ADVERTISEMENT

One Onward State writer call for O’Brien as guest picker...

This being ABC/ESPN/Disney ........ they'll bring in Ty Burrell. Synergy, you know. Corporate business suits love synergy.

But O'Brien ... I would like that.

Ty Burrell is my guess. A similar option might be Lara Spencer who is also an ABC employee.

If they are going for a former football player maybe Cappelletti or Urschel because they'd be interesting stories

OB would be awesome. But I can't see that happening.

Urschel I could see

In terms of athletes, another possible choice could be Ali Krieger. Though perhaps ESPN might not want to put much focus on soccer based on recent happenings in the sport for the US....

That would be great
He'd glare at Mushmouf and Mouf would stammer more than usual

Cael-Sanderson.jpg

Reactions: PeetzPoolBoy
He'd glare at Mushmouf and Mouf would stammer more than usual

Cael-Sanderson.jpg
The LAST thing mush mouf wants to see is that. That dude has owned the entire sport both as a competitor, and as a coach. That dude right there would put mush in a bow and arrow and break him in half like a cheese omelette.

But he wouldn't even need to, he'd just get his 149 pounder to do it for him.

100% chance They will get Keegan-Michael Key

They already had him on Gameday as a picker this season, plus they used him last year in the Big Ten CCG. I don't see it happening. Ty Burrell is more likely if they are going that vein.

100% chance They will get Keegan-Michael Key

Although I really hope they choose LaVar Arrington, as I believe he would tear them apart live. That guy gives zero Fs about pretty much anyone and he knows how slanted they were were
LaVar would be great.

They will play the Key schtick for all it's worth. As an aside, Onward State should see a Doctor for their extended hardon for Gameday.

Ty Burrell is my guess. A similar option might be Lara Spencer who is also an ABC employee.

If they are going for a former football player maybe Cappelletti or Urschel because they'd be interesting stories

Urschel could explain why we're a lock using mathematics. :)

Rodney Erickson. It would tie in with the inevitable Sandusky story that ESPN will do while sitting in front of Old Main.....and he could give them a personal tour of his building. ;)

Last edited:
Jay Paterno
I don't watch the show so I have no idea how it goes down, but if you're looking for a voice for Penn State, why not call upon someone with intimate ties to its past and its present/future?

As an aside, I'm seriously considering writing a letter to Sandy regarding a significant segment of the alumni who are displeased with the 4-letter's presence on our campus. Old wounds heal slowly, and many of the jackals at their network held the blades that stabbed. I commend anyone who will be there and be able to maintain civility as I'm not certain I could.

I’m sorry to share this, but I’m hearing that it’s going to be Joel Myers, based on some kind of cute association between predicting both the “weather” and “winners”. :eek:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT