ADVERTISEMENT

Film Study - The Wizarding World of new PSU OC Andy Kotelnicki

CaliLION79

Sep 27, 2020
KOTELNICKI FILM STUDY

See Link. First of several deep dives we plan to do on his time at Buffalo and Kansas. Lots to unpack. Too much for one video. So this is just the first course. No jinx, but there's a decent amount of overlap in the Kansas Kotelnicki/Okie State Yurcich venn diagram. We do think he has more range as a playcaller, though, than Yurcich did -- more high-percentage mad scientist to him, if that makes any sense. The Codutti Texas Tech defensive assistant anecdote about Kotelnicki was interesting/exciting/promising (he's got two 2025 kids on his team with TT offers).

Reactions: lazydave841
KOTELNICKI FILM STUDY

See Link. First of several deep dives we plan to do on his time at Buffalo and Kansas. Lots to unpack. Too much for one video. So this is just the first course. No jinx, but there's a decent amount of overlap in the Kansas Kotelnicki/Okie State Yurcich venn diagram. We do think he has more range as a playcaller, though, than Yurcich did -- more high-percentage mad scientist to him, if that makes any sense. The Codutti Texas Tech defensive assistant anecdote about Kotelnicki was interesting/exciting/promising (he's got two 2025 kids on his team with TT offers).
Love "For the Boggy".

Looks like he runs a lot of cross-buck action off of a lot of formations, that motion into some standard formations, and the play, itself, is fairly consistent. It looks complex but it isn't. The defense gets confused because of the pre-snap formaitons/motions but the plays themselves are fairly consistent.

I also love the offense off the sprint out with the WRs flooding the layers. I think Allar is an exceptional passer while running. I also like the play at 8:30 with the defense having to account for what player in ineligible as a receiver. I think Offenses often wait for the defense to settle instead of snapping it when they are not prepared.

My concerns are the complexity for the players. But the complexity is pre-snap, not post snap. He runs a lot of plays that are similar but off of different looking motions and formations. I also think back to when the Steelers and Cowboys were the best teams in the NFL. The steelers feasted because they didn't pay attention to all of the pre-snap noise and simply played the play straight up.

Reactions: lazydave841
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT