ADVERTISEMENT

Holy crap - just saw a bombshell on Mineo’s feed

It's kind of funny because people joke about Iowa being too old now. Most would agree being 24 is hardly some "out of your prime" age for athletics. In fact for NBA, most would say athletic peak is 26-29.

That being said, a sport like wrestling, it's kind of true. It's just a sport with a lot of wear and tear on your body and being a 24 year old in the sport isn't ideal.

Reactions: Cold Smoke
Dickish question I know but if Iowa loses the title this year, do you or do you not use it as an excuse if you were and Iowa fan?
The ones who insist on claiming they are the 2x defending champs will most certainly use it as the reason. Others will at the very least imply it as an excuse. Others will blame Cael for cheating, and others still will blame Cael for blowing out St. Spencer’s knees (and cheating).

Seeing how Iowa fans basically gave Spencer a Olympic gold medal this year because Gilman got bronze and Gilman switched to NLWC because he's obviously afraid of Spencer so by transitive property, Spencer would be Uguev by 8, I imagine they have the title for 2022 in their mind, win or lose.

Seeing how Iowa fans basically gave Spencer a Olympic gold medal this year because Gilman got bronze and Gilman switched to NLWC because he's obviously afraid of Spencer so by transitive property, Spencer would be Uguev by 8, I imagine they have the title for 2022 in their mind, win or lose.
You quoted @Grip220 almost word for word. I think he may have also been the guy who downplayed Cael’s college career since his weights weren’t that strong (ignoring the tire fire that was 125 the last 2 years). I can choose to beat Daniel Cormier and Brandon Eggum - or Jack Mueller and Brandon Courtney.

New T Shirt from Iowa:
Excuses are for Wusses and in small print:
Except bilateral ACL injury excuses. They don’t count. That is all!

You quoted @Grip220 almost word for word. I think he may have also been the guy who downplayed Cael’s college career since his weights weren’t that strong (ignoring the tire fire that was 125 the last 2 years). I can choose to beat Daniel Cormier and Brandon Eggum - or Jack Mueller and Brandon Courtney.
Finding it hilarious to see Grippy tagged since he got the ban hammer some time ago (maybe 2 yrs?), basically for being himself.

It's kind of funny because people joke about Iowa being too old now. Most would agree being 24 is hardly some "out of your prime" age for athletics. In fact for NBA, most would say athletic peak is 26-29.

That being said, a sport like wrestling, it's kind of true. It's just a sport with a lot of wear and tear on your body and being a 24 year old in the sport isn't ideal.
Most of these guys at this level have been going since they were 6-9 years old. I think it (for some) there is a mental drag. It sure seemed like Mark Hall lost a little fire mid season during the CV year. Kem has been at it so long in that program... who knows. I think it helps to graduate and focus full time on Free for many of the kids. For guys like Marinelli, I think the physical toll is there.

It does sound a little crazy positioning 24 as old. Oh what I wouldn't give to have my 24 year old body again.

I am certain that the reason Spencer tried to wrestle this year was the Iowa team. He is a gamer and a Die-hard team player. It didn't work out. I am thankful for the years of watching him wrestle. Hoping for one more folk style ....gotta go out on his terms...and a good many freestyle medals. Get well young man...loved the PJs and Pokémon walkout :)

That said....I truly believe Ayala will score as many points as a compromised Spencer would have....maybe more. Navigating the Big10s and Nationals with swelling and pain would be brutal. I also think that the last two Hawkeyes to be talked in to coming back....namely Young and Kem may not be as fully invested in that comeback. It will be interesting to see if the Spencer news will be a Galvanizing event that results in renewed dedication by those two and others on the Iowa team. It could be a highly motivating rallying cry for them. We shall see. I still see the both the Big 10s and NCAAs as tight races. M. Amine showed he is a definite contender at 184. It is going to be an exciting race starting with the first Big10 dual through March. I have my FLO, ESPN+, BTN+, BTN and Rokfin to catch all the news, rankings and matches. Count me excited.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogwelder
Dispite his 50/50 record and being on hot water over both his accurate and inaccurate posts, at least we can sit back and watch HR brains explode. Rumors bloody rumors.

If you haven't been paying attention he hit them with a flurry.
First a roundhouse, followed by an uppercut, only to finish with a kick in the nuts. Within 24 hours you have:

1) Spencer is done - confirmed
2) Kemerer is done - disputed by Kem
3) Brands blew out his elbow & the guy behind him had his shirt pulled - No reports from Iowa or anyone else.

What a cluster $#@&. Well we had our moment in the sun with the Suriano stuff. It's nice to be on the other side.

Great point, turk. after all these years. have you told your family you lost your virginity?
I just showed my wife a picture of you and your virginity comment. She laughed and said, "I'm sure his mother loves him very much."

Go upstairs & kiss your mom goodnight. Then try to rest those tired, burned eyes. You've had a long week.

Last edited:
Cant wait. I will be live tweeting during his show. He will address nothing I tweeted about. Will say I threatened him or some baby as shit. In the past that was the only way I was able to collect expense $. He wont go to far he knows I have all the proof and others who can vouch. See how far he goes. He already posted a lie in this thread that I can prove. Screenshots don't die or lie

i find it pretty humorous that i tweeted 'big news' and mineo followed up with specifics so that = i told mineo

and yet i've posted on every board that i don't buy the Kem rumor and then mineo got it wrong.

make up your minds.

i do talk to mineo on occasion, but i certainly didn't feed him the spencer thing.
You tried stop lying Willie. Had to act like you knew. All ego little man. Your gonna lie to your people Penn St Willie ? Wow Willie

Most of these guys at this...... think the physical toll is there.

It does sound a little crazy positioning 24 as old. Oh what I wouldn't give to have my 24 year old body again.
Hell, I don't want my 24 year old body back, I want another crack at the 24 year old body I stuck out with at the beach in 1984.

Oh Karen I do miss you and I ment everything I said as we walked the beach at dusk. Especially about what Penn State Wrestling would become in 2009 and beyond. And that Penn State would be back again in 2022. We didn't pan out but two out of three ain't bad.

Corby following Willie around the interwebs like a crazy ex-girlfriend is almost as off-putting as Willie's wedding photo. I am not at all interested in what the backstory is. I just wanna hear about wrestling not 40 yr old bald man drama.

Corby following Willie around the interwebs like a crazy ex-girlfriend is almost as off-putting as Willie's wedding photo. I am not at all interested in what the backstory is. I just wanna hear about wrestling not 40 yr old bald man drama.
Corby is the Flo Karen of Willie's world the days. I hope it doesn't distract Willie from his recruiting obligations. Corby Karen was probably created by Brands. Chapter 3 paragraph 7 of the 3" binder mentioned creating an anti-PSU recruiting Karen.

• Haha
Reactions: LHavenlion
Yeah, they should keep their dirty laundry private. At the very least, not use the team boards to catfight.

Yeah, they should keep their dirty laundry private. At the very least, not use the team boards to catfight.
Yeah. For me, that duo was the best thing going so I hate to see this happening. Hope the two realize there will be a lot of wrestling fans out there feeling as if they’re being put in the middle of this “divorce”. Just as parents shouldn’t be using their children to get back at or hurt their ex, these two shouldn’t use fans of the sport and their show to do that to each other. We’re probably like children… we don’t want to hear the bad things about them and what they did to each other. We just want to “love” ‘‘em both and we certainly don’t want to have to pick sides.

Get bent. I originally didn’t figure you as one of the old never was Democrat liberals who reside over this board, but the more I see your comments I’m thinking you’ve got your mask and PSU hat on right now. Go tell your kids what to do, not grown men on a message board.
Grow up! This board is for coming together as wrestling fans and not your immature little name dropping pot-shots. You want to dump on liberals, the elderly or anyone else (except Iowa fans), take it to another board

You tried stop lying Willie. Had to act like you knew. All ego little man. Your gonna lie to your people Penn St Willie ? Wow Willie

200.gif

Get bent. I originally didn’t figure you as one of the old never was Democrat liberals who reside over this board, but the more I see your comments I’m thinking you’ve got your mask and PSU hat on right now. Go tell your kids what to do, not grown men on a message board.
Lol wow. What's up with the stereotypes leave politics off the board. It's too easy to sit here and throw mud at Republicans and democrats. We're better than this and we need to respect each others opinions. We don't have to like them but we are Penn state fans not Iowa fans. And Johnson is just reiterating that we don't need to entertain or fan the flames of a mid life crisis debacle. We are

ADVERTISEMENT