ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA's - Day 1 - Match/discussion thread

I love you Beau but you’re too good to wrestle like this. You’re way too good to wrestle one-score matches all the time. You can dominate most these guys and wrestle close with only the very best. You’re that good, dude.

I hate saying this but I think Beau is going to drop a match he shouldn’t this tournament because he’s being so ****ing passive. I haven’t seen him take a single attack this entire match

And then Boom! Fall

He could do that shit in the first period!! So frustrating

141: #2 B.Bartlett vs. #15 M.Moore (RUT)
P1:
Tying up in the center, no shooting. Ref breaks it up.
Back to the tie ups, Bartlett with a half shot, and back to the tie
They break and go right back to a tie up in the center of the mat.
Ref breaks them up again, restart.
Right back to a tie up. 1-min left, still no real shots from either wrestler
Moore down on a knee & they tie up again, right in the center of the mat
Both guys tying up and pushing, but no real shots taken
Period ends

P2:
Bartlett takes down
Bartlett working to his feet, but Moore trying to kick out his leg
Bartlett up, Moore tries to bring him back, but Bartlett gets out for the escape 1-0
Back to tying up & pushing in the center of the mat
Bartlett takes a semi-committed shot, but can't get to the leg & backs out
Back to tying up & pushing in the center of the mat
Ref stalemates again, restart
Moore back to a knee
Period ends with no more action

P3:
Moore takes down
Moore working to his feet, but Bartlett fighting hard
Moore gets to his feet, peels out & gets the escape 1-1
Beau pounces in on a leg, working for a takedown, locks up a cradle & takes Moore to his back
Beau with the fall!

#2 B.Bartlett FALL #15 M.Moore (5:49)

Wow! When Beau turns it on he is dynamic! 1st pin of the tourney! Great job Beau!

Last edited:
Reports that he had stomach bug/diarrhea this morning
So he was using 90% power to avoid volcanic eruption, and only 10% to wrestle. It all makes sense. It’s hard to win on 10% power. 😉 And he prevented a major evacuation and delay!

936full-caddyshack-screenshot1.jpg

Someday, folks are going to understand Beau. He's not long like other wrestlers. That's a massive advantage to others and allows them to tie up for entire periods. Beau is patient because he has to be. Give the kid some credit. He actually knows what he's doing.

Someday, folks are going to understand Beau. He's not long like other wrestlers. That's a massive advantage to others and allows them to tie up for entire periods. Beau is patient because he has to be. Give the kid some credit. He actually knows what he's doing.
Thank you, and no one wants to shoot at him because his counter offense is super strong...

Reactions: Hotshoe
I hate saying this but I think Beau is going to drop a match he shouldn’t this tournament because he’s being so ****ing passive. I haven’t seen him take a single attack this entire match
Well it would have to be next round against VomBaur or on the back side at this point

Watters is a beast. Kid is a problem and he’s only a freshman isn’t he?
Yes. And I think he flew under the radar a little because he missed his HS SO postseason. But he had a nice run his JR postseason and then a really good SR year.

Last week Asher Cunningham won his state final 2-0. Last year Watters beat the same guy 11-3.

That plus Tim Flynn is a great coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT