ADVERTISEMENT

Collegiate Wrestling Duals

So anyone who wants to watch both Penn State and Iowa as they happen can't. Same for those (few) who want to watch both Cornell and Lehigh.

And now I see that the posted times are Central. Living in NJ, there's nothing like watching an exciting match that ends at close to 11pm and trying to get to sleep afterwards. Wonderful.

I wonder what drove this change, only a week out from the event.

Last edited:
So anyone who wants to watch both Penn State and Iowa as they happen can't. Same for those (few) who want to watch both Cornell and Lehigh.

And now I see that the posted times are Central. Living in NJ, there's nothing like watching an exciting match that ends at close to 11pm and trying to get to sleep afterwards. Wonderful.

I wonder what drove this change, only a week out from the event.
take a nap!!

I just realized I’m on a Christmas Cruise from the 19th to the 26th. With very limited WiFi. Gonna need some PBP from you fellas! Thanks in advance!!!

Reactions: hlstone

If they don't stream it as a single splitscreen option, just log in again on a separate device. You can be logged into multiple devices and view different feeds at once with your Rokfin account. I'm planning on having my Hawkeyes on the big screen and PSU on my tablet.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
If they don't stream it as a single splitscreen option, just log in again on a separate device. You can be logged into multiple devices and view different feeds at once with your Rokfin account. I'm planning on having my Hawkeyes on the big screen and PSU on my tablet.
I watched the CKLV simultaneously on my laptop, my iPad, and my TV cast from my phone. We bought a new OLED TV on Friday, and I would like to watch *all* the matches on the TV. Plus, I'd rather focus on each match, rather than keep looking back and forth between matches.

You should reverse those based on importance

Reactions: Lovethissport
I watched the CKLV simultaneously on my laptop, my iPad, and my TV cast from my phone. We bought a new OLED TV on Friday, and I would like to watch *all* the matches on the TV. Plus, I'd rather focus on each match, rather than keep looking back and forth between matches.
That's the issue with wrestling tournaments... Not all matches are on the same mat.

Sorry I don't have any suggestions how to watch all the matches on your new TV, but this is how I watch multiple mats on my desktop computer attached to a large (~26") monitor (what can I say, I'm old-school): open as many browser windows (windows, not tabs) as needed, 1 for each mat. Log into each browser window, re-size each window and arrange on desktop. For NCAAs, I had mats 1-4 on top of monitor and mats 5-8 on bottom of monitor.

Sorry I don't have any suggestions how to watch all the matches on your new TV, but this is how I watch multiple mats on my desktop computer attached to a large (~26") monitor (what can I say, I'm old-school): open as many browser windows (windows, not tabs) as needed, 1 for each mat. Log into each browser window, re-size each window and arrange on desktop. For NCAAs, I had mats 1-4 on top of monitor and mats 5-8 on bottom of monitor.
Thanks. I can AirPlay my MacBook to my TV, so I can do what you had...on my 55" TV!

("That's not a knife. This is a knife" :)

Reactions: railbirrd
That's why I asked.. Wanted to make sure I was seeing the latest.. but this was posted on twitter today I believe by PSU wrestling..

To make this even more confusing, the link in the tweet still says scheduled for 12/20 at 8 AM.

Totally unprofessional clown show going on here.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
SIAP -- From what I can tell there will be no single winner from this? It looks like none of the teams in the Red pool ever compete against the teams in the Blue pool. Is this correct? i.e., Three matches, two Monday and one on Tuesday?

SIAP -- From what I can tell there will be no single winner from this? It looks like none of the teams in the Red pool ever compete against the teams in the Blue pool. Is this correct? i.e., Three matches, two Monday and one on Tuesday?
You got it right. Word is some coaches (likely, our own) didn’t want matchups against anyone they’d otherwise dual in a season. So, instead, these pools as you have interpreted them.

Nice try Pat...the actual times are 7 PM Eastern (6 PM Central) and 9 PM Eastern (8 PM Central).
I think they may have changed them . Don't believe they realized it's CT down there and duals would be starting at 9pm ET so moved up 1 hour. Not sure why all the confusion with this event not like it's Franks first event.

I think they may have changed them . Don't believe they realized it's CT down there and duals would be starting at 9pm ET so moved up 1 hour. Not sure why all the confusion with this event not like it's Franks first event.
I think the confusion is related to the fact that many people don't realize the part of the Florida Panhandle that includes Niceville (basically, anything that borders Alabama, instead of Georgia) is part of the Central time zone, and that combined with the fact that Frank is advertising in local time (which makes total sense), combined with the fact that the event was pushed back an hour on Day 1 with the new schedule, is confusing people.

giphy.gif

For those of you going, here are some random thoughts....

Tolls
If you're staying in Destin (or anywhere across the Bay), the bridge crossing is a Toll Bridge. I believe it is $4 each way. The toll area may have been charged to Toll-by-Plate and not cash. Unclear. I'd have a roll or 2 of quarters with you. If Toll-by-plate, cameras will read your plate and send a bill by mail. There is also a Toll-by-plate for the Spence Pkwy, which is just north of Niceville and makes it faster to get into Destin. This is just $2 car, I believe. If you are driving from the north and drive straight into Niceville, then go across the Mid-Bay Bridge, you'll miss that toll. The "bill" you receive for the toll-by-plate includes an admin fee. That fee was waived last year, not sure if it has been reactivated in the past. Bottom line, just know there will be tolls to pay.

Some Food Options
1. In Niceville, if you're looking for something relatively quick, but not fast food, Jim N Nicks BBQ is an excellent choice. Lots of options, including a huge baked potato filled with pulled pork, bacon and cheese and scallions (I leave those off) with butter and sour cream. It's a meal in itself.
2. In Destin, Miller's Ale House is a restaurant/Sports Bar. It's right across the Mid-Bay Bridge. A great place to watch games, though not the right time for that. Has a nice outside dining area with lots of TVs as well if the weather cooperates.
3. LuLu's of Destin is off the last exit before getting on the Mid-Bay Bridge going back to Niceville from Destin. LuLu, aka Lucy is Jimmy Buffet's sister and is Buffet owned. Think, beach casual Seafood (though its on the bay, not the beach)
4. There are many other nice Seafood Restaurants along the water. A few off the top of my head:
- Captain Dave's
- The Crab Trap
- Pompano Joe's
- The Back Porch
- The Surf Hut

I'm sure there are many others. Definitely options that are not Chain restaurants you might see at home, though those are available as well.

Note, this is obviously not the busy season for that area. As you cross the Bay Bridge, you can go left or right. Right will take you toward old Destin, the Harbor and Ft. Walton. Left takes you toward Miramar Beach and Sandestin, with several large resorts along the way. You can drive on Hwy 98, or go straight through and access Scenic 98, which takes right right along the water and to some beachside restaurants.

For those of you going, here are some random thoughts....

Tolls
If you're staying in Destin (or anywhere across the Bay), the bridge crossing is a Toll Bridge. I believe it is $4 each way. The toll area may have been charged to Toll-by-Plate and not cash. Unclear. I'd have a roll or 2 of quarters with you. If Toll-by-plate, cameras will read your plate and send a bill by mail. There is also a Toll-by-plate for the Spence Pkwy, which is just north of Niceville and makes it faster to get into Destin. This is just $2 car, I believe. If you are driving from the north and drive straight into Niceville, then go across the Mid-Bay Bridge, you'll miss that toll. The "bill" you receive for the toll-by-plate includes an admin fee. That fee was waived last year, not sure if it has been reactivated in the past. Bottom line, just know there will be tolls to pay.

Some Food Options
1. In Niceville, if you're looking for something relatively quick, but not fast food, Jim N Nicks BBQ is an excellent choice. Lots of options, including a huge baked potato filled with pulled pork, bacon and cheese and scallions (I leave those off) with butter and sour cream. It's a meal in itself.
2. In Destin, Miller's Ale House is a restaurant/Sports Bar. It's right across the Mid-Bay Bridge. A great place to watch games, though not the right time for that. Has a nice outside dining area with lots of TVs as well if the weather cooperates.
3. LuLu's of Destin is off the last exit before getting on the Mid-Bay Bridge going back to Niceville from Destin. LuLu, aka Lucy is Jimmy Buffet's sister and is Buffet owned. Think, beach casual Seafood (though its on the bay, not the beach)
4. There are many other nice Seafood Restaurants along the water. A few off the top of my head:
- Captain Dave's
- The Crab Trap
- Pompano Joe's
- The Back Porch
- The Surf Hut

I'm sure there are many others. Definitely options that are not Chain restaurants you might see at home, though those are available as well.

Note, this is obviously not the busy season for that area. As you cross the Bay Bridge, you can go left or right. Right will take you toward old Destin, the Harbor and Ft. Walton. Left takes you toward Miramar Beach and Sandestin, with several large resorts along the way. You can drive on Hwy 98, or go straight through and access Scenic 98, which takes right right along the water and to some beachside restaurants.
I'll be staying in Ft Walton. Suggestions what to see and do?

Why should you mention/imply on a wrestling forum that you dislike those two other states? How is that interesting or understandable conversation? I mean maybe you don’t like plaid shirts, but why would you mention that to us?
It's what we do. WrestlingFan0314 says he doesn't like scallions on his baked potato. For me, I'll take them, but hold the sour cream.

Why should you mention/imply on a wrestling forum that you dislike those two other states? How is that interesting or understandable conversation? I mean maybe you don’t like plaid shirts, but why would you mention that to us?

Sounds like something that belongs here…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT