ADVERTISEMENT

Collegiate Wrestling Duals

Sounds like something that belongs here…
Exactly. I’m sick of people who bring politics into this wrestling forum by posting young Greta images and slamming Democratic states out of the blue for no reason, and thereby necessitating rebuttal.

Sometimes, policy is germane to a topic, e.g., with shutdowns, and people slippery-slope from policy into politics. That’s bad enough.

But to spew politics for no reason is just to gratuitously ruin one of the few worthwhile online forums around. This forum this season is worse than it used to be. It’s as if people are proud to be haters, now. (Can a grown man really feel no embarrassment from calling a young woman ugly?) HR is not worth reading any more, and this forum is on pace to being not worth reading.

Last edited:
I'll be staying in Ft Walton. Suggestions what to see and do?

Honestly, I don't know Ft. Walton too well. But the Destin Harbor and what I call old Destin aren't too far away. I do know that you'll avoid the Mid-Bay Bridge and tolls. Sorry!

Here is a little more on the HarborWalk Village and Boardwalk. Lots of shops, restaurants, boats, etc

Destin Harbor Village

Reactions: Verolion
Exactly. I’m sick of people who bring politics into this wrestling forum by posting young Greta images and slamming Democratic states out of the blue for no reason, and thereby necessitating rebuttal.

Sometimes, policy is germane to a topic, e.g., with shutdowns, and people slippery-slope from policy into politics. That’s bad enough.

But to spew politics for no reason is just to gratuitously ruin one of the few worthwhile online forums around. This forum this season is worse than it used to be. It’s as if people are proud to be haters, now. (Can a grown man really feel no embarrassment from calling a young woman ugly?) HR is not worth reading any more, and this forum is on pace to being not worth reading.
Yeah, I’ve noticed the disenchantment with this board from folks lately and some of it are things I’ve been right in the middle of… From politics to turning threads into Hawkeye talk which I’m guilty of often.

I’m gonna try just sticking to posting about PSU wrestling related things here. I’ll go to the Iowa board to talk Hawks which I’m sure they will be quite pleased to hear. :)

Not sure how much time you'll have but there's a zoo near by, beautiful white sand beaches all along the ocean and my friend who lives in Pensacola said there's always military training flights along the beaches.

I agree. I know I mentioned she never smiles but that wasn't any attack on her looks. And I agree about this hater BS. Nobody compromises or respects someone else's views anymore. Sad when an individual gets lumped into one category or political party. Life and politics is far too complex for that which explains the stupidity involved in trying to simplify something so complicated anyhow enough ranting let's get this board back to wrestling and winning Nationals.

I’m sure the political & Covid experts could reach/save/convince more people almost anywhere else. Remember Say Yes to the Dress had higher ratings than the NCAA Finals. Not a lot of us wrestling fans out there. I could stop anyone on the street to get their well informed opinion on politics or Covid, but chances are they won’t know sh:t about wrestling. That’s why some of us come here.

Last edited:
I’m sure the political & Covid experts could reach/save/convince more people almost anywhere else. Remember Say Yes to the Dress had higher ratings than the NCAA Finals. Not a lot of us wrestling fans out there. I could stop anyone on the street to get their well informed opinion on politics or Covid, but chances are they won’t know sh:t about wrestling. That’s why some of us come here.
Sorta related .... I was at my department Christmas party last night.
Around 50 people in attendance, and I am one of 4* pretty big wrestling fans.
The 4 of us are scheming on how we can get and justify our LCA suite for Nationals in March. We came to conclusion that all we need is 1-2 customers to show an interest and we will be set. :p

* one guy wrestled Jeff Prescott in high school, another guy is a big Det CC (Massa's) fan

Sorta related .... I was at my department Christmas party last night.
Around 50 people in attendance, and I am one of 4* pretty big wrestling fans.
The 4 of us are scheming on how we can get and justify our LCA suite for Nationals in March. We came to conclusion that all we need is 1-2 customers to show an interest and we will be set. :p

* one guy wrestled Jeff Prescott in high school, another guy is a big Det CC (Massa's) fan
I can pretend to be a potential customer...

Prescott is from Olean, NY, which is pretty close to me. So, your co-worker who wrestled him must also be from western NY or northern PA. My son trained a good bit with Jeff, he's a good guy (and still in great shape, for what it's worth).

Reactions: ClarkstonMark
Anyone else notice the email that was just sent out by the NLWC? Seems as though the duals aren't included as part of your Rokfin subscription. You must have a subscription and pay a $10 PPV fee. Gotta be honest, that stings just a little bit. So they're transitioning to a service that requires a subscription to be eligible for PPV.

Anyone else notice the email that was just sent out by the NLWC? Seems as though the duals aren't included as part of your Rokfin subscription. You must have a subscription and pay a $10 PPV fee. Gotta be honest, that stings just a little bit. So they're transitioning to a service that requires a subscription to be eligible for PPV.

My appologies, I couldn't resist.

I’ll quote myself on a couple of posts I made earlier in the week:
Just to clarify, Rokfin doesn’t make these decisions. The people putting the event on do. Rokfin simply provides the tools, and the producers of the events can monetize however they see fit. Rokfin is way more like youtube than Flo.

Martin talked a good bit about this on Bashamania recently. There is a percentage breakdown of the proceeds from the event, based on how your team performs in the duals. If Penn State wins all three of their duals, I think they get some thing like 15%. The producers I think are only taking 5%, if memory serves.

I think it’s a great model, in principle. Incentivizes wins, to hopefully limit potential ducking. And it gets our team a nice chunk of change that might have otherwise simply gone to Flo’s VC backers, etc.

Prescott is from Olean, NY, which is pretty close to me. So, your co-worker who wrestled him must also be from western NY or northern PA. My son trained a good bit with Jeff, he's a good guy (and still in great shape, for what it's worth).
Yes, western NY, though I can't remember where. I want to say Fredonia, but not sure why.
I'm from Warren PA btw

Reactions: billrag
It’s amazing what people will spend $10 on (e.g. 1 shitty domestic lager at a sporting event), and then practically faint when having to pay for a several hours long event.

Besides all the other good reasons you list for ponying up for this event
This is very true and why I will definitely end up buying it. But I do like to complain ahead of time and pretend I won't because paying for all the different services does suck.

But, In Cael I trust.

It’s amazing what people will spend $10 on (e.g. 1 shitty domestic lager at a sporting event), and then practically faint when having to pay for a several hours long event.

I agree. I’ve never bitched about paying for anything wrestling related with one exception …

FLO.

I'll have to put my 2 cents in on this one. A domestic lager is far superior to the ***t "breweries " are peddling. Plus Flo sucks ever since that jock sniffer likestobePYLESdrived was hired. Thanks Smalls103, I guess Liberto didn't beat you and your boy Snyder enough.

No Kemerer at Duals, per Corby.
I tried telling you guys in a different thread. Kemerer was home for a spell this summer. He ask Taylor if he could come to State College and roll around with some of the guys at M2. He rolled with Carter a few nights in a row. When Kemdawg recovered and got back he tried first to convince Marinelli to switch weights, but Alex refused. Kem then ask Brands about challenging Young, but Brands' wife and daughter said "NO!" So he is now living in Terry Brands' sweat box trying to get down to 149.

Yes, western NY, though I can't remember where. I want to say Fredonia, but not sure why.
I'm from Warren PA btw
Jeff Prescott was at one time my favorite wrestler of all time. When I was a kid I would run out in my singlet and jump like he used to before entering the mat.

Reactions: nitlion6
I tried telling you guys in a different thread. Kemerer was home for a spell this summer. He ask Taylor if he could come to State College and roll around with some of the guys at M2. He rolled with Carter a few nights in a row. When Kemdawg recovered and got back he tried first to convince Marinelli to switch weights, but Alex refused. Kem then ask Brands about challenging Young, but Brands' wife and daughter said "NO!" So he is now living in Terry Brands' sweat box trying to get down to 149.
hmm…my sources tell me he’s going 184……

for now.

Reactions: nitlion6
I like my Rokfin subscription... Especially with intermat now on it, but I'd really like to see more material from the NLWC.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7brwnpsu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT