ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Trials Tickets?

Does your ticket confirmation have actual seat numbers (1-16)?

I will be in 206, Row B, a single, but seat # says 107.
Seat 107 makes no sense to me. If you get an answer from the ticket office, please post it here, I'd like to understand this.

GENERAL SEATING INFORMATION
When entering the building at one of the four main gates, you are on the concourse. The concourse separates the Concourse Level from the Event / Lower Event Levels.

The Concourse Level is the top deck of the Jordan Center. The sections begin with Row A, which is at the bottom of the level, and extend up to Row S on the ends and Row P on the sides of the arena. The rows contain 16 seats per row and are numbered 1 - 16.

The Event Level is the middle part of the arena. The sections begin with Row A at the bottom of the section and extend up to Row P at the top of the section, where the main entrances are. The rows contain 16 seats per row, except for the corners, and are numbered 1 - 16.

The Lower Event Level is located below the Event Level and contains Row KK, which is on the Floor Level and extends up to Row AA, which touches the base (Row A) of the Event Level. The rows contain 16 seats, except for a few sections, and are numbered 1 - 16.

I believe this wrestling will determine THE member of the olympic team.. Roar? Nova? someone else much more knowledgeable than me?

Yes, unlike recent years where there were multiple tournaments leading up to Final X this tournament will be the entire trials from the first round thru to the finals for all 6 Olympic weights for Greco, Women's Freestyle, and Freestyle. Approximately 16 wrestlers in each weight class.
The ONLY way any of the six weight classes do not come out of the Olympic Trials with our country's Olympian, is if a medalist from the upcoming World Championship, and ONLY in an Olympic weight, requests and is granted a delay.

Reactions: diggerpup
The ONLY way any of the six weight classes do not come out of the Olympic Trials with our country's Olympian, is if a medalist from the upcoming World Championship, and ONLY in an Olympic weight, requests and is granted a delay.

Hypothetically...
What happens if Kyle Dake medals this weekend, which would put him in the semifinals of his chosen Olympic weight, but then gets injured and requests a delay?

Reactions: jtothemfp
Hypothetically...
What happens if Kyle Dake medals this weekend, which would put him in the semifinals of his chosen Olympic weight, but then gets injured and requests a delay?
I believe that you have to win a medal at an olympic weight to be eligible for a delayed wrestle off. I do not think Kyle's dictor note or Cornell's lawyers can get around that.

Reactions: ejzeppelin42
I believe that you have to win a medal at an olympic weight to be eligible for a delayed wrestle off. I do not think Kyle's dictor note or Cornell's lawyers can get around that.
it was said somewhere on here that a medal at a non-Olympic weight gets a US wrestler a bye to the semifinals at an olympic weight.

Reactions: diggerpup
Hypothetically...
Actually, and without question...
Can't happen. Here's the rule;

Only a 2019 World Championship Olympic weight medalist, who earned an automatic berth into the final wrestle‐off, can request a delay for competing...

Reactions: jtothemfp
Actually, and without question...
Can't happen. Here's the rule;

Only a 2019 World Championship Olympic weight medalist, who earned an automatic berth into the final wrestle‐off, can request a delay for competing...

Interesting. Another question:
How is the "sitting in the semi-finals" thing going to work? A 16-man bracket produces 4 semifinalists - you can't just add a 5th. Will the bracket run as normal and then the winner has to go through the "extra" semi-finalist before getting to the final wrestle-off? And what if two 2019 non-Olympic weight medalists (possibly Green and Dake) choose to go at an Olympic weight that has a medalist already sitting in the finals (like Burroughs)?

OK. That's too many questions. I'm bored at work today.

Interesting. Another question:
How is the "sitting in the semi-finals" thing going to work? A 16-man bracket produces 4 semifinalists - you can't just add a 5th. Will the bracket run as normal and then the winner has to go through the "extra" semi-finalist before getting to the final wrestle-off? And what if two 2019 non-Olympic weight medalists (possibly Green and Dake) choose to go at an Olympic weight that has a medalist already sitting in the finals (like Burroughs)?

OK. That's too many questions. I'm bored at work today.
Wish I could just post an image. Go to page 7 of the linked document. Answers all your questions, I believe.

http://content.themat.com/forms/2020-OLY-MFS.pdf

Reactions: psumacw
Wish I could just post an image. Go to page 7 of the linked document. Answers all your questions, I believe.

http://content.themat.com/forms/2020-OLY-MFS.pdf

For the PDF challenged among us:
screenshot-content.themat.com-2019.09.17-16_38_32.png

Seat 107 makes no sense to me. If you get an answer from the ticket office, please post it here, I'd like to understand this.

Will do. Sent query via email at 12:44PM. No reply as of 6:35PM.

Seat 107 similarly made little sense to me.

From a football ticket experience, new to this year, I understand some TicketMaster changes have occurred.

I quoted the 1-16 seat numbering BJC reference in my query to golions@psu.edu, which is where the confirmation email says to direct questions about one's order.

Reactions: RoarLions1
I have a receipt that says section 104L, row BB, seats 107 and 108.
Does this sound right?

If you get an answer from the ticket office, please post it here, I'd like to understand this.

I heard back:

"There is no discrepancy. The BJC seats do not change from event to event. Some seat numbers are in the 100’s (as yours are) in the upper levels, not in the concourse level which does go 1-16."

Perhaps
100" seats indicate one side of the aisle, the lower numbers indicate the other side of the aisle
is correct for the upper level.

Regardless, I'm no longer concerned.

Here is a little nugget. I was thinking of buying four more tickets and noticed that they were $10 more. Called the ticket office and they said that they will continue to raise prices as demand increases.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Here is a little nugget. I was thinking of buying four more tickets and noticed that they were $10 more. Called the ticket office and they said that they will continue to raise prices as demand increases.

Yesterday, P1 level seats were $145 before charges. Today the price is $177 and change.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
I wonder what the price point will be for the general public when they hit the market on Friday. I'd imagine (judging by the mat's comments) that people are already feeling slighted that the PSU fans had first crack at good seats. If Joe Plumber not only gets stuck with what's left but also has to pay a higher price for worse seats, there may be riots in the virtual streets....

I wonder what the price point will be for the general public when they hit the market on Friday. I'd imagine (judging by the mat's comments) that people are already feeling slighted that the PSU fans had first crack at good seats. If Joe Plumber not only gets stuck with what's left but also has to pay a higher price for worse seats, there may be riots in the virtual streets....
Let 'em eat cake, I say. . . .

I think I just received another presale email notice, this one for prior BJC Dual ticket buyers. That's my third (PSWC and NLC preceded). Wonder why no NLWC (at least that I could discern).

pricing as of 2:30 wednesday...

• VIP 1 Package
      • Wrestling Club$426.50

• VIP2 Package
      • Wrestling Club$272.50

• P1 (100 level - sections 101-110 or 118-127)
      • 100 Level Seating$177.75

• P2 (100 level - sections 111-117 or 128-134)
      • 100 Level Seating$145.75

• P3 (200 level - sections 201-210 or 218-227)
      • 200 Level Seating$101.50

• P4 (200 level - sections 211-217 or 228-234)
      • 200 Level Seating$67.75

• P4 (ADA seating + 200 level upper rows)
      • Wrestling Club$57.75

Section 116, very excited. Does anyone know which side of the section is seat 1 and which side is seat 16. Just wondering

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT