ADVERTISEMENT

Proud grandpa here

RickinDayton

May 29, 2001
My oldest grandaughter was selected as one of the Undet Armour Nashville girls flag football MVPs on Friday Night. Camp was held @ Brentwood Academy. One of the other MVPs was a teammate of hers @ Page HS (Franklin, TN). Their girls flag football team is currently 4 & 0. She plays WR, LBer and CB. She has three TD receptions in 4 games and many pass breakups.
She is a Senior.
Starting next year, the Tennessee HS Athletic Association will recognize Girls Flaf football throughout the state with divisions and playoffs. Currently, there are only about three counties with HS teams and they have a tournament at the end of the season. The Tennessee Titans got the games going by their sponsorship several years ago.

Last edited:
Congrats regarding your granddaughter. My son is in spring flag football for the first time here in PA. He is learning the game in his first season, but he is already having a lot of fun with it and wants to do the fall league as well. In fact, it looks so fun. I wish there was such a league when I grew up!

Reactions: Obliviax
Congrats regarding your granddaughter. My son is in spring flag football for the first time here in PA. He is learning the game in his first season, but he is already having a lot of fun with it and wants to do the fall league as well. In fact, it looks so fun. I wish there was such a league when I grew up!
We played flag football in intramurals in college. It was great. I was shocked at how many good athletes played.

Fun Fact: Obliviax was approached by an assistant coach to see if he wanted to join the football team. My sophomore year I made the all-intramural team at RB (even though I played on the OL in high school). Our top two RBs went down to injury in the first game. (small NAIA school). I decided to run track in the spring session as the football coach was also the track coach. I was throwing up within the first 15 minutes of practice on day 1. Day two it was ten minutes. I didn't show up for day 3. I was told, by other players, that the HC didn't like me walking on and wanted to see if I had what it took. I didn't. The other players were happy I quit because he was killing them those two days. After not running competitively, I was smoked. I was one of the fastest guys in my HS football team and ended up exceeding 100 points in track in hurdles and the 800m relay (200-meter splits). Today I struggle to get up off the living room floor.

Congrats @RickinDayton ! You'll never be prouder than when your kids/grandkids accomplish something. Keep up the hard work!

Reactions: RickinDayton
My oldest grandaughter was selected as one of the Undet Armour Nashville girls flag football MVPs on Friday Night. Camp was held @ Brentwood Academy. One of the other MVPs was a teammate of hers @ Page HS (Franklin, TN). Their girls flag football team is currently 4 & 0. She plays WR, LBer and CB. She has three TD receptions in 4 games and many pass breakups.
She is a Senior.
Starting next year, the Tennessee HS Athletic Association will recognize Girls Flaf football throughout the state with divisions and playoffs. Currently, there are only about three counties with HS teams and they have a tournament at the end of the season. The Tennessee Titans got the games going by their sponsorship several years ago.
Congrats and best wishes. Girls FF started here in NYSPHSAA in 22 and it's on fire.

Yes, we have watched many of her games. Some of the rules are odd but all the girls really are enjoying playing. It is fun and it is picking up popularity. The Titans and other NFL teams sponsorship is smart marketing as it grows their fan base. My grandaughter undetstands all kinds of football nuances. My cousin who lives in Phily burbs (Lansdale) has two daughters who play; his oldest is on a travel team, youngest just rec league.

Congrats and best wishes. Girls FF started here in NYSPHSAA in 22 and it's on fire.
Yep. Popularity is soaring and its fun for them to play and fun to watch. Many of the girls are multi-sport athletes who also play either soccer or bball.

We played flag football in intramurals in college. It was great. I was shocked at how many good athletes played.

Fun Fact: Obliviax was approached by an assistant coach to see if he wanted to join the football team. My sophomore year I made the all-intramural team at RB (even though I played on the OL in high school). Our top two RBs went down to injury in the first game. (small NAIA school). I decided to run track in the spring session as the football coach was also the track coach. I was throwing up within the first 15 minutes of practice on day 1. Day two it was ten minutes. I didn't show up for day 3. I was told, by other players, that the HC didn't like me walking on and wanted to see if I had what it took. I didn't. The other players were happy I quit because he was killing them those two days. After not running competitively, I was smoked. I was one of the fastest guys in my HS football team and ended up exceeding 100 points in track in hurdles and the 800m relay (200-meter splits). Today I struggle to get up off the living room floor.

Congrats @RickinDayton ! You'll never be prouder than when your kids/grandkids accomplish something. Keep up the hard work!
Great story and kudos to you for taking the risk to try out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT