ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball PENN STATE VS IOWA GAMETHREAD

Iowa is really good at protecting the ball, so it’s strength against strength. They are also a good FT shooting team, so can’t give up free points.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Can we please stop with the O’Boyle adventure? Can’t shoot and terrible on defense. No reason to play him at this point.

31-23 PSU leads with 3:56 left in the half. Brown having a good game and so is Zach Hicks.

42-34 PSU at the half. What a horrible job by the officials in this game. They’re not one sided, they’re just bad both ways. More ticky tack fouls than I’ve seen in a long time. Called a bad backcourt violation and a bad traveling call. Just really poor.

Reactions: Parkland Fan
Iowa is really good at protecting the ball, so it’s strength against strength. They are also a good FT shooting team, so can’t give up free points.
NW is great at protecting the ball and we force 18 turnovers.
Can we please stop with the O’Boyle adventure? Can’t shoot and terrible on defense. No reason to play him at this point.
Should have drawn an offensive foul on that one, but understand Rhoades is playing him at the 4/5. He is a 3, so he is out if position. Without Puff tonight we have little choice at the 4.

Reactions: bison13

Should have drawn an offensive foul on that one, but understand Rhoades is playing him at the 4/5. He is a 3, so he is out if position. Without Puff tonight we have little choice at the 4.
Just keep doing what they’re doing without him. He’s too much of a liability on defense.

42-34 PSU at the half. What a horrible job by the officials in this game. They’re not one sided, they’re just bad both ways. More ticky tack fouls than I’ve seen in a long time. Called a bad backcourt violation and a bad traveling call. Just really poor.
The guy making most of those calls was here for the Minnesota game and he was even worse on that game

Reactions: dswartz

And with the rule changes, they’ve pretty much eliminated charges…I don’t think I’ve seen one called all year.

Now, can we keep this up for another 20 minutes? We blew 2 home games with bad 2nd halves. Keep this up and we jump ahead of Iowa and Nebraska in the standings.

And with the rule changes, they’ve pretty much eliminated charges…I don’t think I’ve seen one called all year.
Then you missed the Minnesota game. We got called 2 times in that one. Minnesota had a few but they didn't call those

Coming out of the half cold…still up 46-42, but it’s a struggle.

PSU getting killed points in the paint 38-16. The game is tied because of made 3s in the first half.

Baldwin having a tough night.

Fun to watch.

This team loves to play together. And that's a credit to Rhoades as these kids came from lots of different places last winter and summer and they have gradually jelled and now look like they came in together as freshman and played together for years.

Great finish by Baldwin and a great game by Wahab. Didn’t get rattled and came back after blowing a lead. If nothing else, I would guess we eliminated Iowa’s chances of going to the tournament.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
It was looking bleak when Iowa went from 8 down to leading by 7. Great comeback.

It's frustrating how we keep getting dominated in the paint. It's so easy for BiG players to back players like Hicks, Kern, and O'Boyle down in the paint. I don't understand why Wahab is double teaming out on the perimeter do often.

I want to give the team props for being much tougher on the boards than they were earlier in the season.

Baldwin turned it on late but Wahab also deserves props tonight. 14 pts, 7 rebounds, 3 assists.

Reactions: indynittany
Thought we were going to blow another one, but what a last 6 minutes. Ace is so solid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT