ADVERTISEMENT

Big Tens Session 2 Thread (starts @7pm EST)

Penn State with 6 finalists in tomorrows Big Ten Finals... Widen their lead in the B10 Finals

Penn State goes 6-1 in the semi-finals and open up a huge lead in the Big Ten Championships.

Reactions: lionlover
141 Semi:
Jimmy Gulibon vs. Javier Gasca (MSU)

Per 1:
Jimmy shoots on a single, nothing. Jimmy shoots, then Gasca counters, both on their knees, they scramble and Gasca with the TD, 0-2. Jimmy with the esc, 1-2. Jimmy in on a head inside single, but it ends in a stalemate. Gasca in on a leg and gets the TD, 1-4. Jimmy with the esc, 2-4. 30 sec left. End.

Per 2:
Gasca takes down. Jimmy riding well. Stall warning on Jimmy. 1:20 left. Gasca broken down, then works back up, then broken down. Jimmy with a 2-on-1 for a tilt, but doesn't get to 45 degrees so no swipes. Gasca finally out with 15 sec left, 2-5. 1:13 in RT for Jimmy

Per 3:
Jimmy takes down. Jimmy is out in 7 sec, 3-5. Lots of hand fighting and battling. 45 sec left. Jimmy in on the right leg, and gets the TD, 5-5. 20 sec left. Gasca to seated position, and driven back down. He rides out, and with RT wins 6-5. Not pretty, but Jimmy got it done.
Terrific win by Jimmy. Avenged his regular season loss and figured out how to get past a taller, lankier type wrestler. He's been looking great late in the season. I thought he looked like he was on track in the OK St match even though he lost. It appears he's got his confidence back and is determined to finish his shots. His conditioning looks good as well. It's great to see a kid work his way through adversity like he's had and start to see the rewards of his efforts. Awesome work Jimmy, but still some work to do...the top of the podium is in sight!

That's what I suspected. In which case, "don't be a dick" ... we would have better luck asking Cael to start drinking Irish coffee, or asking Brands to sit still for the entire NCAA tournament.

I don't think IMar has been right since Nolf pinned him, I think Nolf really did a number on IMar's confidence.
Based on IMAR's performances against tougher opponents after Jason... IMAR's hype has definitely taken a hit. He's not as psychologically opposing and as feared by his opponents. He looks very beatable.

IMAR was thrown to his back by Ruschell and won a sqeeker with a late TD again Murphy of Michigan. He's very beatable again with Jason Nolf looking unbeatable.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT