ADVERTISEMENT

Souther Scuffle Day 2 Official Thread

Nickal is 4 for 4 with pins. He didn't appreciate Nolf breaking the PSU pin record before him and is trying to catch up.

If he pins in the finals, it would likely be the first time it has happened at the Scuffle. Very rare for any major tournament in any case.

A lot of people think the sky is falling because we don't have a finalist at 149lbs. You're forgetting Teasdale and Joe Lee. We'll be fine.

Remember when everyone said old Noodle Arms wouldn't be able to do what he did at 184 at 197? He looks exactly the same at 197.
Just checking, jrd…"a lot of people", and "everyone" just isn't true. Doubt too many at all are in sky-is-falling mode, unless one is not just glass-half-empty, but glass-dry-as-a-bone. And I didn't hear one single PSU fan say anything about ol' noodle arms being any less a BP guy at 197. Maybe you meant non-Penn Staters?

Reactions: Ja1339
Nevills and White should be a good one. If Nevills wins does Cael let 157 and HWT go in the finals?

I was wondering the same. you have scenarios where why injure any wrestler but the only other reason is at HWT, assume Nevills wins, would you want to cause more speculation about HWT going forward.

should be interested come finals

I think we need to enjoy this season as much as we possibly can.

I do not see Teske, Teasdale, Berge, Verkleeren, Manville, and Seth Nevills as pieces of a championship team.

RBY and Brooks will be studs. Beard...I have no idea.

I realize this is an extremely pessimistic post and people will talk about other teams waiting for Ruth and Taylor to graduate only to be met with the likes of Retherford, Nolf, and Nickal. I just don't know if I have confidence in lightning striking a third time.

In Cael we trust I suppose.
This is a Bizarro HR post. Bnicolls and crew would be ticketing 160 points for next year’s team.

To quote Aaron Rodgers - Relax

What was BoN's time?

I am a tough guy on my computer...I beat the crap out of it all the time, especially on days like this when I cant even get the audio feed.
Have separate budget just for computer repairs

Just checking, jrd…"a lot of people", and "everyone" just isn't true. Doubt too many at all are in sky-is-falling mode, unless one is not just glass-half-empty, but glass-dry-as-a-bone. And I didn't hear one single PSU fan say anything about ol' noodle arms being any less a BP guy at 197. Maybe you meant non-Penn Staters?

Yes, I did mean non-PSU fans. When Bo announced he was moving I saw a lot of chatter around various forums that Bo would have a lot more close matches at 197lbs and wouldn't be able to be one of the most exciting guys in college wrestling against guys at a bigger weight. He looks exactly the same as he did at 184lbs. I think it was more wishful thinking than anything.

I was generalizing when I said everybody, though. I meant the few in year who seem to be down on us since 149lbs didn't produce a finalist today.

Reactions: Knep
Cassar v Voss (George Mason)
  • Cassar snatches a knee and Voss goes straight down
  • Cassar lets him up, 2-1
  • Cassar hits a double, then lets him up, 4-2
  • Voss tries for a leg but the faster Cassar goes behind, Voss now up, 6-3
  • Cassar with another double, nice D though by Voss, who splits (ow)... but Cassar readjusts, gets the two and runs out the clock, 8-3 with 1:15 RT
Second
  • Voss takes down
  • Cassar content to ride, gets RT up to 1:54 before letting Voss up with a minute plus left
  • Cassar gets an ankle and works to convert; the heavier Voss with nice D, gets a stalemate. 8-4
  • Cassar with another double and no fight this time, period ends, 10-4 with RT locked
Third
  • Neutral
  • Voss gets to the ankles and catches a surprised Cassar. Releases, 11-6
  • Cassar with yet another double, 13-6
  • Cassar rides out, 14-6, gets the major

Didn't see how White's points came but I'm guessing a first period takedown and rideout, followed by a second period wire-to-wire rideout. White is good but anyone looking for mystery about who should be starting at HWT will be disappointed, in all likelihood.

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT