ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Sixers Thread

Article doesnt paint Harden in a very positive light. Maybe there is a better trade package out there, or Rivers figures how to make the team work. I think Harris will have a much better season and put up numbers like he did while playing for Rivers in the past.

Doesn’t paint Morey in a positive light either.

I thought Morey left Houston because he was tired of dealing with Harden. It’s surprising to see him entertaining the idea of bringing that headache with him

Morey just again said he is not trading Simmons.

Charles Barkley just came out and said the 76ers should not trade for Harden and hopes the Nets get him so he can watch that team's stars all fight for the ball. He believes Harden with his 1 on 1 style of play will command the ball and that Harden is the reason Chris Paul and Westbrook wanted out of Houston.

Harden seems intent on forcing a quick exit in Houston. Numerous articles talk about arguments with teammates this week and one incident where he hurled a ball at a teammate.

Sixers with the season/home opener. Some good things in the game, and some concerns. Tobias couldn't find his shot, which we saw too often last season. Shake Milton with a nice job off the bench. Sixers D looked good, and their outside shots, excluding Tobias, looked good. Their half court offense, as the beat writers had indicated, is a work in progress. Final, 113-107, Sixers.

Westbrook and Deal provide Washington with a lot of offensive.

Reactions: kevin310
Shake is instant offense. I hope he continues to be the sixth man. He is a special talent. When I saw him play for the Blue Coats in Wilmington he looked out of place, in a good way. Like when you watch a typical high school football game and there's a D1 bound player on the field. Even your wife who knows nothing about what's going on can tell that player is at a different level.

Tobias is in a funk but his best stretch ever was under Doc in LA so I'm hoping that they can rekindle that magic.
Good win considering the combined shooting of Green and Curry. I can't imagine that they'll both be this off at the same time very often.

Sixers with the season/home opener. Some good things in the game, and some concerns. Tobias couldn't find his shot, which we saw too often last season. Shake Milton with a nice job off the bench. Sixers D looked good, and their outside shots, excluding Tobias, looked good. Their half court offense, as the beat writers had indicated, is a work in progress. Final, 113-107, Sixers.

Westbrook and Deal provide Washington with a lot of offensive.
Good game. Westbrook is a great influence on a young team. It was pretty good basketball, considering everything.

Article doesnt paint Harden in a very positive light. Maybe there is a better trade package out there, or Rivers figures how to make the team work. I think Harris will have a much better season and put up numbers like he did while playing for Rivers in the past.

I agree. What is the goal to have a player win the NBA scoring title or win a championship. IMO trading Simmons and probably more for Harden is fool’s gold for the Sixers.

I know this game isn’t over yet and this post will probably come back to bite me in the ass but...Watching this sixers team against a bad Cavs team without Joel tells me all I need to know. Trade Simmons for Harden and get it over with. Windows to win championships are small. With Harden this team is a legit contender. Joel could sit with Harden on the team and they could still beat the Cavs.

Your star center not being able to play on a back to back after 2 games is another story.

Your star center not being able to play on a back to back after 2 games is another story.

A tad early in the season to be leaping to conclusions. And FWIW, the Sixers kept 4 centers on the roster this season, so JoJo missing a game shouldn't be that big of a deal. I missed the Cavs game, so I have no clue how they played without JoJo. He looked great against the Knicks, and very good in the season opener. Howard looked good as well.

Reactions: jmorovich
Probably won't happen anyway but I would get Harden for a Simmons trade. Without Jojo last night the team played like total garbage. Simmons still has problems with free throws and has no outside shot. Was tough to watch last night. I like Ben but he's not a player that can carry a team. With Morey it should get interesting.

The only impediment would be how much of a head case Harden is based on the past few weeks. Simmons was in a position to be the alpha for the Sixers last night and he ends up with a 15,6,4 line in 28 minutes. He was also a -23 in those 28 minutes. I don’t know why people are so enamored with Simmons...there is a big enough sample to project that he is never going to be a superstar.

Reactions: jmorovich
The only impediment would be how much of a head case Harden is based on the past few weeks. Simmons was in a position to be the alpha for the Sixers last night and he ends up with a 15,6,4 line in 28 minutes. He was also a -23 in those 28 minutes. I don’t know why people are so enamored with Simmons...there is a big enough sample to project that he is never going to be a superstar.

Simmons is the same player he was when he entered the league. He hasn’t added anything to his game in 4 years. If the Sixers are going to make this move they better do it fast before Harden keeps dropping big numbers and Simmons keep being 15, 9, 8 guy. The Rockets are gonna want way more in that trade the longer this season goes on.

Reactions: LionJim
Simmons is the same player he was when he entered the league. He hasn’t added anything to his game in 4 years. If the Sixers are going to make this move they better do it fast before Harden keeps dropping big numbers and Simmons keep being 15, 9, 8 guy. The Rockets are gonna want way more in that trade the longer this season goes on.
Harsh.

Come on. He has improved his free throw shooting to 60 percent.

ADVERTISEMENT