ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Sixers Thread

I’m not saying he needs to give you 25 a game but thats a lot of money to pay someone who they consider their second best player to not score. In that situation he should be able to take some of the scoring load off Embiid. Without that superhuman effort they lose.

If Ben is giving you 15 point and 10-12 assists that’s different. I know he’s been doing that most of the season but his off games are brutal. He’s too big, strong, and fast to only put up 2 shots. That’s unacceptable.

I agree Simmons for a player like Beal do it. Ben still can't shoot free throws. Washington is going to want more than Ben no brainer there. Depending who it would be worth getting Beal. Simmons does not impress me.

I agree Simmons for a player like Beal do it. Ben still can't shoot free throws. Washington is going to want more than Ben no brainer there. Depending who it would be worth getting Beal. Simmons does not impress me.
Why would Washington trade Beal? Why would they want Simmons? They already got Westbrook to handle the ball. They got a lot of young players and both Beal and Westbrook are great leaders.

Why would Washington trade Beal? Why would they want Simmons? They already got Westbrook to handle the ball. They got a lot of young players and both Beal and Westbrook are great leaders.
I completely agree with respect to Beal he is a phenomenal player, leader and seems like a great all around individual. Westbrook on the other hand seems to me to be a stats guy, I don't see him being a great leader who makes those around him better as he ha never really won anything without having the likes of Harden/Durant around to pull him up. RW puts up huge numbers and we hear about all the triple doubles, but IMO he just doesn't make the others on his team better.

I completely agree with respect to Beal he is a phenomenal player, leader and seems like a great all around individual. Westbrook on the other hand seems to me to be a stats guy, I don't see him being a great leader who makes those around him better as he ha never really won anything without having the likes of Harden/Durant around to pull him up. RW puts up huge numbers and we hear about all the triple doubles, but IMO he just doesn't make the others on his team better.
I understand your comments about Westbrook. In fact, they are pretty much what my own views were before he joined Washington, and I was kind of lukewarm to the Wizards acquiring him. Since he’s arrived, I’ve learned a lot about him. He tells his teammates that their prep for tonight’s game starts when they wake up and goes on all day. All day you think about different situations, what you’d do. You eat properly, you get your rest. Use your practice time wisely, work on your weaknesses. He’s a good friend to the young players, very open to them. He plays hard for the entire game.

If i were the 76ers I would trade Simmons but only if Maxey was not included in the deal. He may turn out to be a star in the NBA. Thybulle. who is a good player is expendable however. Remember that Hardin in 32 years old and perhaps you get 3 more years out of him. Simmons, Thybulle and Maxey are all very young players.

If i were the 76ers I would trade Simmons but only if Maxey was not included in the deal. He may turn out to be a star in the NBA. Thybulle. who is a good player is expendable however. Remember that Hardin in 32 years old and perhaps you get 3 more years out of him. Simmons, Thybulle and Maxey are all very young players.

And to your point....

Now the Sixers should turn around and offer the same package to the Wizards for Beal (without Maxey of course).

Now the Sixers should turn around and offer the same package to the Wizards for Beal (without Maxey of course).

I don't mind trading Simmons for another star player. But I don't want to trade the young guards for old players. Thybulle maybe because he probably has the lowest ceiling. But not Milton of Maxey please.

Reactions: Nitwit
That backcourt will be interesting to watch. Two guys who like to have the ball, only one ball, somebody's gonna be unhappy.
The $64,000 question is how long Kyrie will play nice. He WILL eventually go his own way, only question is how long it will take him to do so.

I’d hate to have him as a teammate, always wondering if today will be the day he goes bat-shit crazy.

Reactions: harjeff and MJG-90
I don't mind trading Simmons for another star player. But I don't want to trade the young guards for old players. Thybulle maybe because he probably has the lowest ceiling. But not Milton of Maxey please.

I hear ya, I’m just so down on Simmons. He hasn’t progressed at all since he’s been in the league other than defensively. He’s good but if he’s the second best player on your team you aren’t winning a championship. He’s a setup guy. Setup guys won’t be the driving force to championships in this version of the NBA. I really hope I’m wrong and will come back and eat ALL the crow offered up by anyone serving.

If they can get some nice pieces added with a Tobias trade and Tybulle I would like that. Tobi is playing well right now so there’s value there.

Should be an interesting couple of weeks.

Reactions: LionJim
Has anyone been reading the articles on Simmons’s knee? Let’s hope he isn’t on the verge of more issues with the knee that was operated on.

I still remember Calipari after the draft saying many teams will regret not drafting Maxey... Compared him to Jamal Murray... Caught my attention and so far very early in his career he is trending the way Calipari said he would
Yes, when the Wizards played Philadelphia the first time, Maxey (without my knowing anything about him) really caught my eye. Yeah, he’s going to make an impact for a long time.

well lookie, lookie as to which former PSUer (and a native of the Philadelphia area) was involved in facilitating the trade.

The Nets overpaid. Glad the 76ers steered clear of that package. I wouldn’t mind trading Simmons but I don’t like trading multiple players and picks for one guy. It’s a knee injury away from a disaster.

A lot of people feel the same way. ESPN is grading the trade and they gave the Nets a “D” for what they gave up and got back. Saying they got worse on D and not sure what they are going to get from Kyrie so was it worth it? Also, if Harden decides to stick around for his player option he’ll be taking up 36% of their cap at roughly $44.7 million.

Reactions: LionJim
The 76ers are a very strong team as is. I think the issues with Simmons can be alleviated just by allocation of minutes between the guards. With Curry, Maxey and Milton in the guard rotation, they’re pretty strong in the backcourt. Add back Korkmaz for his shooting and I’m ok with that. They don’t need to rely on one guy.

The Sixers haven’t been having trouble scoring. They don’t need another scorer who barely plays defense. They need another perimeter defender. Preferably one who can shoot. Maybe Maxey can be that guy. I didn’t understand the fascination with Harden.

Reactions: liquid0623
The Sixers have 70 points with over 2 minutes left in the first half. Embiid and Simmons only have 8 of those points.

Reactions: jmorovich
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT