ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Tournament -- Session 3 Thread

Key takeaway. Qualifying for nationals is hard, all these kids are really good.

For all the less than enthusiastic press Steen gets on this board (yours truly included), tOSU has a top P4P blue chip recruit wrestling for 11th and hoping for an at large. What's going on in Columbus? I was bummed when they nabbed Gallagher. I thought he would be an AA type for sure. He may still get there but he sure doesn't look like much this year
many very good high school wrestlers just arent meant for college wrestling!

We are like the Pirates. If the BA is below .200 and you have 5 HRs or fewer in the past 1,500 ABs you are a Pirate for life guaranteed a daily spot in the lineup.
So, all thing’s considered is BA Batting Average or Blood Alcohol?

So, all thing’s considered is BA Batting Average or Blood Alcohol?
dfcec5727c256475d7eff6e3049a6227.jpeg

Van Ness in the hole mat 1
Beau in the hole mat 2

I hate when PSU guys wrestle at the same time.

Reactions: Creek Side
141 consi semifinal
Beau Bartlett vs Parker Filius

Lots of ties early. Beau takes first shot but backs out quickly. Purdue coaches telling Parker to be heavy on Beau’s head. Continue to tie up a lot. Parker shoots. Easily stuffed. 0-0 after one.

Parker chooses bottom. Beau breaks him down. Parker to his feet. Then a mat return. OOB after 36 secs. Parker sits then stands. Beau gets the return then flattens him out. OOB after 59 secs. Parker to his feet. Beau hit with stalling for running him OOB. Parker out after 1:09. 0-1. Parker in on single but Beau gets behind somewhat quickly. 2-1 Beau after two. 1:33 RT.

Beau takes bottom. To his feet. Out in 20 secs. 3-1 now with 1:13 RT. Continue to tie up a lot. Beau has to watch cause of the earlier stall call. Parker shoots and is in very deep. TD given with 8 secs left. Stalemate. But Bartlett has RT. Given neutral. Beau wins 5-3.

Last edited:
I missed what happened to Thomas versus Murin but he just left the mat. Concussion protocol?

Most likely yet another MFF win for Iowa. Thomas went back to the locker room.

Joining SVN vs Rooks halfway thru 2nd. SVN up 5-2.

SVN spin drill off Rooks shot makes it 7-2. RT goes up over a minute for SVN. 7-2 after two. 1:23 RT.

Rooks chooses bottom. Escape makes it 7-3. RT is 1:26. Lots of hands to the head. Stall warning on Rooks. SVN double but they go OOB. SVN single and the finish. 9-3. Lets him up. Shoots again and again and gets the TD. 11-4. 12-4 final with RT. Van Ness will wrestle for 3rd. The young man is racking up bonus points too.

141 consi semifinal
Beau Bartlett vs Parker Filius

Lots of ties early. Beau takes first shot but backs out quickly. Purdue coaches telling Parker to be heavy on Beau’s head. Continue to tie up a lot. Parker shoots. Easily stuffed. 0-0 after one.

Parker chooses bottom. Beau breaks him down. Parker to his feet. Then a mat return. OOB after 36 secs. Parker sits then stands. Beau gets the return then flattens him out. OOB after 59 secs. Parker to his feet. Beau hit with stalling for running him OOB. Parker out after 1:09. 0-1. Parker in on single but Beau gets behind somewhat quickly. 2-1 Beau after two. 1:33 RT.
I have seen the top man running the bottom guy off the mat happen hundreds of times yesterday and today. I have seen the top guy get hit with stalling twice. Kerkvliet last night and Bartlett today. The calls were correct, but holy shit 2 out of 100s is a pretty pathetic correct ratio. It's almost as bad as NFL officiating and holding.

I missed what happened to Thomas versus Murin but he just left the mat. Concussion protocol?
Murin driving forward on a double leg and Thomas backpedaled. They crashed out of bounds and looked like Thomas hit his head on the hard court past the mat.

Reactions: PAHURDLER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT