ADVERTISEMENT

Good news on the way?

Lion_Backer

Jan 30, 2005
I see a new Future Cast from Adam Frieman for Alex Tatsch 4* OL from Latrobe, PA to PSU on the home page.

Combined with my headline that I borrowed from the Lions Den.

???

The other site just placed a CB for 4* OLB Dayshaun Burnett from Pittsburgh Imani Christian.??

I wonder if Anthony Sacca is still in the mix.

LBU

Probably room for 4 LBs in this class. This could be lower rated kids getting there spot. Sacca might be a longer play as he can go virtually anywhere. Legacy or not.

The other site just placed a CB for 4* OLB Dayshaun Burnett from Pittsburgh Imani Christian.??

I wonder if Anthony Sacca is still in the mix.

LBU
According to the PSU BW podcast neither side is pushing that hard. Notre Dame is probably the favorite.

Psu is still pushing for one of he Florida LBs or ,maybe cam smith.

Ps. You guys are all drooling over sacca because he is a legacy. Levar jr has an offer too.

Thank you for the updated information from the podcast.

When it comes to a PSU legacy who is highly rated by the recruiting services, there is always an extra interest in bringing these players into the folds, so the legacy continues. Think the Zordich's.

Lev Jr.'s offer sheet seems very robust given his recruiting evaluations. I know of his dad's prowess so if he wants to commit, I'm sure that he would be warmly welcomed.

According to the PSU BW podcast neither side is pushing that hard. Notre Dame is probably the favorite.

Psu is still pushing for one of he Florida LBs or ,maybe cam smith.

Ps. You guys are all drooling over sacca because he is a legacy. Levar jr has an offer too.
A legacy son who played Linebacker had a lot to do with keeping our ship afloat during stormy weather a few years ago....

As much as I love Penn State- Notre Dame is an opportunity to really consider. I just had a student get a full academic ride there- paperwork came in on Monday. She will be getting $323,600 in Merit Schollys and Grants over the next 4 years. Exceptional kid and life changing offer.

I know with NIL and all of the rest of the degrading of the academic side and the fact that Sacca is from an Italian (presumably Catholic/ SJ Prep kid) family- may not matter- but maybe it will.

Credit the kid and family for putting him into the position he is in- and the ability to pick what he thinks is his best school for his reasons. Hope he picks us- but if not- so be it. We are bringing in some quality recruits with or without Sacca.

Wish him and his pops well as they wind down their decision.

Good point. And Sacca's dad couldn't teach his kids how to tackle anyone. Where as LA could tackle, fly through the air, as well as a few other superman traits........ ;) :oops:

Reactions: LMTLION
A legacy son who played Linebacker had a lot to do with keeping our ship afloat during stormy weather a few years ago....

As much as I love Penn State- Notre Dame is an opportunity to really consider. I just had a student get a full academic ride there- paperwork came in on Monday. She will be getting $323,600 in Merit Schollys and Grants over the next 4 years. Exceptional kid and life changing offer.

I know with NIL and all of the rest of the degrading of the academic side and the fact that Sacca is from an Italian (presumably Catholic/ SJ Prep kid) family- may not matter- but maybe it will.

Credit the kid and family for putting him into the position he is in- and the ability to pick what he thinks is his best school for his reasons. Hope he picks us- but if not- so be it. We are bringing in some quality recruits with or without Sacca.

Wish him and his pops well as they wind down their decision.
There is a story on BWI Homepage that says Saca dropped PSU from his list. Oh well, there are definitely other LBers PSU is pursuing. PSU continues to struggle bringing in SJP players.

There is a story on BWI Homepage that says Saca dropped PSU from his list. Oh well, there are definitely other LBers PSU is pursuing. PSU continues to struggle bringing in SJP players.
One of the lbs they are still pursuing is from sjp

One of the lbs they are still pursuing is from sjp
Cameron Smith?

Cam just committed to Duke and Manny Diaz today.

We do have 3 LBs already pledged during this recruiting cycle. I'm not sure what the target number is but with the right recruit, I'm sure they can find a slot.

Cameron Smith?

Cam just committed to Duke and Manny Diaz today.

We do have 3 LBs already pledged during this recruiting cycle. I'm not sure what the target number is but with the right recruit, I'm sure they can find a slot.
We already have 2/3 already. Per the podcast Psu is still after the two LBs from Florida. One has a CB for PSU. Smith was more of a backup plan. They said Smith was a Good athlete but kind of lacks a position. He is listed at 6'0. Probably means 5'11.

Ps. Is it a coincidence that Psu had two lb commits this week and smith committed to Duke? Maybe. It is not like PSU lost him to OSU or Georgia. I think psu could have had him if they wanted.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimNazium
LB recruits pledged for 2025 recruiting cycle: 4 * McClary, Tatsch and Burnett.

How many additional LBs are we going to take in this recruiting cycle? Depending on the answer to my previous question, maybe Smith waited too long to commit? And maybe Sacca also.

These recruits need to understand that there are only so many slots available. And if they are genuinely interested and have a committable offer, they need to act if they want to be a part of our program.

The final grades and evaluations for these players will be how they perform on the field at their respective school's vs the guys who choose to play here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT