ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Sixers Thread

Sixers shoot 23% in the first quarter. Wow that was rough.

looked good very early, but they couldn't hit the side of a barn after that. Plenty of time to recover, but somebody is going to have to start hitting from outside to change the tenor of the game for the Sixers.

2nd quarter and the Sixers look like total garbage. Horrible outside shooting thus far. I would swear Brett Brown is still coaching this team! Embiid still playing outside chucking 3s. His ass should be underneath.

13-0 run to end the 3rd qtr by the Sixers, and we're tied up 76-76 after 3.

About time the Sixers' D appeared. The Raptors have been lights out shooting 3s tonight, but they went nearly 5 minutes without scoring to end the 3rd.

Gritty win by the Sixers. Not a pretty one but a good one against a team they have struggled against.

Huge 3 by Curry.

If Harris keeps playing like he played tonight and the new parts develop chemistry, this could be a tough team. Unbeaten in Wells Fargo in 2020!!!

An ugly win and Embid took a beating. It’s hard to imagine him enduring the season like that and he’s already sat out one game. I can’t decide about Simmons. His shot making is frustrating but his defense is great. I don’t know why he can’t be a better free throw shooter and he never shoots from more than about 5 feet from the basket.

An ugly win and Embid took a beating. It’s hard to imagine him enduring the season like that and he’s already sat out one game. I can’t decide about Simmons. His shot making is frustrating but his defense is great. I don’t know why he can’t be a better free throw shooter and he never shoots from more than about 5 feet from the basket.

for all the advances last year at the free throw line, he is back to square one there this year. you can tell he looks petrified when he goes to the line now again.

for all the advances last year at the free throw line, he is back to square one there this year. you can tell he looks petrified when he goes to the line now again.
In fairness, I doubt his off-season work was remotely “normal.” But Ben clearly needs to develop a shot and show some growth.

The win was ugly but the refs whistles were silent after lots of contact. Toronto scored most of its points from three. The Sixers were trying to get to the rim. If the refs call the fouls, the game isn’t close.

if you've been frustrated with the Sixers in prior games, check out their play tonight against the Magic. Everything is going well for them in the 1st half. A blowout in the making.

Reactions: jmorovich
It will be interesting to see if a trade happens today. January 1 2021 is the first day Maxey is eligible to be included in a trade package. Sounds like Houston wants two of these three-Milton, Thybulle, or Maxey, and two first round pics. Thats a pretty rich package.

73-58, Sixers at the half, over the Hornets.

Team looks good when their D is working, and their outside shots are dropping.

Reactions: PSU_Chicago
Final, 127-112, Sixers. Still unbeaten at home, and 5-1 on the season.

At one point in the 3rd qtr they were 50% on 3-pt shots. They'll win almost any game they play if they can attain that.

Reactions: jmorovich
It will be interesting to see if a trade happens today. January 1 2021 is the first day Maxey is eligible to be included in a trade package. Sounds like Houston wants two of these three-Milton, Thybulle, or Maxey, and two first round pics. Thats a pretty rich package.
Maxey looks like the real deal. I would hold onto him if I could. I don’t know if it’s coaching or the personnel but the team is playing very well. The pieces just seem to fit better under Doc and Embid is playing lights out down low.

Reactions: WestSideLion
Who would have thought writing off Danny Green after 5 games would be stupid? Green looking good again.

He’s now one of my favorites. Mainly because he runs with “old guy with bad knees” steps. I can identify with that!

He’s now one of my favorites. Mainly because he runs with “old guy with bad knees” steps. I can identify with that!

Haha. I noticed that. He came out to guard someone on the perimeter and had one of those moments. He is a really underrated defender. Does a great job on guys like Heyward, who he is guarding frequently tonight.

I like the makeup of this team. Was absolutely certain they needed Harden, but not sure now.

With a bunch of new guys, it will still take time to develop chemistry. Early on they were winning ugly. The last couple plus tonight have been wire to wire ass beatings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT