ADVERTISEMENT

2021 PSU WVB Thread (delayed 2020 season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
Please use this thread for all discussions about PSU WVB in 2021, until the fall of 2021, when a 2021-22 WVB thread will be created. All in-game discussions, as well as tweets, articles, and recruiting news about WVB should be posted in this thread.

Spring 2021 Schedule:

EqdTQ6_W8AE0Gpc

Please use this thread for all discussions about PSU WVB in 2021, until the fall of 2021, when a 2021-22 WVB thread will be created. All in-game discussions, as well as tweets, articles, and recruiting news about WVB should be posted in this thread.
Tough schedule

Play 11 teams two matches each for 22 total matches.

Miss: Northwestern and Iowa, 4 easy wins.

Last 4 are 2 at home versus Wisky and two away versus Nebraska.

Predict 17-5.

Lose 2 to nebraska, one to Wisky, one to Minny and one other game in an upset on the road. Could be 16-6 with two losses to Minny away, as opposed to a split.

9-12 seed at NCAAs

2020-21 PENN STATE WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL TV SCHEDULE
Tuesday, Jan. 26 | vs. Ohio State | BTN
Sunday, Jan. 31 | at Ohio State | BTN
Friday, Feb. 5 | vs. Illinois | BTN
Sunday, Feb. 6 | vs. Illinois | BTN
Saturday, Feb. 13 | at Minnesota | BTN
Sunday, Feb. 14 | at Minnesota | BTN
Friday, March 5 | vs. Purdue | BTN
Saturday, March 6 | vs. Purdue | ESPNU
Saturday, March 13 | vs. Rutgers |BTN
Friday, March 26 | vs. Wisconsin | BTN
Saturday, March 27 | vs. Wisconsin | BTN
Thursday, April 1 | at Nebraska | BTN
Friday, April 2 | at Nebraska | BTN

Times for most matches haven't been announced yet. Matches that do not appear on this list should be available on BTN+.

Reactions: TheGLOV
2020-21 PENN STATE WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL TV SCHEDULE
Tuesday, Jan. 26 | vs. Ohio State | BTN
Sunday, Jan. 31 | at Ohio State | BTN
Friday, Feb. 5 | vs. Illinois | BTN
Sunday, Feb. 6 | vs. Illinois | BTN
Saturday, Feb. 13 | at Minnesota | BTN
Sunday, Feb. 14 | at Minnesota | BTN
Friday, March 5 | vs. Purdue | BTN
Saturday, March 6 | vs. Purdue | ESPNU
Saturday, March 13 | vs. Rutgers |BTN
Friday, March 26 | vs. Wisconsin | BTN
Saturday, March 27 | vs. Wisconsin | BTN
Thursday, April 1 | at Nebraska | BTN
Friday, April 2 | at Nebraska | BTN

Times for most matches haven't been announced yet. Matches that do not appear on this list should be available on BTN+.

Glad you're back General!!

Penn State's matches vs. Michigan have been postponed. The postponement is related to Covid. The rumor is that at least one person on the Penn State staff or team has tested positive.

Tuesday's match against Ohio State is postponed also, due to cover.

geez, Minny - Purdue is only in the 4th set, and the PSU match has started. smh

and of course, Minny defeats Purdue in the 4th set, to make it 2-2, so they have to play a 5th set. PSU - Illini will be in the 2nd set by the time BTN switches to the PSU match

and instead of showing part of the PSU - Illini match every time the Purdue - Minny match is in a TO, break, etc., BTN shows tweets or Instagram posts of dogs.

And as I predicted, by the time the Purdue - Minny match was over, and the BTN switched to PSU - Illini, they were in the 2nd set. PSU won the 1st set, 25-20

Reactions: bmac710
Illini take S2, 25-17.

PSU seemed to suffer from a lot of new folks playing, a lot of sets to where the Illini already had two blockers, some weak return of serves by PSU, and generally poor blocking by PSU. You generally lose a set when all those things happen.

The 5 missing players in COVID restriction time-outs ?

I don’t follow volleyball closely and just looked at the rankings. PSU is 0-0, Nebraska is 2-0, Wisconsin is 4-0 but Texas is 14-0, Stanford is 10-0, Baylor is 13-3, and Florida is 8-2. Even with some COVID postponements, why such a disparity?

I don’t follow volleyball closely and just looked at the rankings. PSU is 0-0, Nebraska is 2-0, Wisconsin is 4-0 but Texas is 14-0, Stanford is 10-0, Baylor is 13-3, and Florida is 8-2. Even with some COVID postponements, why such a disparity?

I won't go into the situation with each of the respective ... I'll just look at Texas. Their 14 wins were from matches played in Sep., Oct., and Nov. The NCAA elected to not have the Championship until the Spring (April 13-24), so Texas is "resuming" their season on Feb. 25.

PSU takes S4, 25-20, to take the match 3-1.

Russ Rose's career win #1,300.

The Illini are not the toughest team on PSU's schedule, but it was still impressive to see PSU play as they did with the backup setter and the backup libro in the lineup.

Annie Cate Fitzpatrick is a freshmen for PSU that is going to score some points this year, as well as in her career.

Nice to get a W in the 1st match of the season.

PSU takes S4, 25-20, to take the match 3-1.

Russ Rose's career win #1,300.

The Illini are not the toughest team on PSU's schedule, but it was still impressive to see PSU play as they did with the backup setter and the backup libro in the lineup.

Annie Cate Fitzpatrick is a freshmen for PSU that is going to score some points this year, as well as in her career.

Nice to get a W in the 1st match of the season.

Nice win! Love Coach Rose. Congrats to him for win 1300.

Kudryashova (transfer from Rutgers) had a good night. Hit .381. Unfortunately, she has a lot of work to do on her serves. We had a bunch of freshmen and new players playing tonight and they generally did better than I would have expected.

Kudryashova (transfer from Rutgers) had a good night. Hit .381. Unfortunately, she has a lot of work to do on her serves. We had a bunch of freshmen and new players playing tonight and they generally did better than I would have expected.

Dead on!

1) 3 likely non-starters held their own: Oether, Fitzpatrick, Bilinovic.

2) Kudryashova, Fitzpatrick and Flowers finsished points from the OH. This haa been an offensive challenge for last two years, and will only get better with return of Clark.

Dead on!

1) 3 likely non-starters held their own: Oether, Fitzpatrick, Bilinovic.

2) Kudryashova, Fitzpatrick and Flowers finsished points from the OH. This haa been an offensive challenge for last two years, and will only get better with return of Clark.
IMHO Fitzpatrick is potential star and a big upgrade over Clark. She has the skills to play both front line and backcourt. Bilinovic looked real good at delivering a tough serve and may be the starting liberal by tournament time.

IMHO Fitzpatrick is potential star and a big upgrade over Clark. She has the skills to play both front line and backcourt. Bilinovic looked real good at delivering a tough serve and may be the starting liberal by tournament time.

Hope you are right as my Mom's maiden name is Fitzpatrick so I am a big fan. My concern is her ability as a blocker since she is undersized. She has already proved she is a great hitter and great back row player. If she can improve her blocking she could be an AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT