ADVERTISEMENT

2021 PSU WVB Thread (delayed 2020 season)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO Fitzpatrick is potential star and a big upgrade over Clark. She has the skills to play both front line and backcourt. Bilinovic looked real good at delivering a tough serve and may be the starting liberal by tournament time.

I don't know if she'll ever be the starting liberal. I heard she's MAGA all the way.

PSU vs. Minny, 2/13

S1: 29-27, Minny
S2: 25-23, Minny
S3: 25-23, PSU
S4, 25-18, Minny

They take the match, 3 sets to 1.

PSU took on Ohio State tonight

S1: 25-17, PSU
S2: 25-13, PSU
S3: 25-23, tOSU
S4: 25-22, tOSU
S5: 15-8, tOSU

Disappointing finish after being up 2-0.

PSU takes on Indiana on Friday and again on Saturday.

Only two programs, Stanford and Penn State, have participated in every NCAA WVB tournament. It looks like neither will qualify this year.
This year is 48 teams tournament, right? That will make it tougher to get an at large bid. PSU needs to be better in serve receive quickly or else they will not make it with Purdue, Wisconsin and Nebraska still on schedule. Also #13 needs to figure out how to set the middle consistently.

This year is 48 teams tournament, right? That will make it tougher to get an at large bid. PSU needs to be better in serve receive quickly or else they will not make it with Purdue, Wisconsin and Nebraska still on schedule. Also #13 needs to figure out how to set the middle consistently.

Serve receive has been an issue for years now.

PSU vs Purdue
PSU 22 - 25 Purdue
PSU 24 - 26 Purdue
PSU 25 - 21 Purdue
PSU 14 - 25 Purdue

PSU is bad, serve receive terrible and the setter is not good

Last edited:
I fear Russ will be stubborn and hang around too long like Joe. This program needs new blood at top.

PSU 25 - 19 Purdue. Defense played much better
PSU 16 - 25 Purdue. Purdue defense was much better
PSU 25 - 21 Purdue. They woke up and came back to win the set
PSU 25 - 23 Purdue. Scored the last 6 pts to beat Purdue 3-1
Good job ladies!

Last edited:
PSU 25 - 19 Purdue. Defense played much better
PSU 16 - 25 Purdue. Purdue defense was much better
PSU 25 - 21 Purdue. They woke up and came back to win the set
PSU 25 - 23 Purdue. Scored the last 6 pts to beat Purdue 3-1
Good job ladies!
Great finish winning the last 6.
For the experts, is the struggles we have related to problems with setting?
Fitzpatrick has a great future. With Parker and Hord we have some serious fire power.

Great finish winning the last 6.
For the experts, is the struggles we have related to problems with setting?
Fitzpatrick has a great future. With Parker and Hord we have some serious fire power.
Not an expert, but serve receive and setting are holding PSU back. Our middles combined hit .195, that is usually not good

Reactions: TheGLOV
He will . and with the same result.

Agreed. We should go bold and steal away either Minny or Wisky’s coach before PSU volleyball sinks further in the minds of recruits. It was been 7 years since we made the finals.

Agreed. We should go bold and steal away either Minny or Wisky’s coach before PSU volleyball sinks further in the minds of recruits. It was been 7 years since we made the finals.
OK, there was no championship in 2020, but in the 13 seasons prior to that, Russ won 6 National Championships, and made the Final Four 2 additional times. He made the Final Four just 3 seasons ago. Has any program done better? No. Stanford has only 3 titles in those 13 years. Nebraska has 2. Texas and UCLA have 1 each. That said, you convinced me. The Regional Finals the past 2 seasons is not enough and this year we suck. He clearly has lost his fastball. I'm with you. Let's dump the guy. Retire Russ Rose!

.....>

Reactions: TheGLOV
OK, there was no championship in 2020, but in the 13 seasons prior to that, Russ won 6 National Championships, and made the Final Four 2 additional times. He made the Final Four just 3 seasons ago. Has any program done better? No. Stanford has only 3 titles in those 13 years. Nebraska has 2. Texas and UCLA have 1 each. That said, you convinced me. The Regional Finals the past 2 seasons is not enough and this year we suck. He clearly has lost his fastball. I'm with you. Let's dump the guy. Retire Russ Rose!

.....>

A legendary coach who we all respect and love, but who also might be holding on too long...... Hmmm

Last edited:
I think that the demise of the program has been greatly exaggerated. This is a very strange year. Some programs had about 8 matches before PSU even played. Give them a chance. They looked good today aginst a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT