ADVERTISEMENT

TV Alert PSU at Illinois on BTN tonight at 7. Another winnable game if they

Illinois is not going away. 30-28, Illini, with 4:30 to go in the 1st half.

We are giving up a ton of offensive rebounds tonight. With foul trouble on Watkins and Reaves , we could be in big trouble.

Would be nice if some guys boxed out on the defensive glass in the second half.

Luckily we have the lead... I would not like to hear Chambers in that locker room right now

9 total rebounds in the first half.. that is atrocious. But up 1 on the road with Reaves and Watkins on the bench most of the first half feels like a steal.

Would be nice if some guys boxed out on the defensive glass in the second half.

It would also be nice if they could get a little more aggressive on the offensive glass. If Watkins and Reaves can stay out of foul trouble and stay on the floor, that should make a difference in rebounding.

It would also be nice if they could get a little more aggressive on the offensive glass. If Watkins and Reaves can stay out of foul trouble and stay on the floor, that should make a difference in rebounding.
. True but even those two get the majority of their rebounds due to their athleticism. Too mnay guys watch the shot go up and dont look to get a body.

Reactions: bdgan
Illinois does run good sets on offense (maybe take some note Pat) but not quite the players yet. Their freshmen will be solid players for them though.

Up by 5 at 16. Playing very sloppy.
Up by 10 at about 12. Now finish this.
Now 14 at 9 good guys.
Up by 17 with 3 to play.
There it is. Final 74 - 52. Just keep it going.

Last edited:
These refs are letting a lot of contact go. Stevens got clobbered when he made the shot a minute ago.

The bench players are playing fairly well today. Bostick looks composed out there and is distributing the ball well. Reeves having a bit of trouble because of the fouls.

Reactions: PaoliLion
Penn State looking a lot better in the second half including doing a better job rebounding at both ends of the court. They lead by 16, 58-42 with 8:40 remaining.

They just showed the b1g standings. I don't pay much attention to what is going on in the conference outside of Penn State, so I was shocked to see nebraska with a 10-4 conference record. How did that happen?

I feel bad for the Illinois coach. They run lots of good stuff on offense, have had tons of cuts that were open, dribble handoffs for nice midrange and their guys move without the ball. But only about 2 of them can shoot.

Reactions: Victor E. Bell
Instead of blowing smoke, name them please. I'll do it for you because it's probably hard work for you: There's been one. Northwestern 2015-16. They had zero Top 40 wins, and were 117th in RPI. That's the only one since we've gone to the 18 conference game format. Even if we go 1-4, Our RPI will be 20-25 spots higher than that our our metrics (BPI, KenPom, etc..), which committees can and do use, will be somewhere around 50th.

Below .500 in Conference Big Ten NIT Bids (RPI in parenthesis)

2017 - Illinois 8-10 (61), Indiana 7-11 (82)
2014 - Minnesota 8-10 (34), Illinois 7-11 (61)
2012 - Northwestern 8-10 (56), Iowa 8-10 (125!!), Minnesota 6-12 !!! (61)
2011 - Northwestern 7-11 (78)
2010 - Northwestern 7-11 (114)
2009 - Northwestern 8-10 (78)
2008 - Minnesota 8-10 (107)

and before we were playing 18 conference games:

2006 - Penn State 6-10 (118), Minnesota 5-11 (83)

"Many" teams left out. What a joke. ONE has, and multiple 7-11 teams have gotten in, two 6 win teams (us once), AND a 5-11 MINNESOTA!!

If you seriously think we need two wins to get into the NIT, have your wife wear an "I'm With Stupid" t-shirt for the rest of your life.
You may not be aware, but the NCAA baught the NIT just a handful of years ago. The criteria changed - it used to be that a .500 overall record from a P5 conf made you a lock for the NIT. That is no longer the case, ever since it was acquired. 2006 PSU would not have made the "new" NIT

Point of trivia: It's great to see Illinois in the traditional uniforms, similar to the ones worn by the 1989 Final Four team.

a1232ddbacc63da4f965bcad012f73ef.jpg

A main difference is they had the Chief logo on the side of the shorts back in '89. Now it's the Block I.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT