ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Buffalo Game Thread

This is going to be a long, losing season if Penn State continues to play this way. Great talent, but can’t get it done on the field against much lesser talent. Just no excuse for this.

D line may get pushed around at times. It’s up to the lbs to fill holes and stop runs

Unbelievable his many first downs Buffalo has made. Especially 3 rd and Long.
Yeah. Giving up multiple 3rd down conversions in a half has often been a bad sign for us. Aggravating. But, this score at halftime presents the team with a challenge they have to beat eventually in any season. Might as well get past that one today in the second half.

Well, 10-7 at the half is not the end of the world, but it's pretty close. Do you think they'll start playing football in the 2nd half?
No sign of that.
Agree. Buffalo is a good team. Nice OL play and the play calling has confused Pry and staff. It seems we have run the wrong D on every critical play. Lets hope for some good halftime adjustments.
Robert Morris probably played them tougher than Penn State is. What's that tell you? These guys are going nowhere. Must be those damn sanctions.

Not I’m not an idiot. They are not good. I’ll remember you IDIOT and ask for an apology

Can this board agree on at least agree one thing?

Lance Leipold >>>>>>> James Franklin

I’ll be the first to admit it’s a low threshold to hurdle.

Reactions: 8th Man and zubrus1
Parsons is lights out on one play and then completely out of position on the other. No gap containment from this D right now. Letting a punk FR QB move the ball at will.

Our problems appear to be foundational and Franklin is too stubborn to correct the issues. Our line play is bad, our run game is slow, we can’t throw vertically, etc. Staff changes are needed... Limegrover and Rahne should not be here.

Ya he sucks but the real problem is on offense just as I suspected. This offense has no rhythm of any kind .
When the hell is Franklin going to fire the OL coach. I can't wait until Ricky is fired, terrible o cord.
This team is getting dominated in the trenches by flipping Buffalo. How the hell does that happen.

Yetur has disappeared again. I caught hell from some for pointing out he had 0 tackles against Kentucky and he managed to get himself suspended. Well, he has something to prove this second half.

The tackles are getting abused.

If Pry does not come up with some schemes to help we will be abused again in the second half.

The receivers are getting no separation.

Is Our TE playing tonite?

Slade looks like a third stringer.

Clifford can play. He has to have the wideouts step up.

Reactions: Sooner Lion
See, this is what concerns me. They give up leads against good teams. A one-dimensional Kentucky team kicks their butt. A good Buffalo team in a lower level conference plays them off their feet, out-manned but Buff is smartly coached. I leave it to the experts to explain this, I have no idea.

Brightside, if we lose tonight it will take all that playoff pressure off the guys. Easy season!

Well, we were thoroughly dominated and we are still down just three points. You have to play two halves. We come out strong, we will be OK.
Maybe, but I'd feel better about our chances if we were losing because of turnovers and penalties. Those can be fixed. We're getting beat in the trenches on both sides.

Yetur has disappeared again. I caught hell from some for pointing out he had 0 tackles against Kentucky and he managed to get himself suspended. Well, he has something to prove this second half.

The tackles are getting abused.

If Pry does not come up with some schemes to help we will be abused again in the second half.

The receivers are getting no separation.

Is Our TE playing tonite?

Slade looks like a third stringer.

Clifford can play. He has to have the wideouts step up.

Slade is gonna transfer. Also, please let’s all remember- no criticism of Brent Pry is permitted here.

Can we hire buffalos offensive line coach? Cuz Limegrover has to go.

Good point. Same issues year after year. You need the ingredients to make a good stew, or a chef who can do wonders with the basics. If you have both you have something special. Unfortunately we appear to have neither.

lol...Herbie and Rece looking ahead to Clemson at Syracuse next week in prime time. Talked about Clemson's win, didn't say one word about the Orange. The air went out of that balloon 6 hours ago.

We’re going to learn a lot about PSU football in the 2nd half..... I’m just going to sit back and watch what Franklin (who am I kidding:rolleyes: ), Rahne, Pry & Co can offer to justify continued compensation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT