ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Tournament -- Session 4 Thread – FINALS + Medal Round!!

😆 I love Penn State. 7 of our 10 wrestlers were OUTSTANDING AND OFF THE CHAIN great. 3 of them wrestled below their ability. I tell the truth you should try it occasionally
Miles, why don't you ever just try to get along with people. This has been going on since...well, since these boards started. Go create a new handle and start fresh.

Team Scores
Penn State​
147.0​
Iowa​
134.5​
Nebraska​
104.5​
Ohio State​
99.0​
Michigan​
84.5​
Minnesota​
79.0​
Northwestern​
78.5​
Wisconsin​
55.5​
Purdue​
47.0​
Illinois​
46.5​
Rutgers​
32.0​
Indiana​
30.0​
Michigan State​
28.0​
Maryland​
24.0​

6 for 6 would of been cool but ill take it. Nice weekend. Hoping for very similar placings at nationals.

It's this simple: Greg's go to off the tie is being countered by Mason this year because last year Masons arm was injured and he didn't have the strength he does now...So far Greg hasn't got to an adjustment yet....So we have 12 days now to figure out something else.

Maybe we will maybe we won't but this 3rd match isn't going to look like the first 2.

Or he can just go away... AGAIN.
dont-go-away-mad-just-go-away.gif

Two wrestled above seed. One of them was a 2-seed. That’s hard to do.

Three wrestled below seed. That’s easy to do from the 1-seed, which one was, and we had a 2-seed take 3rd - also easy to do. Yes we had a 4-seed place 7th. Whooptedo.

It was a solid performance. The history of performances at NCAAs vs Big Tens bodes well.

In Cael’s 9 NCAA championship seasons, the average points scored at Big Tens is 145.2. They scored 147.0 today.

Every Cael-coached PSU team that has scored 130 or more points at Big Tens has won NCAAs.

Last edited:
I thought the first stalling call on Parris was weak at best, Kerk needs to figure something out if he's gonna win a title.

Reactions: Hotshoe
In case anyone forgot our team just won The Big Ten Championship and we're 2 weeks out from another National Championship.

WE ARE!
Exactly. We’re not ENTITLED to win every single finals match. That’s exactly the kind of attitude that makes fans of a dynasty easily hated. Instead, I am grateful for another fantastic performance and witnessing the next young great PSU wrestler, in Levi Haines.

WE ARE!!!

He's looked well health wise this year, he was just outwrestled big time. As Clay said, Mason Parris is the only guy at 285 that's the same caliber of athlete as him and when his normal moves aren't working, he gets flustered and rushes things. Need to make serious adjustment because what he's tried the last 2 times against Parris won't work.
The 1st takedown seemed to get in his head.

If only you could bottle Starocci's attitude and give it to Kerk.
No movement, flat-footed, no mean streak.
Parris was a raw talent out of HS and has jumped levels each year, I think he's passed Kerk when it comes to skill.

I thought the first stalling call on Parris was weak at best, Kerk needs to figure something out if he's gonna win a title.
He will...the same set ups he used last year need to be thrown in the trash and bet your ass Cael and Varner are throwing away that game plan now...see you in Tulsa Mason....

Reactions: danoftw and RB-Old
Team Scores
Penn State​
147.0​
Iowa​
134.5​
Nebraska​
104.5​
Ohio State​
99.0​
Michigan​
84.5​
Minnesota​
79.0​
Northwestern​
78.5​
Wisconsin​
55.5​
Purdue​
47.0​
Illinois​
46.5​
Rutgers​
32.0​
Indiana​
30.0​
Michigan State​
28.0​
Maryland​
24.0​
Typo at 10 vs 11?

If Parris and Spencer both win it would be a travesty not to give the Hodge to the big guy. HWT is 10x tougher than 125 and he's just as dominant agains the field as Spencer is.

I think people mistake analysis for poo pooing. (Almost) everybody is happy with the team in winning. But this is a message board for wrestling. We can break down a match or a situation without insinuating that someone stinks or crapping on them.

Greg rules. He’s a great wrestler and seemingly a good dude. He also has things he can improve and likely will need to improve to reach his goals.

I don’t think intensity is the issue. He just doesn’t have any idea of what to do with Parris. Parris is the only guy with the mix of size and athleticism that Greg just can’t out athlete him. So he ends up taking some sloppy shots that may convert on a lesser wrestler/athlete.
Yeah. Greg walked right into that first fireman’s carry. That shouldn’t have happened. But he rebounded and got out from bottom. Just needs to attack on the angle to get to Parris … he’s more than capable

I think people mistake analysis for poo pooing. (Almost) everybody is happy with the team in winning. But this is a message board for wrestling. We can break down a match or a situation without insinuating that someone stinks or crapping on them.

Greg rules. He’s a great wrestler and seemingly a good dude. He also has things he can improve and likely will need to improve to reach his goals.
"He needs to create better angles" -- analysis.

"He's a dumb wrestler. That's the truth." -- craptastic.

Parris, who I hear is a pretty decent wrestler, had a real nice first period TD. Honestly, how many 245 lb heavies have you seen hit a clean fireman’s? It was sweet. They battled evenly the rest of the match, with Kerk forcing the stall call that tied it up and then, perhaps, running out of gas while being the clear aggressor in the 3rd period and SV. A PSU wrestler looking less than fresh at Big Tens is nothing new, folks. Put me in the camp that Kerk wins it all in two weeks.

The first shouldn't have been called. Kerk taking several shots triggered the second. I didn't have a problem with that one
Paris' 1st stall call was pushing OB, no? Carried and pushed out. Simply not called consistently

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT