ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Brackets and discussion

People on here saying Davis has a terrible draw is an opinion I don't get. Where the heck would you place him to satisfy these guys. Davis 2 losses are in bottom half. Obviously he's been in a lot of tight scraps but finds a way to win. If he faces Peterson again, stay out of upper body and put it to him this time with no controversy. I'm sure the coaches are working specifically with Daviss handling of all these shorter muscle mutts. Go gettem Braden!
Agree. I think Ayala has a good draw (based on his performance and match up's this year). The 'cool' thing about Davis' draw is his attitude. So I'm ok with it

So, who is going to put together the interactive, clickable bracket?

I'll be sitting here lazily waiting for it until someone take the time to do it.

e8901c7d-756b-4583-ae51-be149d4883b6_text.gif

People on here saying Davis has a terrible draw is an opinion I don't get. Where the heck would you place him to satisfy these guys. Davis 2 losses are in bottom half. Obviously he's been in a lot of tight scraps but finds a way to win. If he faces Peterson again, stay out of upper body and put it to him this time with no controversy. I'm sure the coaches are working specifically with Daviss handling of all these shorter muscle mutts. Go gettem Braden!
Braedon puzzles me. He seems positively skinny next to these "shorter muscle mutts” (Peterson, Kilkeary, even McKee), and his thin torso looks ready to be flipped like a hotcake at any moment. And, yet, other than being tossed by Kilkeary, HE’s the one that won the inside trip strength tests against both McKee and Cat Stevens (DeAug), putting each on their back.
I don’t care much for his draw, but I’m done thinking this calm, low heart rate kid can’t pull it off.
(love that "shorter muscle mutts" line)

Braedon puzzles me. He seems positively skinny next to these "shorter muscle mutts” (Peterson, Kilkeary, even McKee), and his thin torso looks ready to be flipped like a hotcake at any moment. And, yet, other than being tossed by Kilkeary, HE’s the one that won the inside trip strength tests against both McKee and Cat Stevens (DeAug), putting each on their back.
I don’t care much for his draw, but I’m done thinking this calm, low heart rate kid can’t pull it off.
He’s stronger than he looks. He’s long & lean but actually pretty ripped.

I don’t think he’ll win it all, but I believe he’ll be an AA, which is a helluva accomplishment for a true freshman who entered the season as a relative unknown.

He’s stronger than he looks. He’s long & lean but actually pretty ripped.

I don’t think he’ll win it all, but I believe he’ll be an AA, which is a helluva accomplishment for a true freshman who entered the season as a relative unknown.
Every year, I"m reminded how damn tough the NCAA's are. They are so difficult to predict and for wrestler's to navigate. That is what makes them great! In all my years though, I don't know if I can remember an entire bracket that is as difficult to predict than 125. It is truly crazy! I love this time of year!

Iowa - 9th
tOSU - Positive Infinity ~~ 14th

Ohio State didn't get many good draws, but poor performances at the B1G really caught up with some of them. Honestly most of us Buckeye fans understand outside of Mendez, this is a rebuilding year with the injuries to the few vets we had and so much youth. Gotta be realistic, 3 AAs is about what I would expect any less would be disappointing and anymore would be a solid finish.

That was going to happen no matter what his draw is. 125 is riddled with everyone beating everyone, so each person can be noted with big time quality wins. That will make for some wild matches and a wacky bracket. He's done a sweet job managing opponents' strength and wile.......I expect more of the same.

Honestly, 125 is equally compelling as 165, just in a different way. The other weights could be considered somewhat boring even if our guy is the winner.

Am I the only one who got the “Cat Steven’s” reference? Well done.

Davis outmuscled Pat McKee when he had a couple hours off the scale, notoriously when he is the most dangerous (why he's so good in wrestlebacks and why he looks so bad first match of a tournament and in duals at times).

Calling a spade a spade, the reason people thought Braeden needed a RS and/or needs to add strength is the thing everyone has talked about by now, the fact he has a baby face. He has never struggled on bottom (definitely being a coaches kid is huge there) and he has never gotten horsed around except the final exchange with Kilkeary, which I think he just kind of panicked (freshman yips)

Well, at the risk of being stoned, if Carter were at 100% he’d be as much of a no-doubter as possible in sports vs anyone. The question is at what percentage of full capacity will Carter be wrestling? 80%, 50%, less? I certainly hope it’s 80% or greater, but if it’s 50% or less vs Lewis then who knows what happens? Ok, let the stoning commence!
Carter has stated, he's 100%. Whatever that means.

Asinine on NCAA, drop Carter to 10th FFS, this should have been the Sat nightcap. Damn they screwd the pooch.

3 returning champs one same side?? WTF
I look at all sports this simple way. If you don't compete, how can you lose? Stepping on the mat is nothing more than forced semantics.

Reactions: creamery freak
Trying to be practical here and knowing anything can happen. The % are based on making it to the finals.

Davis - maybe less than a 50% chance to reach the finals. Few landmines, and 125
Aaron - 3 major landmines to the finals... 30%
Beau - 70% chance of making finals
Tyler - really like what I see, 50%
Levi - mostly rematches, 90%
MM - a few unknown landmines, works to his advantage - 90%
Cstarr - Knee considerations, 80%
Bernie - 50% due to Foca/Plott or something along the way
Brooks - 99%, that's all
Kerk - 90% - anything can happen

Sure would like to see another unbelievable event like the StLou finals a few years back. Running off 5 in a row was a sporting event high for me (which includes a couple of superbowls). I'll follow up and see how I did :)
Trying to practical? LOL.

If Nageo's chances of making it to the final is 30%, be interested on your take for the chances of Orine (3 seed), Arujau (6), Bailey (7), and Crookam (2). All guys on same side of the bracket as Nageo.

Similar question for 125. If Davis is 50%, what are the chances for Peterson, McKee, Figueroa, Volk, Noto, Surtin, and Ramos. Again, all guys on the same side of the bracket as Davis. I'd say the difference between most of those guys (including Davis) is pretty thin. Yet Davis has a 50% chance, leaving the other 50% for all the remaining guys? Sure.

Same for Kasak. If he's at 50%, what about the chances for Parco (2), Arrington (3), Gomez (6), or even Lamer (10). They get to split the remaining 50%? Plus Kasak's first round opponent (Alas) seems like he should be higher than a #26 seed.

Last edited:
Reactions: diggerpup
Ohio State didn't get many good draws, but poor performances at the B1G really caught up with some of them. Honestly most of us Buckeye fans understand outside of Mendez, this is a rebuilding year with the injuries to the few vets we had and so much youth. Gotta be realistic, 3 AAs is about what I would expect any less would be disappointing and anymore would be a solid finish.
Ohio St's young guys have looked really good, just not consistently enough. Bouzakis, Mendez, Rocco, and Feldman all look like future contenders and Kilkeary, Rogotzke, and Geog have had their moments.

I freekin love Cael’s and the wrestler's interviews. It gives a bit of insight to their mentality. "Don't change anything". Aaron is just as cool and level headed as Cael. Especially proud of this kid as he's from Hagerstown, MD. My kin have followed him since Jr. High.

If Nageo's chances of making it to the final is 30%, be interested on your take for the chances of Orine (3 seed), Arujau (6), Bailey (7), and Crookam (2). All guys on same side of the bracket as Nageo.

Similar question for 125. If Davis is 50%, what are the chances for Peterson, McKee, Figueroa, Volk, Noto, Surtin, and Ramos. Again, all guys on the same side of the bracket as Davis. I'd say the difference between most of those guys (including Davis) is pretty thin. Yet Davis has a 50% chance, leaving the other 50% for all the remaining guys? Sure.

Same for Kasak. If he's at 50%, what about the chances for Parco (2), Arrington (3), Gomez (6), or even Lamer (10). They get to split the remaining 50%? Plus Kasak's first round opponent (Alas) seems like he should be higher than a #26 seed.
This.

Some posters are slapping % around that range between illogical to insane, and other posters who are equally poor at math are sticking up for them. LOL.

Whatever. I get it. Everyone is antsy and excited for the action to start.
You guys can take a statistics refresher in April.

I hear ya... guess I'm more or less putting the percentages on my betting odds I would take..... of course I'm being a homer.

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT