ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Tournament -- Session 3 Thread

Cael casually to ref after Van Ness match : "He backed up the whole match, and you called stalling once."

Ref: No, he didn't.

Cael: "What match were you watching?"

This after he could be heard saying, "I thought they were going to call stalling."

BTN+ mat audio is the best.
if refs called stalling like they should there would be a lot more scoring!

No

Not including the advancement and additional placement points.

Thomas was the higher seed. If Murin loses that match, he prob places 5th. Instead, he’s wrestling for 3rd. 2 bonus, 0.5 advancement and 2-3 additional placement points adds up to 4.5 or 5.5 more points.
well the other big teams are doing there damndest to help iowa win!to bad!!

Reactions: mcpat
Lol. Amine has one leg. Wilson other leg is full split OOB. Amine has nothing but the lead leg. Arena yells “two”. Don’t think so.

This is where Byers needs to shift his focus to the Brands match - however boring it is. The Amine match means 0 right now

I had to listen to NCAA medal rounds on the radio last year and he’s spending all his time on matches other than 2nd place UM - it was mildly infuriating

So I'm clear here...we have 6 in the finals... 2 in the consi finals ...the toughest conference in the nation and we are having a bad tournament?
It's relative. Based on seeding they're having a so-so tournament. The only guy to wrestle above his seed is SVN while Bartlett and Facundo are below. If you look purely at results of course they're having a great tournament but in reality they should be a little better.

Do I think it matters? No. It would have been nice to get a couple higher seeds at Nationals but they could end up getting better draws with lower seeds anyway.

Are there any more Amine's in the pipeline? Pretty sure I'm ready for a break from the Amine's in regards to NCAA competition.
Since there seems to be a dozen or so Amine boys, I woukd be willing to bet there will be a few in the future pioeline.

Are there any more Amine's in the pipeline? Pretty sure I'm ready for a break from the Amine's in regards to NCAA competition.
They'll be running that "leadership in wrestling" commercial w/ Miles on BTN until we beg for a gratuitous Moriah shot as she watches her son lose in the 2042 Dual w/ Iowa..

Ironically, one of the few things I remember from the intro forum marketing class so many years ago was if you remember the commercial, but not the product-the ad is a failure.

• Haha
Reactions: creamery freak
@86PSUPaul, Jacob Warner is up on mat 3 now. Here's your chance to make things right with his mom.
Since Warner is known as "Ladies man". Could be mom is simply seeking some attention from a more age appropriate "ladies man". Step to the plate and take a swin, give her what she's seeking.

Just saying

Warner just went down….and he was the more aggressive guy if you can believe it. Should have had both guys hit in regulation.

This is where Byers needs to shift his focus to the Brands match - however boring it is. The Amine match means 0 right now

I had to listen to NCAA medal rounds on the radio last year and he’s spending all his time on matches other than 2nd place UM - it was mildly infuriating
I'm not sure any team deserves more attention than any other at this time. Iowa would probably have to run the table with a few pins in there and we would have to go 2 for 6 in finals and lose all the others to make it close. Not happening. This has been over since last night.

That's off the top of my head without diving too much into it, so I might be a few points off but probably not much

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT