ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State vs. Kentucky, Citrus Bowl, Jan 1st 1pm, ABC

CJF from Hyatt Regency in Orlando - Tommy Stevens unavailable for Citrus Bowl after having surgery

Super. The bowl game is a step back, it's not a NY6 bowl game. Through a quirky end of season, a Top 12 rating at the end of the season doesn't result in a NY 6 bowl berth, which is rare.

When the bowl game is over, if we win, we will finish in the Top 10 with the ink drying on a Top 4 recruiting class based on average ranking. You focus on meaningless minutiae, I'll look at the big picture. Now you go on ignore as a troll.

Again, your second paragraph has nothing to do with the discussion of motivation for the bowl game. The recruiting class is great but not the discussion. The accurate comment was "this is a step back" Fiesta and Rose >>>>>>>>>> Citrus.

This was a disappointing season. The future is still bright.

Again, your second paragraph has nothing to do with the discussion of motivation for the bowl game. The recruiting class is great but not the discussion. The accurate comment was "this is a step back" Fiesta and Rose >>>>>>>>>> Citrus.

Was your former username 78sweetrevenge?

"When the bowl game is over, if we win, we will finish in the Top 10 with the ink drying on a Top 4 recruiting class based on average ranking. You focus on meaningless minutiae, I'll look at the big picture. Now you go on ignore as a troll."

LOL - "if you are not a cheerleader and can't say only positive things about our players and coaches 100% of the time, I will put you on ignore".

This from the guy who disappeared from the board for the most part after we lost our second game of the year.

Reactions: marshall23
Maybe your topic is. The topic I was responding to was whether or not this season was a step back.

tumblr_m7p7728jKy1qjxl1no2_500.gif

If we win, we will finish in the Top 10 again. What a horrible step back for the program. Not sure how they will recover.

iu

A win doesn't guarantee a top 10 finish. We're playing a lower ranked opponent so we have to hope the teams ranked above us lose.

PSU is 13th in the AP poll and 12th in the coaches poll. IMO the only teams we can pass are Washington, Florida, LSU, and Washington State (AP). It isn't going to be fun rooting for OSU & Michigan.

Iowa State > LSU
Michigan > Florida
UCF > LSU
OSU > Washington

c'mon now...all of our kids are perfect, our coach is perfect, our program is perfect, we will win all of our games, we will be 112% motivated, and every year is better than the year before.

giphy.gif

Soooooooooo, which "wise man" is you in your picture?

Follow the thread. Read the comments and see the origin of them. There's about 5 posts explaining the original comment which was mine. Or don't read through it. I really don't care.

There is a discussion of it being a step back or not being a step back. I responded to that discussion and you said the topic was “motivation for the bowl game.” I told you I was discussing something else with others and you responded with a dude shaking his head. It still doesn’t make sense.

There is a discussion of it being a step back or not being a step back. I responded to that discussion and you said the topic was “motivation for the bowl game.” I told you I was discussing something else with others and you responded with a dude shaking his head. It still doesn’t make sense.

Please tell me you're joking. The comment you replied to was responding to my post. Therefore, you need to comprehend the original comment because no one is actually discussing "this year". It was someone, like you, that failed to read and comprehend the actual point.

Regardless of any spin. The Citrus Bowl is a step back from the Fiesta and the Rose bowl. There's no debate on that.

Who says we have little motivation? We have no ideas what our guys are feeling.
Certainly I don't. I forgot that this message board was 100% fact based. What I meant was that all of the extra motivation (not just playing for pride, a better season or the seniors) is on the side of KY. We seem to have more negatives - no NY6 bowl, wanted a better record, not a big name opponent, etc. Often times these end up as traps.

Please tell me you're joking. The comment you replied to was responding to my post. Therefore, you need to comprehend the original comment because no one is actually discussing "this year". It was someone, like you, that failed to read and comprehend the actual point.

Regardless of any spin. The Citrus Bowl is a step back from the Fiesta and the Rose bowl. There's no debate on that.

I was responding to whether or not this season is a step back. A win and I think it’s on par with the last few, regardless of which Bowl game is played. A difference of opinion I suppose.

Last edited:
Sadly perspective to the out side world is if we lose its a big win for Kentucky, if we win on its just a win over a semi good Kentucky and if we blow them out oh Kentucky just was not that good.

Pretty much. That will be the perception because of the tradition of the programs. It's basically playing UCF/G5 in a NY6 game. It's a no win situation.

Of course 2010 is 78sweetrevenge. Same agenda, knows everything and tries to sound like a PSU fan but always throws a dig in . He's been removed from the board under several different aliases. No other board will take him so he's back here arguing about a game that's " meaningless" according to him

Pretty much. That will be the perception because of the tradition of the programs. It's basically playing UCF/G5 in a NY6 game. It's a no win situation.

We shouldn’t even play it. Come to think of it, no sense in playing most of the schedule. Let’s just play Michigan and Ohio State and get on with things.

Judge (or anyone else): In answering the question about players not making the trip, James said only Stevens and the transfers aren’t there. Is it fair to expect that the Windsor suspension rumor is false?

We shouldn’t even play it. Come to think of it, no sense in playing most of the schedule. Let’s just play Michigan and Ohio State and get on with things.
Good Lord.....you are right....what a fool I am to spend about 4k to bring my family down to Orlando for this meaningless game.

Good Lord.....you are right....what a fool I am to spend about 4k to bring my family down to Orlando for this meaningless game.

You must be stupid. It’s a meaningless game. This team has taken a step backwards this season and you are going to subject your entire family to this abomination? Embarrassing.

You must be stupid. It’s a meaningless game. This team has taken a step backwards this season and you are going to subject your entire family to this abomination? Embarrassing.
Stupid, clueless and easily duped. Only a fool would find anything positive to cheer for in this team. LOL

Reactions: Connorpozlee
Was that sarcasm? Or did you eat some bad food? Remember to refrigerate those Christmas leftovers.

**edit, my sarcasm meter probably needs a tuneup

Again was this quote wrong?

Sadly perspective to the out side world is if we lose its a big win for Kentucky, if we win on its just a win over a semi good Kentucky and if we blow them out oh Kentucky just was not that good.

Of course it isn't. That will be that national perception of the game. Why is acknowledging that a problem?

I believe it's a waste of money but if you and your family are looking forward to it that's great. You can spend your money on whatever make you and your's happy. Not sure why my opinion that this game has no meaning bothers you or others. The game truly has no meaning. Maybe the fact you can't actual argue that is what bothers you? Just a thought

Was that sarcasm? Or did you eat some bad food? Remember to refrigerate those Christmas leftovers.

**edit, my sarcasm meter probably needs a tuneup

You got it royboy.
That said, I have eaten some really good food but I have hit my limit. Enough with the cookies sitting around already. Too good to just walk by, especially when I am in a deep depression over this backwards-reeling football program.

Reactions: royboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT