ADVERTISEMENT

Arthur Smith New Steelers OC

Hot off of the teletype.

Tom Pelissero
His father founded FedEx: Fred Smith.

200w.gif

Good hire. Dont really need to pay him.

He is the wealthiest coach in the NFL as his father started Federal Express.
I thought I remembered that name for another reason. LOL

I'm hopeful that he can deliver the goods. But just like Kotelnicki, the proof will be how their respective units perform on the field and max utilize the existing talent.

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
A lot of news outlets are reporting this, based on Pellisaro's tweet which is now about three hours old. I haven't been able to find any other verification that it's official, but a lot of outlets are predicting that it's going to happen.

Interesting he is known for the running game. In a pass happy league.

He befuddled fantasy football people all year. Bijan was underutilized. Algier didn't really get the slack. Pitts has been severely underwhelming. And London was either hot/cold and mostly cold.

He befuddled fantasy football people all year. Bijan was underutilized. Algier didn't really get the slack. Pitts has been severely underwhelming. And London was either hot/cold and mostly cold.
As OC at Titans he had a great ground game. Some are saying this is admitting that Pickett is not a great QB.

First thing they should do is offer Mike Munchack $5 mil/yr for more to come back for two years. Before him, the Oline sucked. While here it seemed like 5-6 linemen make the Pro Bowl.

Last edited:
Unless QB play improves, you gotta have a great WR1 or better OL play to maximize them. So, Munchak?
Does Tannehill improve the QB play. I'd be absolutely shocked if they don't let Mason walk and sigh Tannehill or Russ if the Broncos move on. Pickett starts a couple games before they give up on him.

Does Tannehill improve the QB play. I'd be absolutely shocked if they don't let Mason walk and sigh Tannehill or Russ if the Broncos move on. Pickett starts a couple games before they give up on him.

Tannehill MIGHT be an improvement over what they have currently, but it seems to be more like a known combo that could get you to the playoffs again, but isn't likely to do any damage.

I like this hire - no he didn't work out as a HC, but he had OC'ed some really good offenses in his past. Run first, which makes sense given the Steelers current roster: emerging OL, two solid RBs, 2-3 solid TEs, and a WR or two that can take the top off.

I do also think this shows ownership/coaching don't feel great about their current QB room. Big decisions coming there obviously.

What about Captain Kirk (Cousins)?!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT