ADVERTISEMENT

Big Tens Session 2 Thread (starts @7pm EST)

fen103

Nov 14, 2007
Figured I start this thread before i go eat lunch. Great day of wrestling so far!!!

I believe they do a round of consolations followed by semis. This is how it was done in Madison and Columbus last 2 years. I think I remember that correctly although we had some beers at the break both yrs so I could be all wet here.

taking my youngest to a mini-thon.

In 2012, PSU had 78.5 at the end of session one. Iowa had 69 and Minny had 59
In 2013, PSU had 62 in second. Iowa had 79.
In 2014, PSU had 70 in second. Minny was #1 with 77 and Iowa was third with 68
In 2015, Iowa had 65, Minny had 55 and both OSU and PSU had 48.

Really key session coming up for PSU.

Reactions: temple94
We have the opportunity to blow the doors off this tournament in this session.

Reactions: Hotshoe
And if Taylor beats Clark the HR will go on suicide watch.

I favor the Hawks in both matchups but the devil inside really enjoys a good meltdown

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
I told a Lehigh wrestling fan yesterday we could have this close to over with a good first day. Lots of things can happen. My guess is this session is wild

133 R2 Consolations
Jordan Conaway vs. Alonzo Shepherd (Indy)
A win by JC, and he's assured of a place at NCAAs

Per 1:
JC beat Shepard 14-3 in the PSU - Indy dual this year. Nothing thru 1st min. JC pulls on head, gets in on right leg, and gets the TD, 2-0. JC working on the right side of Shepherd. Breaks him down a few times. RT is growing. JC with a crossface and tries to tilt, nothing. Working a 1-on-1, then a 2-on-1 tilt, nothing. End. 1:23 of RT for JC

Per 2:
JC takes down. He gets broken down and is flat. Shepherd with a good ride. JC working to base. Stalemate with 1:11 left. JC works to feet, Shepherd throws in boots and drives him down. 40 sec left. RT is now in Shepherd's favor. Stall warning on Shepherd on top. 30 sec left. JC to a 4-point stance, and gets broken down again. Shepherd throws in the boots. End. Shepherd with 38 sec of RT

Per 3:
Shepherd takes top. JC battles and is out, 3-0. 55 sec of RT for Shepherd. JC snaps down the head and goes behind for the TD, 5-0. He cuts Shepherd, 5-1. JC with an ankle pick for the TD, 7-1. He cuts him, 7-2. 40 sec left. JC in on a low single, to a double, and gets a TD, 9-2. He cuts him, 9-3. JC in on the right leg and gets the TD with 10 sec left, 11-3, and gets the Major! Nice job by JC after a so-so 2nd period.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Gah. Took awhile for JC to get going. Hopefully he's over that Taylor match. DiJulius has been wrestling pretty good.

133 R2 Consolations
Jordan Conaway vs. Alonzo Shepherd (Indy)
A win by JC, and he's assured of a place at NCAAs

Per 1:
JC beat Shepard 14-3 in the PSU - Indy dual this year. Nothing thru 1st min. JC pulls on head, gets in on right leg, and gets the TD, 2-0. JC working on the right side of Shepherd. Breaks him down a few times. RT is growing. JC with a crossface and tries to tilt, nothing. Working a 1-on-1, then a 2-on-1 tilt, nothing. End. 1:23 of RT for JC

Per 2:
JC takes down. He gets broken down and is flat. Shepherd with a good ride. JC working to base. Stalemate with 1:11 left. JC works to feet, Shepherd throws in boots and drives him down. 40 sec left. RT is now in Shepherd's favor. Stall warning on Shepherd on top. 30 sec left. JC to a 4-point stance, and gets broken down again. Shepherd throws in the boots. End. Shepherd with 38 sec of RT

Per 3:
Shepherd takes top. JC battles and is out, 3-0. 55 sec of RT for Shepherd. JC snaps down the head and goes behind for the TD, 5-0. He cuts Shepherd, 5-1. JC with an ankle pick for the TD, 7-1. He cuts him, 7-2. 40 sec left. JC in on a low single, to a double, and gets a TD, 9-2. He cuts him, 9-3. JC in on the right leg and gets the TD with 10 sec left, 11-3, and gets the Major! Nice job by JC after a so-so 2nd period.

Unbelievable job. The kid got rode out badly in the second and came back in the third with HUGE heart for a MD.....

Reactions: NittanyLion84
They really thought hard how they could rob Thorn of a takedown there. No amount of home cooking could justify that.

Question: JB opining they will likely wrestle back for 9th place at 141 for potential NCAA consideration. Am I correct in assuming there are no B1G team points associated with these bouts (since the wrestlers have been eliminated)?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT