ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - NW Match Thread

Exactly ... some Hawk fans thought it might be close (as did a few PSU fans predicting 6-2 ish) but most just laughed at theNW homer)
Sheepishly admit I thought Nolf would win by six. At least I got the first period right. So there’s that.

Reactions: danoftw
It's not for you to understand and they are obsessed with us. Far more posts about us on their board than this board about them. They're still talking about Teasdale. I'm sure Ironbird has it all figured out by know how we're cheating.
The problem is you have instigators and irrational posters on each board. This turns good wrestling discussions into thread after thread of name calling, delusional opinions, and repeating sarcastic comments over and over. As an Iowa fan, it’s easy to get defensive because the results on the mat have gone Penn State’s way for almost a decade. I have done it myself and posted things out of emotion instead of just ignoring comments. If the rational posters on each board ignored the delusional and irrational posters then maybe it could be just about the wrestling. Probably never happen but one can hope.

Not sure if this has been asked, but I’m going to believe that should Jason and Deakin meet again, and they probably will, Jason will take down again.

Even though he earned 3 points on bottom, it won’t sit well with him.

The real question is....Whatever happened to Johnny Sebastian? Is it just me, or do wrestlers seem to wilt at NW?

Destroyed his shoulder 3 years ago. It's basically no good now. He's a stud IMO to even wrestle the level he's at!

We lost Sebastian, Micic, Brill to injury/transfer under the last regime. Cut us some slack, we're on the way up!

Enjoyed watching Caels boys wrestle, as always.

Not sure if this has been asked, but I’m going to believe that should Jason and Deakin meet again, and they probably will, Jason will take down again.

Even though he earned 3 points on bottom, it won’t sit well with him.
Casey said as much in his post-match interview (see post 214). I suspect that’s one of the reasons Nolf’s so good - he’s never satisfied.

Reactions: diggerpup
Destroyed his shoulder 3 years ago. It's basically no good now. He's a stud IMO to even wrestle the level he's at!

We lost Sebastian, Micic, Brill to injury/transfer under the last regime. Cut us some slack, we're on the way up!

Enjoyed watching Caels boys wrestle, as always.
and Tshirts

Reactions: Dogwelder
The problem is you have instigators and irrational posters on each board. This turns good wrestling discussions into thread after thread of name calling, delusional opinions, and repeating sarcastic comments over and over. As an Iowa fan, it’s easy to get defensive because the results on the mat have gone Penn State’s way for almost a decade. I have done it myself and posted things out of emotion instead of just ignoring comments. If the rational posters on each board ignored the delusional and irrational posters then maybe it could be just about the wrestling. Probably never happen but one can hope.
Or maybe if the Sandusky,PED's, cheating, and slush fund bullsh#t wasn't allowed it be a much better environment. The banter is great, the bullsh#t gets old.

Also, maybe we’re tired of Hackeyes coming here to thumb their noses at us and complain about how we go about things. The last time I checked, there already was a board for Iowa fans. And yeah, we know our team is damn good, but contrary to what you might think, it’s not always super entertaining to watch dudes stall their way to only losing by major. So we make our own fun.

and Tshirts

How cool would our lineup be if we still had all

Well he never actually set foot on campus. There's another whole list of flips!

Reenan, Beard, Karoly (not really a flip, couldn't get in), Cassioppi, etc. But looking to next year, we have Rivera, Deakin, Thomas (at the right weight), and Davison who could win a title/place high with guys like Valdiviez, Morland, Jessen who can get us some valuable points.

That's the formula a program like ours uses to win a team troohy. We're excited about that!

Maybe we can start a wrestling baord for all sane minded people .I agree with everything you just said for me I ignore the bullshit and talk wrestling with the ones who want to talk wrestling

On HR... Sandusky posts are disturbing and irrelevant to wrestling, cheating posts get tiresome, but the slushfund is entertaining banter on the cesspool.

Also, care to tell me a little about your wrestling background? I'm interested.

Started wrestling in open tourneys at 5. Joined the local mat club and wrestled until they cut our varsity program due to lack of numbers. However, I must have missed the charter that stated fandom is only reserved to former participants. Guess I wasted the last 15 years of my life rooting for the Hershey Bears...

How cool would our lineup be if we still had all

Well he never actually set foot on campus. There's another whole list of flips!

Reenan, Beard, Karoly (not really a flip, couldn't get in), Cassioppi, etc. But looking to next year, we have Rivera, Deakin, Thomas (at the right weight), and Davison who could win a title/place high with guys like Valdiviez, Morland, Jessen who can get us some valuable points.

That's the formula a program like ours uses to win a team troohy. We're excited about that!
Definitely heading in the right direction.

Reactions: BuckeyeintheChi
Casey said as much in his post-match interview (see post 214). I suspect that’s one of the reasons Nolf’s so good - he’s never satisfied.
I didn’t see Jason for a long time after his match, and when he emerged later he looked like he may have tested himself with a 30 minute workout as a cool down.

Last edited:
I assume he was the analyst? The PBP guy was uttlerly clueless but hilarious. The analyst seemed to know what he was talking about but was set up terribly

I think so.

Also... Freshman.

And still has Robbie Smith in the room to throw him off the ceiling if he gets outta line on the commentary. I imagine that fact might color ones opinions LOL!!!

Btw, you guys are cool. The Hawk board is embarrassing. Thanks for letting me in the convo!

I assume he was the analyst? The PBP guy was uttlerly clueless but hilarious. The analyst seemed to know what he was talking about but was set up terribly

Which, in all fairness, is a lot of how these BTN+ broadcasts go. They’re mostly college kids just trying to get that degree, constructive criticism won’t kill em. Both these kids were still an upgrade from TJ and Jim Gibbons.

Or maybe if the Sandusky,PED's, cheating, and slush fund bullsh#t wasn't allowed it be a much better environment. The banter is great, the bullsh#t gets old.
The posters who constantly bring up Sandusky and call you guys Ped St should be banned permanently and the moderators should delete and/or lock those threads immediately. The PED, cheating, and slush fund accusations get old too but that’s where I would just ignore it. Until an investigation turns up evidence of any wrongdoing, all those posts are just sour grapes. I choose to ignore the posters on BWI who constantly bash on the Brands brothers because they are very animated. I am all for banter and even a little grandstanding. What bothers me the most, are posters who can’t give credit to an opposing wrestler. They would rather try to diminish the performance or make excuses for their guy. All these kids work their ass off and deserve to be congratulated whether they wrestle for Iowa or Penn St or whoever else.

Started wrestling in open tourneys at 5. Joined the local mat club and wrestled until they cut our varsity program due to lack of numbers. However, I must have missed the charter that stated fandom is only reserved to former participants. Guess I wasted the last 15 years of my life rooting for the Hershey Bears...

I never said you had to be a former participant to be a fan, you made that assumption, and were wrong. I just wanted to know whom I was speaking with.

Both boards deliver some good info and have great posters; Iachief on HR, I personally like Lemonpie and Crop on here.
Each has their characters but lately it seems like both forums are mostly junk. It's sad.

Again, you guys have won the last 7 of 8, I just don't understand the little brother mentality most of you seem to have, bringing up Iowa every single chance you get. You can disagree, that's fine. It is what it is

Reactions: dsites52
I didn’t see Jason for a long time after his match, and when emerged later he looked like he may have tested himself with a 30 minute workout as a cool down.
Jason lost for the first time in high school to Ryan Diehl in the 2012 state semifinals. I believe the score was 6-4. The next time the two met it was a different story: .
His work ethic and intensity were extraordinary even as a high schooler.

I never said you had to be a former participant to be a fan, you made that assumption, and were wrong. I just wanted to know whom I was speaking with.

Both boards deliver some good info and have great posters; Iachief on HR, I personally like Lemonpie and Crop on here.
Each has their characters but lately it seems like both forums are mostly junk. It's sad.

Again, you guys have won the last 7 of 8, I just don't understand the little brother mentality most of you seem to have, bringing up Iowa every single chance you get. You can disagree, that's fine. It is what it is

I couldn’t tell ya. I don’t have near the malice as some around here. I guess winning doesn’t look good on everyone.

Reactions: Cementmixer103
Zahid nods his head in agreement ....
tenor.gif

Reactions: amalone and danoftw
people conflate too much iowa with the HR with respect to the back and forth of the interwebs.... if college zero had a site like HR and Iowa had a site like 34 and stalled.....there wouldnt be all this back and forth with "iowa" and it would be with college zero.

its that simple.

I gave you a "like" for upgrading the board vocabulary. ;)

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Yeah, most of it. They haven't won the last 7 of 8 though, so I understand their bitching. You guys should act like you've been there before. But I'm guessing the majority of this boards' most active members never wrestled so,whatever.

I'm gonna stay away from all the boards. Just felt the need to chime in tonight. It sucks when you want to follow a PbP and see scores but it's pages of bashing other teams and the same 3 or 4 "inside" jokes for 4 years now. Only a handful of knowledgeable posters left on both sites combined, now a days, anyway.

Take care. I'd tell you that your team looked good, but they always do.
I thought maybe the majority did wrestle at some point. I haven't meet many people that didn't wrestle and wanted to talk about it. I don't know and it doesn't really matter if someone wrestled or not.Just so you know who you're talking to though, I'm an18 time world champion in folk,free, greco, and that slapping stuff they do in India so I'm cleared to post.

I thought maybe the majority did wrestle at some point. I haven't meet many people that didn't wrestle and wanted to talk about it. I don't know and it doesn't really matter if someone wrestled or not.Just so you know who you're talking to though, I'm an18 time world champion in folk,free, greco, and that slapping stuff they do in India so I'm cleared to post.

You argue like my girlfriends. You ignored the rest of my post, ignored my response to Dspites52 and responded with sarcasam instead of any sound argument or logic.

What's funny is you're always over on HR posting. Don't know how you guys do this everyday and God forbid someone has a difference of opinion. Must be nice being right about everything all the time. Dick.

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT