesting.

I'm sure pat went to his source last night and said wtf and the source told him to chill. Otherwise he would have deleted like he has done before.

The corby and willie thing bugs me and wish they would handle it more like John Dutton than Perez Hilton.

Yes medical redshirt would be for this year (2021-2022). Then pretty sure could regular redshirt next year (2022-2023) and then Olympic redshirt the year after (2023-2024).
I agree. BUT Spencer first has to get a medical redshirt for this year.

I hope the NCAA grants it. Then this year basically wouldn't count towards his eligibility, and since he still has a redshirt he could use it in 2022-23 to further his recovery.

But by his own admission (if you read his release), he injured it last year at a point in the season where medical redshirt eligability might not apply. After all, he competed in and won the championship. He said only his recovery from that injury hadn't progressed as he had planned. It seems one could question whether competing at Journeyman was necessary to reach that conclusion.

I hope Spencer's admission doesn't come back to bite him, if he intends to go for a fourth NCAA championship. He could've instead said he further injured it in practice.

I wonder whether Pat Mineo's Tweet might've rushed Spencer's release. @smalls103 originally wrote in HR that Iowa's release of a statement wouldn't happen until today.

Given how things transpired, it would make some sense to me from a tactical standpoint for Spencer to wrestle Journeyman and burn the redshirt this year, if he planned to focus on recovery via a medical redshirt and freestyle, and not return to wrestle for Iowa until the 2024-25, at the earliest.

If Spencer plans to train at Iowa HWC, I think getting a medical redshirt this year could work well for Spencer. I wish him the best of luck in pursuit of his dreams. I really don't care if Iowa is "gaming" the NCAA system.

I agree. BUT Spencer first has to get a medical redshirt for this year.

I hope the NCAA grants it. Then this year basically wouldn't count towards his eligibility, and since he still has a redshirt he could use it in 2022-23 to further his recovery.

But by his own admission (if you read his release), he injured it last year at a point in the season where medical redshirt eligability might not apply. After all, he competed in and won the championship. He said only his recovery from that injury hadn't progressed as he had planned. It seems one could question whether competing at Journeyman was necessary to reach that conclusion.

I hope Spencer's admission doesn't come back to bite him, if he intends to go for a fourth NCAA championship. He could've instead said he further injured it in practice.

I wonder whether Pat Mineo's Tweet might've rushed Spencer's release. @smalls103 originally wrote in HR that Iowa's release of a statement wouldn't happen until today.

Given how things transpired, it would make some sense to me from a tactical standpoint for Spencer to wrestle Journeyman and burn the redshirt this year, if he planned to focus on recovery via a medical redshirt and freestyle, and not return to wrestle for Iowa until the 2024-25, at the earliest.

If Spencer plans to train at Iowa HWC, I think getting a medical redshirt this year could work well for Spencer. I wish him the best of luck in pursuit of his dreams. I really don't care if Iowa is "gaming" the NCAA system.

Yeah I don’t know the specifics of medical redshirts but I’d have a hard time believing he wouldn’t have one granted.

Basically sitting out for 3 years seems kinda crazy but it would shut people up about making sure he’s properly preparing for the 2024 Olympics.

i find it pretty humorous that i tweeted 'big news' and mineo followed up with specifics so that = i told mineo

and yet i've posted on every board that i don't buy the Kem rumor and then mineo got it wrong.

make up your minds.

i do talk to mineo on occasion, but i certainly didn't feed him the spencer thing.

That’s quite a revelation, Willie. Why do you talk to “a special kind of scumbag” like Mineo at all when (your words) the vast majority of your sources are the college coaches themselves? At a minimum, your admission seems like a conflict of interest, one of those “Never bite the hand that feeds you” type of situations.

PS Is it true that Mineo once Doxed you?

it would be a conflict of interest, i suppose, if i told someone information i wasn't supposed to. but when did i do that? enlighten me.

You didn’t answer my questions.

Why do i talk to Mineo - to ask 'what are you hearing'?

did he once dox me? - yes
So Mineo shares information with you but he gets nothing from you in return? Makes sense.

So several Insiders knew about Spencer obviously. They chose not to relay the information because they knew Spencer/Iowa was going to release a statement.

Mineo got wind of the news and found his nearest smart device to tell the world. He knowingly took that opportunity away from Spencer. Then Mineo tries to pull the rug out from under Kemerer in the same fashion. Thankfully grandpa Mike shut that down quickly.

How does Pat Mineo still continue to do this over and over to these guys with no repercussions? I'm baffled.
See my comment on this post last nite

let him (one of his two handles on here) answer that.

it's sort of bizarre to me that no one has asked him yet.

i'll save my (lengthy) explanation for the show.
Is he west2east on this board?

I'm really sorry this is all happening. It's just sad. I dont know either of you personally but like you both and enjoy the stuff you guys put out for wrestling fans.

So several Insiders knew about Spencer obviously. They chose not to relay the information because they knew Spencer/Iowa was going to release a statement.

Mineo got wind of the news and found his nearest smart device to tell the world. He knowingly took that opportunity away from Spencer. Then Mineo tries to pull the rug out from under Kemerer in the same fashion. Thankfully grandpa Mike shut that down quickly.

How does Pat Mineo still continue to do this over and over to these guys with no repercussions? I'm baffled.
Mineo is just a guy on social media who has some connections. What can be done to him? He is not affiliated with any news organization. Regarding Kemerer, Mineo could still end up being right. Kemerer has yet to wrestle this season. Not that I am trying to justify the irresponsible post about Kemerer being done.

The corby and willie thing bugs me and wish they would handle it more like John Dutton than Perez Hilton.
giphy.gif

It's odd how board reacts to rumors posted on this board. I've met Willie 2 or 3 times in my life, down at Liberty gym and once at Deitzi's tavern. He wouldn't know me but I know him through some mutual friends. A few years ago I was talking to one of the "mutuals" and he gave me some information about Suriano's situation on transferring to Rutgers. I did not ask him how he knew some of the details. I vaguely posted some of the details on this board and the higher ups thought it was best to delete what was rumored. I personally know a couple of people in positions that know some "inside" info on the high school and Blair Academy scene. I normally choose not to post unless it's to confirm or correct an existing post. An example was when numerous people thought PSU had inside on Crookham and I was told Lehigh had the edge which I posted.
The rumors make for good banter on social media.

Last edited:
Kem was never planning on coming back until the New Year if at all. I've thought it for months now and still think it. In this Kem deal, I think Mineo may end up being both right AND wrong.

Mineo is just a guy on social media who has some connections. What can be done to him? He is not affiliated with any news organization. Regarding Kemerer, Mineo could still end up being right. Kemerer has yet to wrestle this season. Not that I am trying to justify the irresponsible post about Kemerer being done.
Not officially at least. And most certainly not Flo.

Reactions: Fatmarc
It's odd how board reacts to rumors posted on this board. I've met Willie 2 or 3 times in my life, down at Liberty gym and once at Deitzi's tavern. He wouldn't know me but I know him through some mutual friends. A few years ago I was talking to one of the "mutuals" and he gave me some information about Suriano's situation on transferring to Rutgers. I did not ask him how he knew some of the details. I actually vaguely posted some of the details on this board and the higher ups thought it was best to delete what was rumored. I personally know a couple of people in positions that know some "inside" info the high school and Blair Academy scene. I normally choose not to post unless it's toconfirm or correct an existing post. An example was when numerous people thought PSU had inside on Crookham and was told Lehigh had the edge.
The rumors make for good banter on social media.
I think if people share information they should just always make it clear it is their opinion and not pass it off as fact. As for Crookham, to me it was a perfect lesson to never ever fully believe sources and if you do share info, pass it off as opinion (which is what I did) and not fact. I too thought PSU was gonna be his choice because Ryan's own "blood" told me to expect him to go to PSU. Lol.

And with Kemerer. I have been told some things since summer and have shared some other things since then. One being he wasnt fully committed on coming back and then later not to expect him to return until the New Year if at all. I never passed any of it as fact....ALWAYS as my opinion.

Willie and PattyCake have been buddies for years.. Even when Flo shows had their chat feed littered with the "say his name" comments.

Reactions: Brian LB-U
I think if people share information they should just always make it clear it is their opinion and not pass it off as fact. As for Crookham, to me it was a perfect lesson to never ever fully believe sources and if you do share info, pass it off as opinion (which is what I did) and not fact. I too thought PSU was gonna be his choice because Ryan's own "blood" told me to expect him to go to PSU. Lol.

And with Kemerer. I have been told some things since summer and have shared some other things since then. One being he wasnt fully committed on coming back and then later not to expect him to return until the New Year if at all. I never passed any of it as fact....ALWAYS as my opinion.
There are already a few signs that some of the super-super seniors aren’t feeling the extra year. I’ll be interested to see Micic when he takes the mat. This is not the sport to not be totally invested.

Lmao. A 2022 post of the year candidate already.
We should have a post of the year thread that survives. Obviously needs a 1st and 2nd to make the thread.... ....and....year end award at the boards annual Christmas party and q1 spending meeting.

Reactions: backdrft76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT