ADVERTISEMENT

Peacock be damned

The only thing you've given so far to support that "peacock sucks" is some concerns about the clips that NBC posted to social media (something that CJ Stroud could let go). And then tried to somehow spin things that the $3 month could make a big impact on future savings. Funny stuff.
NBC is a fraud. I have problems doing business with frauds. I never said $3 month could make a big impact. I said don’t waste your money, invest it. Little things add up.

If your investments were doing that well, I'd think $3 per month for Peacock wouldn't break the bank but I'm not going to try to tell you how to spend your money.

I also feel like I signed up for one month for $5 or something (there isn't a contract) in order to watch the PSU-Umass game. I'd certainly spend more than that if I had to go watch it at a sports bar. I may or may not do the same to watch the game on Wednesday.
Again, NBC is a fraudulent corporation. I don’t do business with frauds. It’s a personal thing that I like to stick to. To my way of thinking, any amount paid to NBC for their crappy product is a waste. But I understand gaming their pricing to access certain games. I just won’t do it. I’d spend $3 on an iced coffee though.

Again, NBC is a fraudulent corporation. I don’t do business with frauds. It’s a personal thing that I like to stick to. To my way of thinking, any amount paid to NBC for their crappy product is a waste. But I understand gaming their pricing to access certain games. I just won’t do it. I’d spend $3 on an iced coffee though.
Make your own coffee

My xfinity package includes Peacock. But I don't know how/if that would work if your TV doesn't allow streaming. Big fancy new TVs capable of all sorts of stuff are available for a couple hundred dollars now. Invest.
It used to include Peacock, but not anymore.

I'm what way is NBC a fraudulent corporation?
Or at least more fraudulent than the corporation at which you procure your iced coffee?

I'm what way is NBC a fraudulent corporation?
Or at least more fraudulent than the corporation at which you procure your iced coffee?
He already answered it...because when one of their interns cut up a clip to shorten to post online, he/she cut out a part about thanking God. That makes the entire corporation fraudulent, and anyone that spends the whopping price they charge to watch it (even if you got a good deal on it) is wasting money that could be spent on Iced Coffees in their retirements (personally, I'll choose regular coffees so that I can watch Peacock the next 20 years).

I don’t know what Online Persona is but if you’re talking to me I retired early and don’t have to spend time earning money because my investments earn for me while I sleep. Which is why I can afford to waste time posting on this board, although it is amusing. Unlike Lando Poser who doesn’t have a job and spends all his time stuck in circular arguments with himself.
Some people work so that they can not work anymore, and sit around wasting away giving bad advice on Peacock to strangers on the internet. Others work to build something ... something that can benefit their family, and society, for generations. And those people can afford Peacock, don't need your middle school life skills class lessons on TVOM and compounding interest, and don't need to be told someone is censoring, when they broadcast it for all to hear, which is how you even know at all that it was later clipped from a social media post. But you do you, Online Persona.

He already answered it...because when one of their interns cut up a clip to shorten to post online, he/she cut out a part about thanking God. That makes the entire corporation fraudulent, and anyone that spends the whopping price they charge to watch it (even if you got a good deal on it) is wasting money that could be spent on Iced Coffees in their retirements (personally, I'll choose regular coffees so that I can watch Peacock the next 20 years).
Haha, yes I caught that. In the grand scheme of "corrupt corporations" that seems more like an editorial choice than corruption, but whatever floats his boat.

Haha, yes I caught that. In the grand scheme of "corrupt corporations" that seems more like an editorial choice than corruption, but whatever floats his boat.
I hate when I agree with you but, yes, that happens with every network

Some people work so that they can not work anymore, and sit around wasting away giving bad advice on Peacock to strangers on the internet. Others work to build something ... something that can benefit their family, and society, for generations. And those people can afford Peacock, don't need your middle school life skills class lessons on TVOM and compounding interest, and don't need to be told someone is censoring, when they broadcast it for all to hear, which is how you even know at all that it was later clipped from a social media post. But you do you, Online Persona.
FWIW, Online Persona is already back under another userid...I give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not doubling up on the new IDs (I think Gunsie is the only one that's done that as of late).

FWIW, Online Persona is already back under another userid...I give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not doubling up on the new IDs (I think Gunsie is the only one that's done that as of late).
I think Online Persona is that guy and this guy. And he's poor, and he did not retire early.

What does your wife think about your future wedding fund? 🤣
Haha!!!! Illustrating that you can balance streaming and investments/savings. I want to pay for everything in my working life, even the kids future weddings. My kids (and wife at times!) think I am cheap as their friends families spend a lot more on luxuries and such and I explain that it is at the expense of their futures and often on extreme credit card debt.

It used to include Peacock, but not anymore.

Depends. It doesn't include it automatically for all Comcast subscribers anymore, but depending on your cable plan and/or length you have been a subscriber, some people can get Peacock for free via XFinity Rewards

Oooh, listen to the purpose pitch squeal! I must have made a direct hit. You are going to have to up your insult game though. That’s not going to work on accomplished people. I’ve been there and done all that. Now I’m working on something more important, raising a family. But, hey, come up on the mountain sometime. I’ll show you around the place.

If you want to make a conservative mad, lie to him. If you want to make a progressive mad, tell him the truth.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
Oooh, listen to the purpose pitch squeal! I must have made a direct hit. You are going to have to up your insult game though. That’s not going to work on accomplished people. I’ve been there and done all that. Now I’m working on something more important, raising a family. But, hey, come up on the mountain sometime. I’ll show you around the place.
I'll pass. I've already seen the movie. I have no need to hear Dueling Banjos played in person.

The bigger problem here is where does it stop?

NBC already has major network presence found on both antenna and cable and have since the advent of both. They are already getting paid by nearly every cable provider for their services. Why do they feel the need to additionally have a streaming service to try to garner more subscription money?

Part of the bigger problem in society is greed. Charlie Munger says it's envy but they are interchangeable.

Is CBS going to all the sudden going to say the Masters needs to be on a paid subscription platform they are launching instead of network TV?
It's all such BS. They aren't happy with their body of work, they want to take more from you.... For what? How does any of this benefit the end user besides take more money out of their pocket? It certainly doesn't enhance the TV experience, i'd actually say it degrades it. So you pay for a worse TV experience. Seems like a crappy model. But everyone is obsessed with the subscription model right now in the world. It's short sighted. NBC already has a subscription model, its called Fios or Xfinitiy. That's enough for you but not enough for them.

It's all just a money grab in the new wave of changing TV. They are saying certain events are "too good" for the regular platform they have been providing since the companies inception.

It's a joke and so low and pathetic.
Gotta justify that 32 million a year CEO pay though.

NBC already has major network presence found on both antenna and cable and have since the advent of both. They are already getting paid by nearly every cable provider for their services. Why do they feel the need to additionally have a streaming service to try to garner more subscription money?

Part of the bigger problem in society is greed. Charlie Munger says it's envy but they are interchangeable.

Is CBS going to all the sudden going to say the Masters needs to be on a paid subscription platform they are launching instead of network TV?
It's all such BS. They aren't happy with their body of work, they want to take more from you.... For what? How does any of this benefit the end user besides take more money out of their pocket? It certainly doesn't enhance the TV experience, i'd actually say it degrades it. So you pay for a worse TV experience. Seems like a crappy model. But everyone is obsessed with the subscription model right now in the world. It's short sighted. NBC already has a subscription model, its called Fios or Xfinitiy. That's enough for you but not enough for them.

It's all just a money grab in the new wave of changing TV. They are saying certain events are "too good" for the regular platform they have been providing since the companies inception.

As I said don’t waste your money. Invest it. I grew up playing baseball. Loved it actually. I had season tickets to two different pro teams. I haven’t even watched a MLB game in years let alone pay to attend one. Why? Because MLB is corrupt and their product is crap. I don’t miss it at all. If CBS starts charging for the Masters stop watching it. Better yet invest your money and then use your accumulated wealth to install a professional grade putting green at your home and landscape it like Augusta. Voila! Who needs the dopes at CBS?

Pithy quote but that still doesn't explain how NBC is corrupt.
Good God, man. There is a list as long as Santa’s Naughty List. Remember NBC News reporting George Zimmerman saying “He’s black” about Trayvon Martin and leaving out the 911 operator asking if he’s black or white? That’s what my detective friends call a clue. Comcast blows and NBC is corrupt. And if you pay for their crappy Peacock you’re a chump.

It stops when customers stop paying for it. Netflix was a perfect example, many were outraged when they eliminated the ability to share your password. But Netflix ultimately profited from that move. Some percentage of those freeloaders lost service when the change was enacted and created their own new customer accounts as a result. Some percentage of paying customers canceled. The net impact was positive for Netflix, revenue from new subscriptions exceeded revenue lost from cancellations. The market told all streaming services they can do the same and make more money.

Channels will not stop switching to paid content until the market tells them it's not profitable to do so. For all the bitching and moaning people do about streaming, the finances are still in the favor of the streaming services so nothing is going to change until people step up and start cancelling them.

Remember NBC News reporting George Zimmerman saying “He’s black” about Trayvon Martin and leaving out the 911 operator asking if he’s black or white? That’s what my detective friends call a clue. Comcast blows and NBC is corrupt. And if you pay for their crappy Peacock you’re a chump.
I don't remember (I don't get overly involved in politics like some others)...however 2 minutes of googling tells me that Zimmerman sued NBC and lost, however NBC still fired the two employees involved in editing the clip. Nothing spells corruption like firing the employees involved.

Seems like another swing and a miss on trying to convince everyone that enjoys watching all of PSU's football and basketball games that they are chumps.

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
I don't remember (I don't get overly involved in politics like some others)...however 2 minutes of googling tells me that Zimmerman sued NBC and lost, however NBC still fired the two employees involved in editing the clip. Nothing spells corruption like firing the employees involved.

Seems like another swing and a miss on trying to convince everyone that enjoys watching all of PSU's football and basketball games that they are chumps.

First of all I am not trying to convince Penn State fans of anything. I previously said if you want to game their pricing offers to get our games go to it. Neither am I defending or criticizing George Zimmerman. Apparently he can take care of himself. NBC did whatever they did because they got caught and it created a firestorm. Just like they made up their stupid excuse about conveniently editing CJ Stroud’s interview for length. There are a million examples of NBC playing their customers for fools. If you’re OK with that I’m OK with you. I said what I said.

Good God, man. There is a list as long as Santa’s Naughty List. Remember NBC News reporting George Zimmerman saying “He’s black” about Trayvon Martin and leaving out the 911 operator asking if he’s black or white? That’s what my detective friends call6 a clue. Comcast blows and NBC is corrupt. And if you pay for their crappy Peacock you’re a chump.
That's NBC News you are complaining about. I don't watch NBC news (or really any network news). We are talking about sports here.

I paid for Peacock to watch the PSU-UMass game. I'm sure I will pay for one month to watch whatever football game is on that network next year. Considering I remember having to pay for "pay per view" to watch PSU games out of market in the 1990s ($30 per game, IIRC), the $6 a month seemed like a bargain.

I'd argue if you are a PSU fan and you aren't paying $6 to watch a game you care about, YOU are the chump.

That's NBC News you are complaining about. I don't watch NBC news (or really any network news). We are talking about sports here.

I paid for Peacock to watch the PSU-UMass game. I'm sure I will pay for one month to watch whatever football game is on that network next year. Considering I remember having to pay for "pay per view" to watch PSU games out of market in the 1990s ($30 per game, IIRC), the $6 a month seemed like a bargain.

I'd argue if you are a PSU fan and you aren't paying $6 to watch a game you care about, YOU are the chump.
Then your argument is a dumb one. And NBC News did NOT do the CJ Stroud interview. NBC is NBC. The corruption is pervasive. Again, if you want to game Peacock’s pricing to get one event, go to it. If you’re a regular NBC customer you’re a chump.

Then your argument is a dumb one. And NBC News did NOT do the CJ Stroud interview. NBC is NBC. The corruption is pervasive. Again, if you want to game Peacock’s pricing to get one event, go to it. If you’re a regular NBC customer you’re a chump.
There is absolutely ZERO wrong with the Stroud interview.

And NBC isn't any more corrupt than any other news agency (in fact some of the cable ones are definitely more corrupt....the one I'm think of rhymes with Sox)

I watch sports on NBC, but as I said I don't watch anything but sports on network TV.

There is absolutely ZERO wrong with the Stroud interview.

And NBC isn't any more corrupt than any other news agency (in fact some of the cable ones are definitely more corrupt....the one I'm think of rhymes with Sox)

I watch sports on NBC, but as I said I don't watch anything but sports on network TV.
You are absolutely correct! In fact it is an industry standard to censor the first statement out of the interviewees mouth. Believe it or not every single interview ever conducted, since television was invented, censors the interviewee’s opening statement upon rebroadcast. Remarkable! Question for you. Do you always stamp your feet and yell NaNaNa while holding your ears closed?

You are absolutely correct! In fact it is an industry standard to censor the first statement out of the interviewees mouth. Believe it or not every single interview ever conducted, since television was invented, censors the interviewee’s opening statement upon rebroadcast. Remarkable! Question for you. Do you always stamp your feet and yell NaNaNa while holding your ears closed?
It's industry standard to cut interviews to meet their alloted time. This usually involves cutting information that is not relevant to the topic at hand.

The asinine "opening statement" you refer to had nothing to do with the question asked and nothing to do with the football game.

Do you always see conspiracy theories where there are none?

It's industry standard to cut interviews to meet their alloted time. This usually involves cutting information that is not relevant to the topic at hand.

The asinine "opening statement" you refer to had nothing to do with the question asked and nothing to do with the football game.

Do you always see conspiracy theories where there are none?
If you want to make a conservative angry lie to him. If you want to make a progressive angry tell him the truth. I haven’t seen you guys this mad since we took away your slaves.

If you want to make a conservative angry lie to him. If you want to make a progressive angry tell him the truth. I haven’t seen you guys this mad since we took away your slaves.
In this scenario, do you think you are lying or telling the truth?

And I definitely never had any slaves, you insane person.

In this scenario, do you think you are lying or telling the truth?

And I definitely never had any slaves, you insane person.
Are you mad? You seem mad. It would be OK for CJ Stroud to pray for you. To be more understanding. Just don’t tell NBC.

Are you mad? You seem mad. It would be OK for CJ Stroud to pray for you. To be more understanding. Just don’t tell NBC.
I'm definitely not mad. It's just amazing or funny or sad (or some combination of the three) that you view a 5 second video edit as proof of "corruption of NBC" and this would anger you enough to miss PSU games that you would otherwise like to watch.

If Stroud wants to waste his breath talking to an invisible/ficticious man in the sky, that affects me not at all.

I'm definitely not mad. It's just amazing or funny or sad (or some combination of the three) that you view a 5 second video edit as proof of "corruption of NBC" and this would anger you enough to miss PSU games that you would otherwise like to watch.

If Stroud wants to waste his breath talking to an invisible/ficticious man in the sky, that affects me not at all.
I’m not angry. I know what NBC is and now I know what you are. Explains a lot.

Here’s another one. Mike Sington, former NBC/Universal senior executive tweet: “Barron Trump turns 18 today. He’s now fair game.” These are the caliber people running NBC. As I said I don’t do business with people like that. I’m not surprised in the least that people like you do.

Last edited:
I’m not angry.
You seem angry.
I know what NBC is and now I know what you are. Explains a lot.
You don't appear to know what NBC is and you definitely don't know what I am.
Here’s another one. Mike Sington, former NBC/Universal senior executive tweet: “Barron Trump turns 18 today. He’s now fair game.” These are the caliber people running NBC. As I said I don’t do business with people like that. I’m not surprised in the least that people like you do.
What is your objection to that quote? If he is involved in any criminal wrongdoing as part of the "Trump Empire", even if only on paper, he can be charged as an adult.
I have zero problem with that statement just as I have no problem with the media's coverage of Hunter Biden.

You seem angry.

You don't appear to know what NBC is and you definitely don't know what I am.

What is your objection to that quote? If he is involved in any criminal wrongdoing as part of the "Trump Empire", even if only on paper, he can be charged as an adult.
I have zero problem with that statement just as I have no problem with the media's coverage of Hunter Biden.
I’m not wading through your tired arguments because frankly I don’t care what you think. I don’t understand why someone thanking their creator for their blessings makes you see red. Enjoy what’s left of your life and try not to think of what your loved ones will be dealing with when the end comes for you. Because it will really be the end.

I’m not wading through your tired arguments because frankly I don’t care what you think. I don’t understand why someone thanking their creator for their blessings makes you see red.
Why does it make you see red when the producers cut this statement? It shouldn't. It wasn't relevant to the sporting event.
Enjoy what’s left of your life
I assure you that I enjoy every day because I know that when we die there is nothing after that.
and try not to think of what your loved ones will be dealing with when the end comes for you.
Everyone is sad when people they are close to die, but that's part of life.
Because it will really be the end.
It's the end for everyone. You just become part of the biogeochemical cycle. Or worm food if you prefer. There is nothing after death. You just cease to be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT