ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 76ers Thread

Hopefully Shake Milton becomes what we had hoped Markelle Fultz would become. No pressure though.

@berg3438 curious for your thoughts on the restart, particularly in the eastern conference.

milwaukee seems like a given to make the finals, but Miami and philly have made a habit out of giving giannis trouble. Boston and Toronto quietly sitting there without any hype. Tatum not showing his best and kemba in flux, but with Stephens Being the smartest guy in the room. Toronto will be in a different playoff world without kawhi. And even less than them, Indy quietly brought back oladipo after putting up a legit playoff team resume without him.

The west feels a little easier: LA. Not sure which team, but it’s one of the two teams from the city of angels.

my gut tells me you’ll see:

1) Milwaukee
2) Toronto
3) Miami
4) Boston
5) philly
6) Indy
7/8) nobody cares.

@berg3438 curious for your thoughts on the restart, particularly in the eastern conference.

milwaukee seems like a given to make the finals, but Miami and philly have made a habit out of giving giannis trouble. Boston and Toronto quietly sitting there without any hype. Tatum not showing his best and kemba in flux, but with Stephens Being the smartest guy in the room. Toronto will be in a different playoff world without kawhi. And even less than them, Indy quietly brought back oladipo after putting up a legit playoff team resume without him.

The west feels a little easier: LA. Not sure which team, but it’s one of the two teams from the city of angels.

my gut tells me you’ll see:

1) Milwaukee
2) Toronto
3) Miami
4) Boston
5) philly
6) Indy
7/8) nobody cares.

I would love that 4-5 matchup. I think the sixers could sweep the celts maybe 4-1. They have absolutely NO ONE in the 4-5 spot that could match up with the sixers. Embiid should average 38 against the C’s.

I would love that 4-5 matchup. I think the sixers could sweep the celts maybe 4-1. They have absolutely NO ONE in the 4-5 spot that could match up with the sixers. Embiid should average 38 against the C’s.
In a head to head matchup on paper, I worry about Miami. The jimmy buckets angle plays a part in that worry. That’s a team that outworks everyone on defense. In crunch time, I’d rather have jimmy than anyone on the sixers.

BUT the sixers, and most specifically embiid, are healthy.

as a sixers fan who believes that talent shows up in the playoffs, I think philly has the highest upside outside of Milwaukee. Maybe even including Milwaukee. But will the focus be there? Can jojo handle a guy like gasol or Lopez after getting squelched last year? How big will the drop off be with embiid off the floor? Can shake Milton give them an outside shooter? Lots of questions with philly, but they have the star power to make it to the finals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT