ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Sixers Thread

6-1 and seemingly getting better each night. I don’t see any reason to break up the chemistry to make a big trade. Maxey might have ROY potential if he keeps improving at his current pace. He pointed out last night that without summer leagues and a normal training camp, he’s still behind. Milton is looking like a player too. And I like having the ball in his hands at the end of close games instead of Simmons. He can shoot free throws. Harris might be the second best (second most important) player on the roster. He’s quietly putting up 20 per night and playing solid defense. See where this team is in a month (when is the trade deadline?) before doing anything drastic.

Last time the Sixers started out their season better than 6-1 was 2000-01. 82 points would have been a decent scoring output for the game (I'm only slightly exaggerating). Tonight they lead the Wizards 82-67.........at halftime.

Bradley Beal on fire. As long as they can contain everyone else they should be ok. He may wind up with 70 tonight.

Starters are playing great. The bench is struggling only because Beal isn’t sitting.

Through three quarters it's 116-106 Sixers still leading. Might be a blowout except Bradley Beal has already scored a career high 57 points for Washington.

Final: 141-136, Sixers.

Hope they play better against Brooklyn, even if KD will miss that game.

What a game. This was a loss last year. Embiid HUGE in the 4th quarter. Defensive tightened on Beal. Didn’t think they were going to be able to hold him down in the 4th.

Can’t believe the D by Thybule on that last sequence on Beal.

This team is fun to watch again.

Reactions: Delco Lion
Sixers actually played pretty strong D down the stretch and pulled it out 141-136. Beal ended up tying the franchise record of 60 points. He needed a late free throw to get there. Ironically, he probably missed the second on purpose to try and get the rebound.

Reactions: jrs1024
What a game. This was a loss last year. Embiid HUGE in the 4th quarter. Defensive tightened on Beal. Didn’t think they were going to be able to hold him down in the 4th.

Can’t believe the D by Thybule on that last sequence on Beal.

This team is fun to watch again.
You can’t miss that embiid is already much improved compared to last year. He’s in better shape and passing much better. Turnovers feel like they’re down sharply, even if I’m too lazy to look it up.

Will Embiid play tonight? He's missed one game so far and it's the only loss to date.

You can’t miss that embiid is already much improved compared to last year. He’s in better shape and passing much better. Turnovers feel like they’re down sharply, even if I’m too lazy to look it up.

He's playing better, but he also has room to operate inside. Curry and Green are both better shooters than anyone on the roster last year. That opens things up.

No kev so there’s that.
The bigger question is whether they play embiid or not. This team looks like they’re back to 2017-2018 form with outside shooting around the key pieces, but those key pieces are now better than they were 2-3 years ago. I’m not scared of Brooklyn. Lakers are the only team I’d worry about.

The bigger question is whether they play embiid or not. This team looks like they’re back to 2017-2018 form with outside shooting around the key pieces, but those key pieces are now better than they were 2-3 years ago. I’m not scared of Brooklyn. Lakers are the only team I’d worry about.

This is going to be an interesting stretch. They play better teams but they have 5 consecutive back to backs which is a brutal schedule. So I’m sure they will be doing some load management as this stretch goes on. You would hope they show well but given the schedule I would expect some tired legs from time to time and different players resting.

Also...who would have thought that win over the Knicks would be a feather in their caps at this point??

No Irving or Durant. Durant due to covid and Irving due to personal reasons.

Nash said he hadn't spoken to Irving so didn't know the reason for his absence, saying it was a personal matter. Seems on brand for Kyrie.

No Seth Curry for the Sixers due to ankle soreness.

Last edited:
Could have seen this one coming the second Kyrie just disappeared without telling anyone. Every time he doesn’t show or is out for an extended time his teammates play well. They were probably so excited they didn’t have to listen to that loon for the night.

76ers were an absolute sh*t show last night. Definitely a lack of effort. Chalk it up and move on.

Sixers forced to go with seven reserves and G league players against Denver today. 115-103 loss. Maxey had 39 pts, 7 rebounds, and 6 assists. I think he had three 3's. Was the best player on the court by far.

Sixers win but Ben Simmons...YIKES!!

Team scores 137 points and he puts in 5 of them.

Chances Wizards would part with Beal for Simmons? I would think the price for Beal would be less and you get a younger player while not destroying your bench to get him.

I don’t want to give up any of Milton, Maxey or Thybulle. I’d trade Simmons straight up for a player like Beal. But the team scored 120 in regulation. That was without a couple starters. They don’t need Simmons to score.

Reactions: jmorovich
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT