ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 76ers Thread

Judge Smails

May 29, 2001
Time to turn the page!

iu

Can someone more knowledgeable than myself tell me ... how good of a player is Josh Richardson. I see he shot around 36% from 3 last year. Is he known as a long range sniper type? Seems like that’s the missing piece for this team ...

TIA!

Can someone more knowledgeable than myself tell me ... how good of a player is Josh Richardson. I see he shot around 36% from 3 last year. Is he known as a long range sniper type? Seems like that’s the missing piece for this team ...

TIA!

He's a similar (but not as good) player to Jimmy Butler. Same size, skills, type of game, but not the take over the game late DNA. At least not at this stage of his career. I'm hoping that he's addition by subtraction though. This team has enough superstars with Embiid, Simmons, Harris, and now Horford. Need selfless players who play defense, don't demand the ball and can knock down a shot when it's there. Richardson could be that guy. Maybe a better comparison is he's a better Covington.

Taking this conversation a step further, Harris is better than Saric. Horford is a better backup center than we've had since Embiid stepped on the court. Really, replacing some of Reddick's shooting is the only hole to improvement over last year....in my opinion.

He's a similar (but not as good) player to Jimmy Butler. Same size, skills, type of game, but not the take over the game late DNA. At least not at this stage of his career. I'm hoping that he's addition by subtraction though. This team has enough superstars with Embiid, Simmons, Harris, and now Horford. Need selfless players who play defense, don't demand the ball and can knock down a shot when it's there. Richardson could be that guy. Maybe a better comparison is he's a better Covington.

Taking this conversation a step further, Harris is better than Saric. Horford is a better backup center than we've had since Embiid stepped on the court. Really, replacing some of Reddick's shooting is the only hole to improvement over last year....in my opinion.
They are also counting on Ben Simmons to take a step forward. In a way, they had to choose between Butler and Simmons long term. They chose Ben. He needs to develop.

Thanks. How’s he as a defender? Has to be better than JJ...right ?

Thanks. How’s he as a defender? Has to be better than JJ...right ?

Solid. Not Butler, but much better than JJ. With Horford, Embiid and Richardson, the defense will be improved. Hopefully improved enough to overcome any loss in offense.

They will likely be the best defensive team in the league next year. Having Horford at 5 while Embiid sits will be huge. I still think Simmons needs to take a big step forward in his shot.

Reactions: ftlpsu
Did the Simmons extension get done?

Not that I know of. That’s the one part of the story that they got wrong. If they meant they are working on the extension that’s one thing. He definitely didn’t sign one yet though.

Reactions: jrs1024
Not that I know of. That’s the one part of the story that they got wrong. If they meant they are working on the extension that’s one thing. He definitely didn’t sign one yet though.

I had read over the weekend that they had just started discussions. I assumed it would be a story we'd hear about if the extension happened. So I was surprised to see that in the article.

Maybe Shake Milton and TJ are the last signings? They could always do a deal at the deadline for a backup PG. Always going to be sellers.

Reactions: Delco Lion
Really like this move. Apparently turned down more money elsewhere to “return to a championship contender” in his words

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
Richardson is 25 years old, and has improved steadily.

Last year, for example, he got to the line more often, and hit 86% on his FTs; scored 16 pts/game with 4 assists

I like the Ennis signing. He's good on D, and didn't cost a lot.

The Sixers are nearing their cap limits. I was hoping for another outside shooter, but that may be unlikely. They may be counting on, or hoping for, more outside O from Zhaire Smith and Matisse Thybulle than I would, but here's hoping they're right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT