ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State vs. Iowa Dual

I think KemDawg will do well, but what have we seen to believe he's better than JoJo? I could have missed it. Not only would Kem need to be better than JoJo to compete, but Much better. I agree about Zain as well.

You are absolutely right that I have no Clear visual evidence that he will be 2nd only to Nolf. Just my observations about the type of talent he has shown in his matches. I do think he may lose a few close matches throughout the season but after a year of seasoning he will be a tough out in the Tourney. I think He and Jo Jo are as talented but in the tourney at end of season I choose Kemdog due to Gastank difference. I of coarse could be Wrong......but at moment I feel saucy about his competitive nature.

Edit- I just refreshed my memory about 157 and with Imart moving up outside of a healthy Murphy, I really only can see Polacio and Jojo pushing him for 2nd in the weight class. Unless I am missing someone?

A few other guys who could give Kemerer some trouble: Minotti, Blees, maybe Lavallee. Matthews and Brill if healthy. Berger. Early.

I think Kemerer reaches the podium but am not nearly ready to put him in the 157 finals after a good 149 shirt year.

A few other guys who could give Kemerer some trouble: Minotti, Blees, maybe Lavallee. Matthews and Brill if healthy. Berger. Early.

I think Kemerer reaches the podium but am not nearly ready to put him in the 157 finals after a good 149 shirt year.

A lot of ifs but if he gets in the top 4, I'll be happy. Will wait until after Midlands to make an educated opinion. Since he was in season last year, it was pretty much understood he was going up. Also, Stroker would be the one at 57...or somebody else. Fredy has had a tough time with the cut to 49 from what I hear. Guessing LE would be at 65. Fredy has given Kemerer some tough matches.

A lot of ifs but if he gets in the top 4, I'll be happy. Will wait until after Midlands to make an educated opinion. Since he was in season last year, it was pretty much understood he was going up. Also, Stroker would be the one at 57...or somebody else. Fredy has had a tough time with the cut to 49 from what I hear. Guessing LE would be at 65. Fredy has given Kemerer some tough matches.
Wait until Midlands? What kind of message board is this? Seriously, 4-6 was around the range I was thinking as well, provided he makes a smooth transition to 157.

I think a number of guys could beat him, but he'll likely be more upset-proof than many of them. In March, survive and advance.

Wait until Midlands? What kind of message board is this? Seriously, 4-6 was around the range I was thinking as well, provided he makes a smooth transition to 157.

I think a number of guys could beat him, but he'll likely be more upset-proof than many of them. In March, survive and advance.

If your counting on stroker better take a chill pill and relax

It was actually only 5 and of those 5 matches the highest seeded wrestler he faced was the 9th seed Rogers. Meyer faced the 4,6,7,8 and 9th seeded wrestlers in the consolations.

Interesting perspective. So in your mind, Meyer's 8th place finish was more challenging then Bo Nickal's runner-up.

Iowa fans should be excited about young Kemerer. 23-2 as a RS, with Majors over Kocer, Moreno, and Martinez, and a Decision (3-0) over Stroker. 157 cleared out some, with Brascetta, Miller and Gantt moving on, and IMar moving up. Finals are possible, top-4 certainly not out of the question.

Reactions: Azchief32
Interesting perspective. So in your mind, Meyer's 8th place finish was more challenging then Bo Nickal's runner-up.

Not a perspective at all, just stating facts and in my mind Nickal was the runner up and Meyer was 8th, each was challenging in its own way. You were saying that all of his matches came in consolations as opposed to Nickal's which came in the championship bracket and implying that Meyer faced much lesser competition. The way the 74 bracket played out last year was very very unusual and Meyer wrestled 5 guys in the consolations seeded at or above the highest seed that Nickal faced on the championship side. That's all.

I thought Iowa was losing their bark. With the help of Pa. grapplers they will remain in the hunt.

Exactly, the reason for this wild optimism is Hawk fans holding out Wild hopes because they NEED those big pts at 157 and 174 to compete with PSU at Nationals because of 141, 197 concerns. Also, some of these guys think because of the Young Guns connection they are equal, it doesn't work like that! I personally saw Vincenzo Joseph physically dominate KemDawg in high school and it was a big reason in determining the weight KemDawg wrestled senior year in high school at PIAAs. KemDawg<Cenzo<Nolf.
That's some top of the line smack youre slingin over on HR (Tomesello thread). You had me Rollin'....

Reactions: jschrantz
One of the big variables mentioned here, as in prior years, is Jimmy Gulibon. Any rumors on him recently? I have dreams of him seeing that he hasn't reached his full potential and going crazy working out this summer and becoming a force.

Reactions: PAWRESTLINGFAN1
I have been asking similar questions about Jimmy all summer. I live a couple towns over from Derry and know friends and family members of his. I was hoping to see him participate in off season tournaments (freestyle) but he didn't participate. My hope is that he is training and hitting the weights hard this summer. Would LOVE to see him have an extremely successful senior year! He can beat anyone in his weight class and he showed that by beating Micah last year and giving Dean Heil a hard fought / close match.

Iowa dec. 3-0
Iowa dec. 6-0
PSU dec. 6-3
PSU MD 6-7
PSU MD 6-11
PSU dec. 6-14
PSU dec. 6-17
Iowa dec. 9-17
PSU dec. 9-20
Iowa dec. 12-20

I could easily see Iowa stealing 141 at home, or it could get very ugly with PSU winning at 184 and 285 making it a blood bath.

Reactions: Maddog and amalone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT