ADVERTISEMENT

clemson vs. Tosu -- Sugar Bowl/CFP Semifinal game thread

A valid argument can be made that 6 games wasn't enough to qualify.

A valid argument cannot be made that they're not one of the best 4 teams in the country.

Agree on both counts. Though if the Big Ten hadn't changed their rules, I still think the committee would have invited OSU with just 5 games.

Clemson Brandon Streeter. I know he played at Clemson, but he’s a PA boy ( his Dad was the FB coach at Gettysburg) did PSU recruit him? Just wondering

Interesting question, for which I don't know the answer. He threw for over 4,000 yards in HS for Gettysburg HS, and played in the 1995 Big 33 Game.

The 1995 recruiting class was a strange one for PSU. Dan Kendra was the top QB in PA that year, and verballed to PSU. He ended up flipping to FSU. If I recall correctly, Kendra overshadowed all the other QBs in PA that year. PSU ended up signing Kevin Thompson out of Maryland, who had been somewhat overshadowed in MD by Bob Sabelhaus, who signed with Florida. PSU also signed Chad Kroell, who had set some type of PA records as a QB in '94 or '95, but was barely 6'1", and as such was somewhat of a question mark as a QB prospect for D1.

Interesting question, for which I don't know the answer. He threw for over 4,000 yards in HS for Gettysburg HS, and played in the 1995 Big 33 Game.

The 1995 recruiting class was a strange one for PSU. Dan Kendra was the top QB in PA that year, and verballed to PSU. He ended up flipping to FSU. If I recall correctly, Kendra overshadowed all the other QBs in PA that year. PSU ended up signing Kevin Thompson out of Maryland, who had been somewhat overshadowed in MD by Bob Sabelhaus, who signed with Florida. PSU also signed Chad Kroell, who had set some type of PA records as a QB in '94 or '95, but was barely 6'1", and as such was somewhat of a question mark as a QB prospect for D1.
Thks Tom. FWIW his dad was a disciple of Tubby Raymond.

I don’t know either, but Clemson was not very good in the 90’s. The often went 7-5 or 6-6 and were just another team in the ACC. PSU may not have recruited him.

Reactions: bison13
Between this game as well as the Alabama-ND game my eye thinks the down and distance marker with the yellowish-orange background is a penalty flag signal. Anyone else thinking the same?

Reactions: BW Lion
Between this game as well as the Alabama-ND game my eye thinks the down and distance marker with the yellowish-orange background is a penalty flag signal. Anyone else thinking the same?
also looks like every defense is lined up offside.

Reactions: PSUHarry33
Yeah, dumb color choice.

Agree it’s annoying

As soon as I say that, the Clemson guy hurts Fields. Is targeting only to the head area?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT