ADVERTISEMENT

Time for a standing O at the Beav when Allar and team come out for pregame warmups.

psu00

Jan 4, 2010
Taking a page from the Phillies fans when Trea Turner was in a slump.

Saturday was a frustrating day. The team feels worse than anyone. Need to take a breath and turn the page on the OSU game.

Time for the Beav to match the Bank!

Saturday was a frustrating day. The team feels worse than anyone. Need to take a breath and turn the page on the OSU game.

Spot on. We need to support this young man and the entire team. Whiny, entitled fans do NOT equal a passionate fanbase.

Last edited:
Spot on. We need to support this young man and the entire team. Whiny, entitled fans do NOT equal a passionate fanbase.

I have to respectfully disagree just a little.

I have no problem with fans being upset with the state of play Saturday and the record in those games over the past decade. That doesn’t make them bad or entitled fans, just really invested in the team.

Granted, some let emotion get the best of them in the immediate aftermath of the game and type out of anger. It’s best to let emotions settle before posting.

In any event, there’s no changing what’s done. Allar seemed to take the loss hard. He took responsibility for his play after the game. He didn’t make excuses or blame others. Everyone here can respect a kid like that.

Time for all of us to go out there Saturday and let the team hear it.

Last edited:
I have to respectfully disagree just a little.

I have no problem with fans being upset with the state of play Saturday and the record in those games over the past decade. That doesn’t make them bad or entitled fans, just really invested in the team.

Granted, some let emotion get the best of them in the immediate aftermath of the game and type out of anger. It’s best to let emotions settle before posting.

In any event, there’s no changing what’s done. Allar seemed to take the loss hard. He took responsibility for his play after the game. He didn’t make excuses or blame others. Everyone here can respect a kid like that.

Time for all of us to go out there Saturday and let the team hear it.
Being upset with a poor performance is understandable and acceptable. I wasn’t happy. That’s not what I’m referring to. Calling for everyone to be fired and denigrating 19 year/old kids is not ok.

Reactions: mcpat and royboy
Being upset with a poor performance is understandable and acceptable. I wasn’t happy. That’s not what I’m referring to. Calling for everyone to be fired and denigrating 19 year/old kids is not ok.

I have no problem with people saying the coaching staff needs to be reevaluated after a decade of similar results. (Decision to fire or not is Kraft’s call alone.) I agree posts saying player ‘x’ sucks or similar type posts are over the line.

We’ll just agree to disagree slightly? ;)

I have no problem with people saying the coaching staff needs to be reevaluated after a decade of similar results. (Decision to fire or not is Kraft’s call alone.) I agree posts saying player ‘x’ sucks or similar type posts are over the line.

We’ll just agree to disagree slightly? ;)
Over what line? The truth?

And see there you go proving youre an idiot....God forbid you get butthurt over fans speaking the truth about pur team. Moronic fans that think everything is great when its not are the problem.

Over what line? The truth?

Over the line in that it was harsh for the situation for a 19 (?) year old kid who is only in his 7th game as starter.

It was just 1 game. Granted, it was a really bad game. But still just 1 game. You need to give him more time IMO.

I totally get the frustration, but I think more of that fire needs to be directed toward the coaching staff than the kid.

Allar clearly had little support yesterday. The O line often didn’t give him much help. There was no running game. The receivers didn’t show up. The O coordinator appeared to be suffering from a concussion with some of the play calls.

No QB will have success with that combination. There was a lot of blame to go around.

Last edited:
Over the line in that it was harsh for the situation for a 19 (?) year old kid who is only in his 7th game as starter.

It was just 1 game. Granted, it was a really bad game. But still just 1 game. You need to give him more time IMO.

I think more of that fire needs to be directed toward the coaching staff than the kid.

Allar clearly had little support yesterday. The O line often didn’t give him much help. There was no running game. The receivers didn’t show up. The O coordinator appeared to be suffering from a concussion with some of the play calls.

No QB will have success with that combination. There was a lot of blame to go around.
I agree with a lot of this.

10 years = same head coach
10 years = lots of different players
10 years = lots of different support coaches (OC\DC\etc.)

There’s one constant in all the madness that equates to the programs results or lack thereof….👌

Facts are facts after all……..

Reactions: MacNit2.0
I didn’t mean to knock the thread off track as player and coaching issues are discussed a lot on the board. Let’s get back to the show of support for the team as they come out for warmups this Saturday. ;)

I totally get the frustration, but I think more of that fire needs to be directed toward the coaching staff than the kid.

He hasn't looked good since WVU. He's not very accurate at the moment. It's amazing the excuses given here for his poor performances. Especially after all the praise for the offense coming into this game. You lose the "19 year old kid" argument when you sign up for this and are making money.

They are still students last time I checked. No longer unpaid marketing tools for the university, but still students.
They're basically professionals which they should be for the money they bring into their programs. Going to school doesn't alter that.

They're basically professionals which they should be for the money they bring into their programs. Going to school doesn't alter that.
No argument, but there are +\- 100 guys on the team. Only a few make real money. The rest still play for scholarships or because they love it.

Reactions: LandoComando
He hasn't looked good since WVU. He's not very accurate at the moment. It's amazing the excuses given here for his poor performances. Especially after all the praise for the offense coming into this game. You lose the "19 year old kid" argument when you sign up for this and are making money.
Please don’t ever go into coaching…….

Please don’t ever go into coaching…….
What do you think Saban or Smart or Urban would be saying about his play?
Smart bashes players and coaches all the time and it seems to be working great
The reality is Allar's play hasn't been great against FBS opponents since WVU but he can improve and hopefully will but that falls heavily on the coaching staff for not trusting him in the first 6 games

Support Allar, support the players, boo James all you want.

Drew has only had a few starts and hasn’t faced live game action against a team like OSU. We can debate all day whether Drew struggled because the play calling was bad, or the play calling was bad due to Drew’s struggles and current limitations. But, we’ve been hearing for years that James needs that big shot 5 star stud QB to get him over the hump. He has one. It’s the coaches responsibility to coach him up and surround him with players to allow him to succeed.

At this point, fans have to ask how they can be helpful. This is a great idea. The kids battled but didn’t execute. Ohio State is a better football team

What is booing going to accomplish? Nothing.

Be part of the solution, not the problem

At this point, fans have to ask how they can be helpful. This is a great idea. The kids battled but didn’t execute. Ohio State is a better football team

What does cheering do? What does anything we do matter? Fans are going to be frustrated with bad play just like they're going to celebrate and reward good play. If you're paying to attend an event and the team isn't performing then respond however you want as long as it isn't offensive. If being booed for poor play is the worst thing that happens it's a good day

What does cheering do? What does anything we do matter? Fans are going to be frustrated with bad play just like they're going to celebrate and reward good play. If you're paying to attend an event and the team isn't performing then respond however you want as long as it isn't offensive. If being booed for poor play is the worst thing that happens it's a good day
Don’t go into coaching……

Don’t go into coaching……
Coached HS hockey--like great coaches--the goal is to win and make your players better not coddle them.
Hopefully you never went into coaching. Participation trophies for everyone. Equal playing time for everyone. The best players hate you and then the weak players hate you because the best players hate them because you're playing them when they're only their because mom and/or dad are making them
Stop pretending coaches aren't honest and critical of their players. Again--see Saban, see Smart--see Dabo bashing is QB to the media. It works. Coddling doesn't.
Try again.

Dear Drew. This is big time CFB... not everyone gets a trophy. Put your big boy pants on and go back out there. You better get used to it if you have NFL aspirations. Be grateful, humble, and get back to work. There is a lot of wood to chop and no one said it would be easy. This is what you signed up for and you saw how Clifford was treated when he played poorly and when he played well. We have your back so got out and play hard.

Dear Drew. This is big time CFB... not everyone gets a trophy. Put your big boy pants on and go back out there. You better get used to it if you have NFL aspirations. Be grateful, humble, and get back to work. There is a lot of wood to chop and no one said it would be easy. This is what you signed up for and you saw how Clifford was treated when he played poorly and when he played well. We have your back so got out and play hard.
There is no doubt Drew knows all of that, thought the same thing himself, and will continue to work hard.

Now do you have anything constructive?

Reactions: NittanyChris
I get it. I’m there with you on the totally inept offensive play yesterday but it’s over. There’s nothing we can do to change it.

The only thing to do now is focus on the rest of the season. Hey- it worked for the Phil’s fans with Trea Turner. 😎
The Phillies have home run hitters up and down the lineup.

We have 12-31.

Yep. There’s no changing the past so the question is how do we move forward for the next game and every game after? You do what you can to get the team back on track.

Reactions: Obliviax
Yeah, if I’m Allar reading that, I really feel like you have my back. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Support Allar, support the players, boo James all you want.

Drew has only had a few starts and hasn’t faced live game action against a team like OSU. We can debate all day whether Drew struggled because the play calling was bad, or the play calling was bad due to Drew’s struggles and current limitations. But, we’ve been hearing for years that James needs that big shot 5 star stud QB to get him over the hump. He has one. It’s the coaches responsibility to coach him up and surround him with players to allow him to succeed.
Didn’t he have Chad powers?

What do you think Saban or Smart or Urban would be saying about his play?
Smart bashes players and coaches all the time and it seems to be working great
The reality is Allar's play hasn't been great against FBS opponents since WVU but he can improve and hopefully will but that falls heavily on the coaching staff for not trusting him in the first 6 games
After losing to Texas, Saban benched his starter for the next game. They have been slowly improving since.

Reactions: scrivener

Trea Turner stunk too tonight. I'm sorry but this is the big time and I ain't standing up and cheering for 12-31.

If I gave money to NIL (let’s say HVU), don’t I have the right to critique the product I invested in?

If I gave money to NIL (let’s say HVU), don’t I have the right to critique the product I invested in?

Sure you do, and that’s going to be more of an issue now with NIL, but there’s a more civil way to legitimately criticize a newbie in start #7 IMO. Plus, if the end goal is to get better play, sometimes a show of support in hard times carries the day more than attacking? ;)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT