ADVERTISEMENT

Why does Hagens get a pass?

Are you guys watching the Wisky/LSU game. Wisky has a true freshman WR that looks very good. Was just a high 3 star recruit but has decent length, gets open and can actually catch a football. But then again their QB seems to actually throw the ball to him where he can catch it. I'm not trying to pin PSU's passing game woes on the QB's or the WR, although we all know the WR's aren't making many plays, but as the years go by and PSU fails to recruit/develop playmakers at WR I don't understand why we don't see players like this kid breaking out at PSU. Especially since PSU consistently out recruits Wisky year in and year out.

Could you come up with a better example than a kid with 0 tds and 4 catches for the season?

Their starting qb only had 9 tds for the year.

Add the Wisky QB and WR's to the PSU OL and defense and PSU would likely have a win over either OSU or UM, or both...... o_O
Their starting qb could not even outscore iowa, northwestern, or indiana. 9 tds for the year.

Could you come up with a better example than a kid with 0 tds and 4 catches for the season?

Their starting qb only had 9 tds for the year.
And as bad as their passing game was this season they had a true freshman WR that looked better in their bowl game than any of the WR's PSU brought in the last 2 or 3 years. Really, any WR on PSU's roster including the 2 older portal WR's PSU brought in before the season. And it Wisky, a team PSU out recruits every year.

PSU recruited and brought in a number or WR's the last 2 seasons, and even with the extra weeks of bowl game practices they still didn't make meaningful contributions in the bowl game and show that they might break out in 2024.

I'd take the freshman Wisky WR I saw in their bowl game over any WR on PSU's roster. I don't need a better example.

Don't pick on Mary. She's just navigating thoughts and feelings about the future of college football like most of us. No doubt she's a die hard fan
I really think that AK is a tremendous opportunity for Hagens. AK is a proven effective teacher of coaches. Clearly, there was much more going on here than is being revealed.
We don't need to know the details. AK has the background to bring it all under control.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT