ADVERTISEMENT

The Steelers have signed Baltimore ILB Patrick Queen.

I'm not sure I ever heard that comparison. Once a CPA always a CPA. Semper Fi.

I am an engineer and when I can finally let my license expire, I will cease to be an engineer.
A better example may be its like a lawyer. In addition to your law degree you have to pass a high stakes exam. Same with CPAs. You don’t give up your education or unpass the Uniform CPA Exam just because you make your license inactive. Forgive me if I didn’t know that engineers must pass a professional exam to practice.

Last edited:
A better example may be its like a lawyer. In addition to your law degree you have to pass a high stakes exam. Same with CPAs. You don’t give up your education or unpass the Uniform CPA Exam just because you make your license inactive. Forgive me if I didn’t know that engineers must pass a professional exam to practice.
Officially yes you need to pass two eight-hour exams. Pass the Fundamentals of Engineering then work 5-years. The you take the Professional Engineers exam to be truly an engineer. I will say that some fields do not require licensure, but if you are sealing plans and certifying design you must be a PE.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT