ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 76ers Thread

This sums the situation nicely. Major disappointment, poor personnel decisions and big contracts, and the pandemic causing teams to shun big contracts is a tough obstacle for the Sixers to overcome.

I am starting to think their best path forward is trading one of Embiid or Simmons. I don’t think Harris and Horford are attractive to other teams.

I’d trade Ben. He’s injury prone and he won’t shoot.
Agree. Even though Center is no longer the feature position, Embiid has a real chance to be the dominant big man of his era.

Simmons is still largely potential several years in...he has that allure, but really isn’t showing development into a full game.

Some team will fall for that allure and it may pay off, but the Sixers are teetering on complete failure of their plan. None of this may matter with Harris running things.

Reactions: lockhavenlion3
Agree. Even though Center is no longer the feature position, Embiid has a real chance to be the dominant big man of his era.

Simmons is still largely potential several years in...he has that allure, but really isn’t showing development into a full game.

Some team will fall for that allure and it may pay off, but the Sixers are teetering on complete failure of their plan. None of this may matter with Harris running things.
I’m shocked that a team that lost on purpose doesn’t have a plan to win

Well another horrible performance by the sixers. Now we sit back that the season is over and wait to see what changes will be made. I'd like to see Al go but know one is dumb enough to take him. Neto is useless and shouldn't be back. The biggest questions are is Brett gone and do they trade either Embiid or Simmons? We as fans have waited so long for the process to finally come together and we are still waiting.

Trust the process.

Trade Simmons, if they can get anything from someone dumb enough to take him.

The guy puts them in a tough spot on offense when a defense gets them in a half court game.

He clogs up the inside for Embiid.

The Sixets should have done whatever they had to do to keep Butler, instead they max salaried Harris. Ugh

Brown is out. I thought he was horrible. Can only go up from here.
I’m not sure how. They need to move Horeford and his big contract and somehow get some 3 point shooters in addition to getting Simmons to shoot from the outside. Their guards need to play better defense. This team needs a lot of pieces in order to contend. They're not tough enough. Embiid needs to stay on his feet and avoid injuries and move down to the low post.

I’m not sure how. They need to move Horeford and his big contract and somehow get some 3 point shooters in addition to getting Simmons to shoot from the outside. Their guards need to play better defense. This team needs a lot of pieces in order to contend. They're not tough enough. Embiid needs to stay on his feet and avoid injuries and move down to the low post.
Who is going to take him in a trade with his salary numbers? May have to do one of those 6 team deals which I will never understand, as we'll probably end up with someone we never heard of with all kinds of bs hype. Trade both Harrises! On second thought, throw in a couple of bags of balls and a new pair of sneakers and I'll give it some serious thought.

You answered how with your last sentence. Get his ass down by the basket. That’s coaching.

Who is going to take him in a trade with his salary numbers? May have to do one of those 6 team deals which I will never understand, as we'll probably end up with someone we never heard of with all kinds of bs hype. Trade both Harrises! On second thought, throw in a couple of bags of balls and a new pair of sneakers and I'll give it some serious thought.

The only way I think they can move Horford is to throw in the OKC pick they got and a young player like Zhaire Smith. It’s going to be expensive but they have ZERO options. They screwed the pooch losing all the assets they built up with all the nonsense deals they made. Maybe they can get Buddy Hield from Sacramento with that package (he’s due a big bump in salary and I don’t think the Kings want to pay). They were trying to sign him before the Sixers so maybe they thing he can play better away from Joel.

There was also an article about the Kings taking Tobias Harris for Jabari Parker and Buddy Hield. Should be an interesting summer!

I still remember Judge jumping up and down when I called this franchise a dumpster fire three years ago and how they would never win. I’ll accept the apology now, even after him posting countless videos of Ben shooting 3’s, Fultz shooting after whatever happened to him, their draft pick getting hurt, etc. At the end of the day they punted the only guy with a pulse (Jimmy) and took on two of the worst contracts in the league in Al and Tobias.

A dumpster fire is being too kind.

Where are you Judge?

Brett Brown should’ve been Gone the night he drafted, then traded Mikal Bridges during the Draft............... That guy is a complete disgrace to the entire city of Philadelphia, as-well-as all of the Sixers Fans who watch, & support the team!

Glad he’s Finally Gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brown should have been fired two years ago, you could tell the team tuned him out, So many bad decision in the past 3 years. Trading for Harris and not keeping Shamet, Not drafting Micheal Porter Jr instead trade Bridges for Smith who is a Bust. Giving Harris 180 million and Horford 109 million. The only thing they did right was trade for Butler but then let him walk.

Brown should have been fired two years ago, you could tell the team tuned him out, So many bad decision in the past 3 years. Trading for Harris and not keeping Shamet, Not drafting Micheal Porter Jr instead trade Bridges for Smith who is a Bust. Giving Harris 180 million and Horford 109 million. The only thing they did right was trade for Butler but then let him walk.
Am I wrong in considering Simmons’ refusal to shoot threes to be a prime example of the team tuning Brown out?

Some players would do anything to win. Jordan, Kobe, Bird, Russell, Scottie Pippin. Maybe I’m wrong here, and I’m normally reluctant to judge people without knowing what is in their hearts, but it seems to me that Simmons doesn’t care about winning as much as he should.

Am I wrong in considering Simmons’ refusal to shoot threes to be a prime example of the team tuning Brown out?

Some players would do anything to win. Jordan, Kobe, Bird, Russell, Scottie Pippin. Maybe I’m wrong here, and I’m normally reluctant to judge people without knowing what is in their hearts, but it seems to me that Simmons doesn’t care about winning as much as he should.

Maybe he just wants out-of-Philly at the end-of-the-day!

nhufONK.jpg

Mike D’Antoni Informed the Houston Rockets that he won’t return after his team was eliminated by the Lakers. He is rumored to be under consideration for the 76ers coaching vacancy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT