ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA tickets IN PHILLY

5q

Sep 8, 2001
what does one need to do to get tickets for all sessions and sit with the PEnn State Fans

I’m near Philadelphia (collegeville) and would like to go to atleast Friday / Saturday tickets , but would be interested in all 3 days

what does one need to do to get tickets for all sessions and sit with the PEnn State Fans

I’m near Philadelphia (collegeville) and would like to go to atleast Friday / Saturday tickets , but would be interested in all 3 days
Try posting a request on the wrestling message board and ….

Oh wait …..

WE ARE!

The Penn state tickets next year will be nearly impossible. Last time it was in Pittsburgh you needed 2500 NLC points to even apply and still were not guaranteed tickets.

Try going through the school that’s hosting. Is it Drexel or Penn? Or someone else? Get season tickets, even if you don’t go to a match it’s still going to help fund a wrestling program. I believe the host school gets a good amount of tickets to sell. Only issue is your seats would be with fans of the school you bought through and not with PSU fans.

At least that was how I was able to get tickets when it was in Pittsburgh. Bought season tickets through Pitt and was able to get NCAA Tournament tickets through them.

The waiting list for suites.
original.jpg

GIA faithful demanding to be let into @82bordeaux"s luxury suite.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 82bordeaux

If you have lots of excess cash, gold, and diamonds…. you can get tix via the NCAA and their partners.

Try going through the school that’s hosting. Is it Drexel or Penn? Or someone else? Get season tickets, even if you don’t go to a match it’s still going to help fund a wrestling program. I believe the host school gets a good amount of tickets to sell. Only issue is your seats would be with fans of the school you bought through and not with PSU fans.

At least that was how I was able to get tickets when it was in Pittsburgh. Bought season tickets through Pitt and was able to get NCAA Tournament tickets through them.
I think Drexel is the host school. I would think all NCAA wrestling schools are allotted tickets. Probably the season ticket holders are offered the opportunity to apply for tickets. I have an in with Princeton program and might be able to get them through that. If not I probably will inquire with Lehigh and see if being a season ticket holder gets me an opportunity to get them.

The Penn state tickets next year will be nearly impossible. Last time it was in Pittsburgh you needed 2500 NLC points to even apply and still were not guaranteed tickets.
Having lots of Nittany Lion Club points (2,500+) helps in most ticketing situations, except for NCAA championships held in PA. The PSU ticket office allowed senior admin & professors to line jump NLC members to snag tickets in Pittsburgh. Within the University RANK has its privileges taking care of the “wigs” is simply considered good business. Undoubtedly the same will happen in 2025 . . . so if you are a NLC member . . . don’t count on your points doing anything unless you are a mega donor. Better to become a season ticket holder at a non PA university (I use Appy State) and leverage it to snag NCAA’s.

Having lots of Nittany Lion Club points (2,500+) helps in most ticketing situations, except for NCAA championships held in PA. The PSU ticket office allowed senior admin & professors to line jump NLC members to snag tickets in Pittsburgh. Within the University RANK has its privileges taking care of the “wigs” is simply considered good business. Undoubtedly the same will happen in 2025 . . . so if you are a NLC member . . . don’t count on your points doing anything unless you are a mega donor. Better to become a season ticket holder at a non PA university (I use Appy State) and leverage it to snag NCAA’s.
I live near Gardner Webb and tried that strategy 2 years ago. Problem is they don't sell season tickets,
techcrunch disrupt GIF by Product Hunt

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyons212
I've been to 5 NCAAs and only had tickets in hand once prior to the event, Philadelphia, where I had the chance to get into a suite at face value.

The other 4 times I relied on getting tickets just prior, outside the arena, which was common practice for wrestling fans for decades. The only time I had problems was in Cleveland where they have scalping down to a science.

I suspect the demand for Philadelphia this time around is going to be extreme and buying right before could be a problem. Not going to risk going without tickets, and I expect prices are going to be really high.

BTW, does anyone else remember when Iowa and some other midwestern wrestling fan bases were complaining about NCAAs in Philadelphia in 2011 and how the event wouldn't sell out, and then it sold out in record time, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: hlstone
BTW, does anyone else remember when Iowa and some other midwestern wrestling fan bases were complaining about NCAAs in Philadelphia in 2011 and how the event wouldn't sell out, and then it sold out in record time, lol.
In 2011, Iowa fans were still living under the delusion of entitlement when it came to the NCAA tournament. Of course we know that 13 years later, there are still a lot of them who continue to persist with the same delusions.

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT