ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling CORRECTED*** Penn State Announces Journeymen Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSauertiegPSU

Staff
Oct 9, 2013
***CORRECTION*** I’ve since confirmed that PSU will be sending a full roster, and that the initial reporting here is incorrect.

Carry on…

From Kaleb Boyer of The Daily Collegian

Per Penn State these wrestlers are slated to play in the Journeymen Collegiate Classic this Sunday,

125: Gary Steen and Braeden Davis
133: Baylor Shunk and Sean Wang
141: David Evans and Tyler Kasak
149: Connor Pierce
165: Mitchell Mesenbrink, Terrell Barraclough, and Matt Lee
174: Aurelius Dunbar
184: Donovon Ball and Josh Barr
197: Lucas Cochran

So no starters in Bethlehem on Sunday sans potentially Mesenbrink. A chance to see a good amount of freshmen and backups.

Names are subject to change prior to 9AM Sunday but I wouldn’t expect any additions.

I will note, I did not get any sort of press release on this and do not see one on the website. So I’m a little confused as to where this info is coming from.

Last edited:
That's a bummer--and isn't that NOT what Cael said, even yesterday? I knew Nagao was out, but it sounded like the other starters were a go.

From Kaleb Boyer of The Daily Collegian

Per Penn State these wrestlers are slated to play in the Journeymen Collegiate Classic this Sunday,

125: Gary Steen and Braeden Davis
133: Baylor Shunk and Sean Wang
141: David Evans and Tyler Kasak
149: Connor Pierce
165: Mitchell Mesenbrink, Terrell Barraclough, and Matt Lee
174: Aurelius Dunbar
184: Donovon Ball and Josh Barr
197: Lucas Cochran

So no starters in Bethlehem on Sunday sans potentially Mesenbrink. A chance to see a good amount of freshmen and backups.

Names are subject to change prior to 9AM Sunday but I wouldn’t expect any additions.

I will note, I did not get any sort of press release on this and do not see one on the website. So I’m a little confused as to where this info is coming from.
Potential Kasak/Cornella rematch, plus MM vs. Ramirez possibility.

I'm confused, as this seems to contradict the match notes for Sunday:

Particularly:

"Penn State will have a full roster of competitors at the event on Sunday, with the following also listed as possible participants: Gary Steen and Braeden Davis at 125; Baylor Shunk and Sean Wang at 133; David Evans and Tyler Kasak at 141; Connor Pierce at 149; freshman transfer Mitchell Mesenbrink, Terrell Barraclough and Matt Lee at 165; Aurelius Dunbar at 174; Donovon Ball and Josh Barr at 184; and Lucas Cochran at 197. Penn State's final entrants will be official the morning of the event and are subject to change."

So the list posted by the Daily Collegian seems to include only the wrestlers listed as additional "possible participants" in the "official" notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT