ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Tournament -- Session 3 Thread

Caffey MFF his last match, so give Warner 2 bonus
Iowa is really getting the bonus this year via MFF. I was looking for a GIF about so many gifts and couldn't find one. This will have to do...
aubrey plaza penises GIF

I read the des moines paper the writer was complaining about assad elbow injury now what that has to do with getting pinned twice I have no idea!!

Reactions: nitlion6
The Warner hate over on HR is bubbling over right now.
And yet the Children of the Corn don't get it. Warner, like so many before him during the Chip and Dale on Meth coaching era stagnate or regress to mediocrity. Kemmerer, Marinelli, Lugo...even dare I say Cassioppi is going backward as Greg K surpassed him this year.

I almost pity the next round of kids who'll discover that the Brand's' have a medieval rack as a coaching aid.

Reactions: oldcougar65
And yet the Children of the Corn don't get it. Warner, like so many before him during the Chip and Dale on Meth coaching era stagnate or regress to mediocrity. Kemmerer, Marinelli, Lugo...even dare I say Cassioppi is going backward as Greg K surpassed him this year.

I almost pity the next round of kids who'll discover that the Brand's' have a medieval rack as a coaching aid.
Omg. Having just seen cocaine bear, I think we have found our sequel!!! Meth ‘Munks.

If a wrestler can't go at Nationals is their replacement from the same conference or do the coaches vote on it or give another at large?

LOL TnT whatever works!!

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
That will have the HR idiots bringing the pitchforks out.
Warner is simply tired of the grind and bullshit. And considering these kids (wrestlers) read these boards, I would bet he would love to meet a few of the HR idiots personally.
Wonder how long it will take until the wrestlers get sick of the grind and start taking upper deckers in the new Slum Lord Bob facility? Maybe Mike Evans will be impressed then.

Let's hope Gary wins his last match of the year. Get some positive MOJO going for next year.

Prove the WrestleStat prediction wrong, Gary!

When does the 3rd place of the 9th place mini tournament happen?

Does it need its own thread?

How is that fat slob Orndorff going for 3rd? He’s terrible

Because Hilger was told that gaining 50 pounds was the key to success in wrestling. Unfortunately he used the method Sumo guys use to put on blubber, instead of Cassar's method of adding muscle.

Have we ever seen a body change that was hugely beneficial if it is an upper classmen wrestling who has gone through puberty? Cassioppi's weight loss IMO made him worse overall. I think Iowa fans agree. Though I heard he mostly did it for health also. Hilger I'm not sure if any of the weight he added was good.

I'm pretty sure both Nick and Seth have added weight and it didn't help. Cassar IMO was a little different since he was changing weight classes.

Zain and Gable does not count, compare how they looked in the face as a freshman, Zain was still a baby, Gable by his own admission thought he could skate by on talent alone without being in shape.

With only 8 allocations why would they wrestle for 11th?
For the fun of it, obviously.

They wrestle a Nth position (one extra than allocation) mini tournament at all weights.

It probably helps if there are injuries that prevent a wrestler from going to NCAAs, or getting a possible at large invitation.

For the fun of it, obviously.

They wrestle a Nth position (one extra than allocation) mini tournament at all weights.

It probably helps if there are injuries that prevent a wrestler from going to NCAAs, or getting a possible at large invitation.
N = 8 so N+1 = 9. They wrestled to 10.

So running the math, Iowa is at 119.5 to our 129
Iowa has Murin, Warner, Nelson, Cassioppi. Warner is expected to receive a MFF so that brings them to 122.5.
Let's say Murin and Nelson wins by decision and Cassioppi pins (he's done it twice) They're at 127.5. This is assuming no more medical forfeits.

Let's say worse case scenario for our 3/4, Bartlett loses as well and obviously Van Ness does if I gave Murin the win. We stay at 129.

Spencer let's obviously give him a pin. That pin puts them ahead by .5 before considering champ points (+4). So basically if him and Woods win (Woods by decision), we need 3 finalists out of 6 to win assuming Kennedy loses. If Kennedy wins, we need a 4th.

So team race not totally over but yeah ... looks pretty good. Also, if Bartlett just wins against D'Emilio (or obviously if Van Ness wins), we'll finish ahead of Iowa with 2 champs to their 2. Once again, I'm giving Cass a pin.

Can someone run Nebraska's numbers? they are at 98.5, so they don't seem to be a factor to win BUT they face us in 3 finals and are Iowa's best friends right now.

With Injury default and Medical Forfeit bonuses......Iowa currently has 8......which is 2 1/2 more than 7th place Teske scored. It's Like having an 11th wrestler who placed 5th/6th. Pretty fortunate I would say.

With Injury default and Medical Forfeit bonuses......Iowa currently has 8......which is 2 1/2 more than 7th place Teske scored. It's Like having an 11th wrestler who placed 5th/6th. Pretty fortunate I would say.
And 7 lost opportunities for 1st round bonus for us (at least a major for all except Bartlett)

But also, none of this is relevant if Facundo just doesn't lose to Bubba Wilson.

I'm watching the pre show on the B1G and Spencer was the subject. Spencer blows an ACL and Brands says basically, take care of business. Not sure I can support that. That wouldn't happen in any other sport.

Reactions: mcpat
I'm watching the pre show on the B1G and Spencer was the subject. Spencer blows an ACL and Brands says basically, take care of business. Not sure I can support that. That wouldn't happen in any other sport.
Luckily you’re a Penn St fan.

In all fairness, Spencer made the decision to wrestle. What else do you say at that point?

Yep, and as McScorely said earlier, it really underscores how the current Big10 scoring format provides a bit of a headstart for the contenders. Two weeks from now no one will care who won this tournament, regardless of what happens over the next few hours.

In all fairness, Spencer made the decision to wrestle. What else do you say at that point?
You say no. It's that simple. The athlete never has the final say. There are also major repercussions that could happen, specifically to the opposing leg. Hat's off to Spence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT