ADVERTISEMENT

Shots fired by crybaby Manning

True but the whole back and forth is about those who do not meet that criteria. Then you go to the next set of criteria, and my point is do we exclude those who wrestled for four months but missed the tourney even though they qualified based on the overall criteria? The answer is clearly no. We want our best to represent the sport in the limelight. Can you imagine the black eye the sport would rightfully receive if Carter was excluded from participating even though he was a 3 timer going for 4? It would make me seriously question whether TPTB really had the best interests of the sport in mind.
Starocci's decision tree would look a lot different if he would lose his spot at nationals by defaulting out without winning a match. Instead, he would have to prove that he was at least healthy enough to beat Andrew Sparks at B1Gs in order to be included at NCAAs. If those were the rules this year, he would have annihilated Sparks then MFF'd to 6th, and he'd still be in. If he was not healthy enough to beat Sparks (or go at all) in B1Gs, then Barraclough likely would have taken his place, and the people like Manning would have a point that he's screwing others by defaulting out of his two matches. We'll see whether he goes this weekend or not, but at this point, I don't think that's the case at all. My belief is that his actions were 100% precautionary and he could have easily won the first match a little dinged up if required to.

Here we go

Psst.......It's a line from a movie.

200.gif

Did I see somewhere that DC stated Carter was originally seeded seventh and then adjusted down to nine?

Did I see somewhere that DC stated Carter was originally seeded seventh and then adjusted down to nine?
7th would've been more fair. He should've been put into the 2/3 side of the bracket so 6, 7, 14 or 15.

Hopefully they just tweak the system to where they have a qualified seeding committee empowered and encouraged to make adjustments to be fair to the entire bracket.
The system was intended to punish the Starocci's in this scenario but it didn't happen that way.
According to Cormier, the pre-seeds had Carter at 7 which would've reasonable to all parties.

Then the empowered committee adjusted to the garbage we saw.

IMO the seeding criteria have issues and need to be re-thought. Some criteria should be eliminated. Others should be re-weighted. All of them should have proportional points splits, not the winner-takes-all approach (or massive split for Quality Wins) that distorts the grades.

The reason for those splits is to avoid ties -- and the easy solution is to not grade on 100 points. Grade on 99 or 101 points. Problem solved.

Or just hand the seeding to Willie.

Or just hand the seeding to Willie.
Good God NO. Willie wanted to invite the #34 wrestler at 174 this year and leave Carter at home. It have been more equitable I guess for Willie. Just so happened to be a Nebby wrestler. Willie, just like all of us has a bias that we cannot see in ourselves . I’m happy with what we have with possibly some tweaking as discussed.

I am starting to get the hint of the scent of something bad today.

Rotten fish? No
Old socks? No
A skunk? No
Garbage in the hot sun? No

What's left, a cesspool?

Heaven forbid, get a friggin grip on yourselves.

Good God NO. Willie wanted to invite the #34 wrestler at 174 this year and leave Carter at home. It have been more equitable I guess for Willie. Just so happened to be a Nebby wrestler. Willie, just like all of us has a bias that we cannot see in ourselves . I’m happy with what we have with possibly some tweaking as discussed.
did you make this up in your head?

because that's certainly not what i said, what i 'wanted to do' or what i would have done.

you can be upset with me for saying i think your fan base could act more appropriately without making things up.

because that's certainly not what i said, what i 'wanted to do' or what i would have done.

you can be upset with me for saying i think your fan base could act more appropriately without making things up.
Willie,
We villagers have already lit the torches and you better run up that tower. We're coming!

giphy.gif

I just got done watching the replay. It looked like he was pushing his socks down instead of pulling them up. He needs to try the biting your own lip next time. Or faking the lost contact lens.

Reactions: Nitlion1986
I caught myself pulling my socks up at work and thinking I was JB. So I blew some kisses to my salesmen, you guessed it, off to HR and some booing!!
This is my new go-to when my girlfriend asks me to do some mundane task: I take a knee and roll up my socks real slowly. Unfortunately she was with me during the entire Event and now she docks me a point every time and pushes my head down when I'm working on the car 😂

I just got done watching the replay. It looked like he was pushing his socks down instead of pulling them up. He needs to try the biting your own lip next time. Or faking the lost contact lens.
Or just get a copy of Imar against Jason and run that thing on a continuous loop.

I'm past it all Willie. So should you. Peace.

Does anyone think Ryan's accident was to gain a sympathy vote so that Manning wins this contest? I mean, Ryan's been known to go to great lengths to win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT