ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Early Signing Day Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
The 2019 Recruiting Thread got a little crazy on Tuesday. So I'm setting this thread up to discussion PSU signings, surprises, disappointments, etc. on the early signing day.

Please place all posts related to PSU recruiting and early signing day in this thread. If responding to another post, please use the quote function.

The 2019 Recruiting Thread got a little crazy on Tuesday. So I'm setting this thread up to discussion PSU signings, surprises, disappointments, etc. on the early signing day.

Please place all posts related to PSU recruiting and early signing day in this thread. If responding to another post, please use the quote function.

I’m all in. Just renewed the 3 season tickets and the journey to our next National Championship continues.....

Where do I get one of these Letters of Intent? Seems CJF is missing a great opportunity to recruit a replacement now that Gambit has declared for the NFL draft.

Reactions: psuro
It looks like the PSU video has 22 on the board for signing day?//

interesting as we have 17 current verbals ...unless they post the names of the PWO as well (i cant recall if they do)

When did this early signing become the norm? I remember as recently as when this senior class were signing it was all on February 2nd. Are all 17 expected to sign today?

When did this early signing become the norm? I remember as recently as when this senior class were signing it was all on February 2nd. Are all 17 expected to sign today?
Last year was the first year with December signing and to the best of my knowledge, the only current commit who may not sign today is John Dunmore. We also appear to have a good chance to pick up a commit from a 4 star RB, Noah Cain

I believe last year was the first year. There is an early signing period and then the traditional signing day. The idea was to take kids that were fully committed and also to allow them to enroll early after there was a document committing both school and player. It also allows the coaches to concentrate on a lower number of uncommitted players after the bowl season.

I am not sure how many are expected to sign although, last year, almost all did for all schools. The Feb LOI day is now about 10% of what it was in previous years.

Last year was the first year for an early signing period. However, if last year and it looks like this year is any indication this "early signing period" should really just be national signing day and February is the "late signing period" because classes will be mostly full after today and a few late guys will sign in February.

Reactions: step.eng69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT