ADVERTISEMENT

Peacock be damned

psu1969a

May 19, 2013
Questions for the powers that be in the B1G and PSU.
Why are MBB initial BB games on Peacock?
Why? I don't subscribe to these streaming channels.
Why? my TV doesn't allow access to internet/streaming.
Finally, how to watch PSU vs. Michigan on Wednesday?

Comcast blows. Anyone who pays for Peacock is a chump.

Unless you have an old tube tv, any tv can have access to these services with a roku or the multitude of other streaming devices out there. Heck, even if you do have a newer TV it is often still worth getting a Roku. I actually prefer this streaming environment over the cable tv days.

Reactions: stf110
I paid $36 for Peacock this year, and it was well worth it...would have paid 10x that amount for how much I watch it. Their coverage of Big Ten basketball was the best I saw this season.
Why are they so good? Who are the commentators?

Why are they so good? Who are the commentators?
Commentators have either been Terry Gannon or Noah Eagle as PBP, and Hummel or Bardo as analysts (guys that are both good, and really know the Big Ten). They've have dedicated 30 minute pregame shows before every game (even our crap non-conference game that was on there had one which shocked me) breaking down the teams, giving news, etc (and the studio crew is good too, Josh Pastner is usually there with a few others). You never miss the start of a game because of another game running long.

Postgame, they aren't like other networks that need to cut away to another game, so they'll also do an interview with the head coach, interview a player, show the alma mater, then go back to the studio to discuss the game, talk about what's next for teams, etc.

Basically, it's like a 3 hour presentation focused on the two teams playing in that game...we don't get that anywhere else these days.

Last edited:
I paid $36 for Peacock this year, and it was well worth it...would have paid 10x that amount for how much I watch it. Their coverage of Big Ten basketball was the best I saw this season.
You’d be better off investing your money but enjoy!

I can't bring myself to subscribe when I already pay for youtubetv, Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Maxx.
I personally watch Peacock more than Netflix and Max combined (though my wife watches those a lot)...my primary viewing seems to be YTV, Peacock, ESPN+, and Paramount+. But even with YTV and all of those others combined (plus Hulu), I'm still paying less than what I paid for cable.

Reactions: indynittany
I personally watch Peacock more than Netflix and Max combined (though my wife watches those a lot)...my primary viewing seems to be YTV, Peacock, ESPN+, and Paramount+. But even with YTV and all of those others combined (plus Hulu), I'm still paying less than what I paid for cable.
NBC did an interview with CJ Stroud after their playoff win and he began by saying First I would like to give all praise and glory to my savior Jesus Christ. NBC literally edited that comment out of the interview. If you want to pay for Russian State Media like that by all means be my guest . As I said, Comcast blows and Peacock customers are chumps.

Is your TV a really old Tube TV, or does it have an HDMI port so that you can plug in a roku/firestick? Pretty much all TVs today have the ability to stream, you just need something to stream it with to get it to work.
The "smart" software integrated in most TVs sucks anyway, better to stream from a Roku, Chromecast, Firestick or Apple TV IMO.

Check for free deals on Peacock. My cable company (Spectrum) gave me a free year which I started when our football game was on it. At the time I had read that other companies were also bundling in Peacock for free. I won't be paying once that expires though.

Reactions: Kasparaitis
The "smart" software integrated in most TVs sucks anyway, better to stream from a Roku, Chromecast, Firestick or Apple TV IMO.

Check for free deals on Peacock. My cable company (Spectrum) gave me a free year which I started when our football game was on it. At the time I had read that other companies were also bundling in Peacock for free. I won't be paying once that expires though.
I’d say free is about what Peacock is worth. Well done!

Reactions: NC2017
NBC did an interview with CJ Stroud after their playoff win and he began by saying First I would like to give all praise and glory to my savior Jesus Christ. NBC literally edited that comment out of the interview. If you want to pay for Russian State Media like that by all means be my guest . As I said, Comcast blows and Peacock customers are chumps.
LOL

Every dollar wasted is a dollar not invested. It adds up. When you get to the point where you can live off your investments it is a beautiful thing.
I'd rather enjoy the journey. If I ever hit the point where I need to cut something I use often and enjoy to save $3/month, I'll be quite disappointed.

I'd rather enjoy the journey. If I ever hit the point where I need to cut something I use often and enjoy to save $3/month, I'll be quite disappointed.
Some people here are insane with their inability to comprehend people can elect to spend in many ways. I spend money on sports and streaming networks over shoes, new clothes, etc. Everyone is different. Set a budget and live relatively within in but enjoy life. Tomorrow isn't given.

Some people here are insane with their inability to comprehend people can elect to spend in many ways. I spend money on sports and streaming networks over shoes, new clothes, etc. Everyone is different. Set a budget and live relatively within in but enjoy life. Tomorrow isn't given.
Some people who know what they’re talking about give their advice. You’re free to ignore it. $50 a week invested in an index fund over a standard working life will yield approximately $1 million. An extra million always comes in handy in my way of thinking.

Some people who know what they’re talking about give their advice. You’re free to ignore it. $50 a week invested in an index fund over a standard working life will yield approximately $1 million. An extra million always comes in handy in my way of thinking.
And some would rather enjoy life with the cash they have as opposed to worrying about an extra 1M when you die for your kids.

And some would rather enjoy life with the cash they have as opposed to worrying about an extra 1M when you die for your kids.
Most people’s don’t die after 40 years of working. In fact if you reach age 65 your life expectancy is another 17 years, 20 if you’re a woman. Not hard for most people to spend a million dollars in 17-20 years. The more you argue in circles the stupider you sound. But then we already knew that. Quit while you’re behind.

My wife and I contribute over 10% of our income to our retirement, and we put another few percent on top of that into a 529 for the kids. I also invested another $200 a month into a separate fund for future weddings. And I have peacock. 😀

Most people’s don’t die after 40 years of working. In fact if you reach age 65 your life expectancy is another 17 years, 20 if you’re a woman. Not hard for most people to spend a million dollars in 17-20 years. The more you argue in circles the stupider you sound. But then we already knew that. Quit while you’re behind.
Have more than enough already. Some people were fortunate to grow up with money. Not everyone has struggled or lived paycheck to paycheck.

My wife and I contribute over 10% of our income to our retirement, and we put another few percent on top of that into a 529 for the kids. I also invested another $200 a month into a separate fund for future weddings. And I have peacock. 😀
How is that even possible? You're spending 3 bucks on Peacock every month. Do you make more than that? Lol

Reactions: Strick73
Stop wasting time reading this board, and posting to it ... that's time you could have used to earn more money which you could have subsequently invested, Online Persona. You'll also save on electricity, and you could probably stand to downgrade your internet package, too.

• Haha
Reactions: GregInPitt
Is your TV a really old Tube TV, or does it have an HDMI port so that you can plug in a roku/firestick? Pretty much all TVs today have the ability to stream, you just need something to stream it with to get it to work.
And why should I pay for other services/devices when I already pay for B1G through Comcast!

And why should I pay for other services/devices when I already pay for B1G through Comcast!
I was trying to help you by explaining how you can watch stuff like this if you'd like. Things evolve, and streaming is the future (and there are many advantages to it).

They were just trying to make Stroud look more intelligent. Not great to advertise that your student athletes are horrible at critical thinking

(ducks)

They were just trying to make Stroud look more intelligent. Not great to advertise that your student athletes are horrible at critical thinking

(ducks)
Are all religious people stupid or just Christians?

You’re on the right track. Peacock sucks though.

Stop wasting time reading this board, and posting to it ... that's time you could have used to earn more money which you could have subsequently invested, Online Persona. You'll also save on electricity, and you could probably stand to downgrade your internet package, too.
I don’t know what Online Persona is but if you’re talking to me I retired early and don’t have to spend time earning money because my investments earn for me while I sleep. Which is why I can afford to waste time posting on this board, although it is amusing. Unlike Lando Poser who doesn’t have a job and spends all his time stuck in circular arguments with himself.

I don’t know what Online Persona is but if you’re talking to me I retired early and don’t have to spend time earning money because my investments earn for me while I sleep. Which is why I can afford to waste time posting on this board, although it is amusing. Unlike Lando Poser who doesn’t have a job and spends all his time stuck in circular arguments with himself.
If your investments were doing that well, I'd think $3 per month for Peacock wouldn't break the bank but I'm not going to try to tell you how to spend your money.

I also feel like I signed up for one month for $5 or something (there isn't a contract) in order to watch the PSU-Umass game. I'd certainly spend more than that if I had to go watch it at a sports bar. I may or may not do the same to watch the game on Wednesday.

The only thing you've given so far to support that "peacock sucks" is some concerns about the clips that NBC posted to social media (something that CJ Stroud could let go). And then tried to somehow spin things that the $3 month could make a big impact on future savings. Funny stuff.

My xfinity package includes Peacock. But I don't know how/if that would work if your TV doesn't allow streaming. Big fancy new TVs capable of all sorts of stuff are available for a couple hundred dollars now. Invest.

I didn’t pay full price for it. At the time there were coupon codes online that I found with a simple Google search. One positive of Peacock is that it has the Yellowstone series, which is just amazing.

I didn’t pay full price for it. At the time there were coupon codes online that I found with a simple Google search. One positive of Peacock is that it has the Yellowstone series, which is just amazing.
I’ll allow it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT