ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Seth Nevills

Don't feed the new troll.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Afw6006
I used to think you were a decent guy until I saw your latest post over on the Iowa board ... really you are stooping this low now?

minnhawkeyeHR All-American
NewHow is your new president at Penn State coming along?
He gonna cover up shit like the one before him?
Just think it is such a great place and had such sick guys running it.
So I know it has nothing to do with the wrestling however; if something
does come up gonna cover it again? JoPa and them have no one to
blame for losing his great accomplishments. Be sad if something
did come about the great Cael..I'm not pissing and whining just saying
like it is.

Why are you bringing this back up? He has apologized. Let it go.

Because, like some others, he keeps saying toxic crap about PSU on HR, and then comes here playing "nice guy". Be consistent. If you're an a-hole, be one on both places. Otherwise, you come off as disingenuous (referring to Minny).

Because, like some others, he keeps saying toxic crap about PSU on HR, and then comes here playing "nice guy". Be consistent. If you're an a-hole, be one on both places. Otherwise, you come off as disingenuous (referring to Minny).
You know why they say toxic crap like that on HR? Because Penn State fans can't just leave it alone over there. We are compelled to respond for God knows what reason. Certainly isn't because we're gonna change their minds or defend the university effectively.

Probably for the same reason we're compelled to care what they say over there. So what if he's nicer here than there? I certainly couldn't care less about their attitudes in their house -- it's THEIR house -- and for the life of me don't understand why anyone else would.

The way I see it, it may be their house but it's open to the public and lots of fans from other teams frequently read HR because its the most active wrestling forum along with BWI. As such, they may be entitled to their own opinions, but not to their own facts. I constantly see things posted and repeated that simply isn't true or casts PSU in a bad light yet may be perceived by the wrestling community as accurate because there is no push back. As such, I have no problem when someone goes over there and offers the other side of a false narrative.

The way I see it, it may be their house but it's open to the public and lots of fans from other teams frequently read HR because its the most active wrestling forum along with BWI. As such, they may be entitled to their own opinions, but not to their own facts. I constantly see things posted and repeated that simply isn't true or casts PSU in a bad light yet may be perceived by the wrestling community as accurate because there is no push back. As such, I have no problem when someone goes over there and offers the other side of a false narrative.
And this has stopped or slowed the HR Fake Facts Distribution Network by how much?

So far as I can tell, zero. If anything, it invites new trolls over there (like the "serious questions" Goofer) who know they can pick on us and we'll keep coming back like Stockholm Syndrome victims.

Reactions: Gebmo
You know why they say toxic crap like that on HR? Because Penn State fans can't just leave it alone over there. We are compelled to respond for God knows what reason. Certainly isn't because we're gonna change their minds or defend the university effectively.

Probably for the same reason we're compelled to care what they say over there. So what if he's nicer here than there? I certainly couldn't care less about their attitudes in their house -- it's THEIR house -- and for the life of me don't understand why anyone else would.
People need to keep in mind that our house is better than their house and best of all, they know it and that is not changing anytime soon. The Iowa fan's childish responses are sheer jealously. Iowa went from winning 20 out of 26 national championships, they have won 3 in the last 17 years and have finished as high as second one time in the last 7 years. Ouch! They do not like their humble pie!

Admittedly the 17 year analysis is arbitrary, but during that time, Iowa is tied for third in championships with Minnesota (3 each) behind Oklahoma State (4) and Penn State (6).

People need to keep in mind that our house is better than their house and best of all, they know it and that is not changing anytime soon. The Iowa fan's childish responses are sheer jealously. Iowa went from winning 20 out of 26 national championships, they have won 3 in the last 17 years and have finished as high as second one time in the last 7 years. Ouch! They do not like their humble pie!
What goes around will come around. People are people, and this forum would have a similar level of occasional toxicity if we were in their shoes, which we will be some day. Enjoy it, be grateful, and focus on the Penn State program, not what other's say, my advice and my opinion.

Reactions: tomsc and Gebmo
What goes around will come around. People are people, and this forum would have a similar level of occasional toxicity if we were in their shoes, which we will be some day. Enjoy it, be grateful, and focus on the Penn State program, not what other's say, my advice and my opinion.

I hope not. That place is just plain awful. No respect for other programs and wrestlers. I've been around a lot of message boards over the last 20 years and have never experienced one as terrible as HR. It's not occasional toxicity, it's constant. AZChief and others calling VT "Vag Tech", etc. Just pathetic.

I agree 100%, we have already had the experience in football and it was not pretty. Human nature, most people do not like the taste of humble pie.

Admittedly the 17 year analysis is arbitrary, but during that time, Iowa is tied for third in championships with Minnesota (3 each) behind Oklahoma State (4) and Penn State (6).
Thing is, Iowa still has an excellent wrestling program, consistent top 4 in the country. They just are not winning championships year after year.

I hope not. That place is just plain awful. No respect for other programs and wrestlers. I've been around a lot of message boards over the last 20 years and have never experienced one as terrible as HR. It's not occasional toxicity, it's constant. AZChief and others calling VT "Vag Tech", etc. Just pathetic.

I don't think that is the PLACE he is talking about. He means we won't always be winning NCAAs pretty much every year like we are now and like Iowa was under Gable.

It's my opinion that your "toxicity, it's constant" statement is unfair. My second favorite wrestling forum is HR. I'm smart enough to ignore all the stuff that should be ignored, to see (and read) a lot of really good stuff from a knowledgeable fan base. It's a cup-half-full vs a cup-half-empty mentality...if all you're looking for is negativity, that's all you'll see.

TheMat is far more toxic, to the point that it is not worth my time. If HR is as bad, in your eyes, as you say, I would avoid it. Easy enough.

My post above was not an indictment of our fans, it's an observation about every fan base over decades of my interest in sports. Fickle is a word that comes to mind. We're euphoric right now, it can be felt in the current tone and mood of the posts from this little community. I say, good for us...enjoy it, be grateful, thankful, and appreciative.

Those that know me, know I'm a big fan of our fans. In the end, though, when we're no longer winning championships (it will happen) I can see (as with football, as someone else noted) a vocal minority being just as bad as the negative vocal minority at HR.

It's my opinion that your "toxicity, it's constant" statement is unfair. My second favorite wrestling forum is HR. I'm smart enough to ignore all the stuff that should be ignored, to see (and read) a lot of really good stuff from a knowledgeable fan base. It's a cup-half-full vs a cup-half-empty mentality...if all you're looking for is negativity, that's all you'll see.

TheMat is far more toxic, to the point that it is not worth my time. If HR is as bad, in your eyes, as you say, I would avoid it. Easy enough.

My post above was not an indictment of our fans, it's an observation about every fan base over decades of my interest in sports. Fickle is a word that comes to mind. We're euphoric right now, it can be felt in the current tone and mood of the posts from this little community. I say, good for us...enjoy it, be grateful, thankful, and appreciative.

Those that know me, know I'm a big fan of our fans. In the end, though, when we're no longer winning championships (it will happen) I can see (as with football, as someone else noted) a vocal minority being just as bad as the negative vocal minority at HR.
I see signs of this already coming to fruition even while we are winning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT