ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 76ers Thread

Embiid needs to get in shape. He is a tremendous talent.

Can he get in shape? I remember last summer and there was such great hope for Embiid. It was the first summer where he wasnt dealing with some type of issue and was supposed to be really in good physical health and shape. Then the season started, and it was clear he wasnt in playing shape.

Interesting. I had missed the recent trade of Green from the Lakers to the Thunder, so Wojo's tweet had me a bit confused.

I'm disappointed that the Sixers gave up a 1st round pick. I guess they had to pay a premium to get Hereford's contract off of their books. Green can hit from outside, and play good D on the perimeter -- two things that have been missing from the Sixers.

this appears to be the complete trade, and as mentioned above, the 1st round pick is protected for 1-6 in 2025

Morey does has a rep for trading 1st round picks. The Sixers had a stockpile of those from The Process, but they've been pretty much used up by those that replaced Hinkie as GM.

this appears to be the complete trade, and as mentioned above, the 1st round pick is protected for 1-6 in 2025

Morey does has a rep for trading 1st round picks. The Sixers had a stockpile of those from The Process, but they've been pretty much used up by those that replaced Hinkie as GM.
I don’t follow this much. What does Green bring to the 76ers? Is he a good fit? Thanks

The fact he got out from that Horford contract and got a player who fits what they need AND is a free agent next year is great. Gives them flexibility.
The picks that far away could hurt but the protections at least save the pick in the event they are really bad by then.
Biggest takeaway here is that they got away from that horrendous contract.

I don’t follow this much. What does Green bring to the 76ers? Is he a good fit? Thanks

He’s a good fit simply by the fact he can shoot which the sixers desperately need. His defense fell a little this year as he has gotten older and his lateral movement suffered a little.

Best thing about Danny Green...he’s off the books after this season!

Reactions: WestSideLion
He’s a good fit simply by the fact he can shoot which the sixers desperately need. His defense fell a little this year as he has gotten older and his lateral movement suffered a little.

Best thing about Danny Green...he’s off the books after this season!
They basically traded two picks to get Horford and his remaining dollars off the books.

Reactions: jmorovich
The fact he got out from that Horford contract and got a player who fits what they need AND is a free agent next year is great. Gives them flexibility.
The picks that far away could hurt but the protections at least save the pick in the event they are really bad by then.
Biggest takeaway here is that they got away from that horrendous contract.

Puts them in a better position to go after and afford Harden.

With the 21st pick, the Sixers draft G Tyrese Maxey. Not a bad player, but was not a good shooter. Hopefully he can develop a shot.

Shooting, perimeter defense, and hustle. Has played on winning teams.

Downside -- 33 years old and didn't have great shooting for most recent season
FG--41.6%
3-pt -- 36.7%
FT -- 68.8%

Reactions: Nitwit
Shooting, perimeter defense, and hustle. Has played on winning teams.

Downside -- 33 years old and didn't have great shooting for most recent season
FG--41.6%
3-pt -- 36.7%
FT -- 68.8%

yeah he is in downside of career. Could be a decent off the bench shooter that gives a veteran positive presence in the locker room. Try to keep minutes in the 12-18 range to get the most out of him.

Reactions: Nitwit
Sixers add yet more shooting....Seth Curry for Josh Richardson

Yeah, that was weird. The Sixers' pick of Ty Bey was announced from the podium, and just after ESPN showed highlights of him, Wojo was on announced the trade of the recent pick, Bey, plus Josh Richardson, for Seth Curry.

I liked Richardson when he was on, but his play was pretty inconsistent. It was hard to tell how much that was due to him, and how much was due to the inconsistency (and constantly changing lineups) of the Sixers.

Yeah, that was weird. The Sixers' pick of Ty Bey was announced from the podium, and just after ESPN showed highlights of him, Wojo was on announced the trade of the recent pick, Bey, plus Josh Richardson, for Seth Curry.

I liked Richardson when he was on, but his play was pretty inconsistent. It was hard to tell how much that was due to him, and how much was due to the inconsistency (and constantly changing lineups) of the Sixers.
How do the dollars line up? Because one might think these are preludes you so additional moves.

How do the dollars line up? Because one might think these are preludes you so additional moves.

Richardson's cap hit is slated to be $10,865,952 for the upcoming season and $11,615,328 for the 2021-2022 season. He's a UFA after that.

Curry's cap hit is slated to be $7,834,449 for the upcoming season, and $8,207,518 for the 2021-2022 season. Curry's contract also calls for $8,496,653 in 2022-2023.

So the Sixers gave up a draft pick, and saved about $3 mill per season against the cap.

Reactions: WestSideLion
Richardson's cap hit is slated to be $10,865,952 for the upcoming season and $11,615,328 for the 2021-2022 season. He's a UFA after that.

Curry's cap hit is slated to be $7,834,449 for the upcoming season, and $8,207,518 for the 2021-2022 season. Curry's contract also calls for $8,496,653 in 2022-2023.

So the Sixers gave up a draft pick, and saved about $3 mill per season against the cap.
Ok. So with Green’s expiring contract and trading Horford, they potentially drop $30 million in salary next offseason?

Again, my hunch is they are thinking a couple of moves ahead on something else, but things are interesting.

Reactions: royboy
Nice moves by the Sixers last night. Kid from Kentucky is underrated. Will make an impact this year.
He’s OK. Nothing special from what I saw of his here but it’s hard to judge on nine truncated season from an 18/19 year old. I wouldn’t expect much from him this year, but he did give a full effort and seemed to have a good attitude.

The real question is when Brand is going to buy Morey a fancy steak dinner with a bottle of '82 Lafite Rothschild? Because Daryl just made quick work of a royal Brand mess in the Horford deal.

If anyone has ESPN+, Kevin Pelton has a nice write-up on the trade and gives the Sixers high marks.

Reactions: jmorovich
The real question is when Brand is going to buy Morey a fancy steak dinner with a bottle of '82 Lafite Rothschild? Because Daryl just made quick work of a royal Brand mess in the Horford deal.

If anyone has ESPN+, Kevin Pelton has a nice write-up on the trade and gives the Sixers high marks.

What exactly is Brand’s role at this point?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT