ADVERTISEMENT

More From Brands On Recruiting

There is another way. Moderator:
d1ea2e6f0e66c1da73bb68410d30e3843fb224968fd83034d21ede186ba2ca95.jpg
No. Don't martyr him.

Ignore button should work for most folks.

Assuming for the moment that all the conduct you're referring to--on both sides--can be lumped together as indistinguishable, it would only be "hypocrisy" on the part of any poster who called out x but not y, a presumption which you loudly proclaimed as part of your thesis, even now. But about which you were mistaken, because, as I theorized, you're an ignorant blowhard, for which there is mounting evidence.

You are further mistaken with respect to your presumption that the faults or problems of x program somehow revokes the license of any poster to opine about y program, which happens to be the core flaw of a rhetorical style afflicting too many discussions these days, sometimes referred to as whataboutism. It's a style routinely employed by people--often trolls, like yourself--who would prefer to distract from the instant matter, whatever that may be, by enlarging the sphere of debate to conflate all manner of otherwise distinguishable topics so that practically nothing can be discussed.

I would agree with you if it weren't for the posters criticizing Brands/Gilman from atop their moral mountains with their holier than thou aura.

I'm not going to go through every posters post history and see if all the ones criticizing Gilman/Brands also criticized Cael/Taylor. However go read through this thread and tell me people aren't speaking from a position of arrogance.

If you can get the PSU trolls off of HR then I'll gladly leave BWI. The only reason I know BWI exists is because HR is infested with PSU posters. Some of them are fine and more than welcome. Quite a few are complete trolls.

So that's really what this is about?

Why didn't you say so earlier.

You leave first and we'll follow. Seems fair.

Juvenile on ur part but fair.

Reactions: pawrest01

Juvenile on my part? Am I the one calling for bans and telling someone to get off the forum? Pretty sure a bunch of PSU posters just initiated that.

If you can get the PSU trolls off of HR then I'll gladly leave BWI. The only reason I know BWI exists is because HR is infested with PSU posters. Some of them are fine and more than welcome. Quite a few are complete trolls.

So let me get this straight... You are going to continue being a troll because you hate trolls?.... Yep seems to match your logic up to this point. Go home Vodka, you're drunk.

1. False promise. This board cannot extract posters from HR, and you know that.

2. HR mods could do that. Take it up with them.

3. Who exactly revenge trolls another team's board? Nobody here trolls The Guillotine and the Nebraska boards because of Jammen.

Most people would get a hobby. Or a dog.

In the beginning I viewed Vodka as perhaps an over enthusiastic fan when his tale of contacting ADs came out. Now I think he is a troll who doesn't know he is a troll because he somehow believes what he writes is correct. So I find myself at an impasse. Do I pity or shake my head at him. Perhaps I need further info. Vodka tell me again why this board is wrong and you are right. Maybe if you use exclamations points it will help too. TIA

Woah let's back up their a sec bud. Didn't think I'd need to spell the hypocrisy out for you but I will anyway.

You guys have a thread going with several pages of people shitting on Tom and Gilman. Criticizing their antics and morals.

Meanwhile I pointed out maybe you should hold off on the holier than thou stance when PSU has its own history with poor behavior and class. In Gilmans defense I don't think he ever pretended to be Mr. PC. Yet DT tries to act as if he's this great role model for kids when he displayed about as little class as possible following a loss and then doubled down by tweeting shade at Cox at Worlds when Cox went on to win bronze and contribute to the team title.

The second piece of hypocrisy is you guys always bad mouthing HR in general and saying they rip into any PSU fan who posts there. Yet everytime I post here I'm meet with 4 quote responses mostly with ad homs and personally attacks instead of a response to the actual content of my post. ie: "ignorant blowhard."

The difference between HR posters and BWI posters is that the team you support is the better program right now. Other than that it's a collection of individuals with a wide variety of personalities, morals, beliefs. Some people post as if they're the reason their team wins or as if they're the ones going out there stepping on the mat. This goes for all teams.
I try not to jump up and down on a kid's behavior, but you drive me to make an exception.

Your compare contrast on Gilman and Taylor. Come on. You use 2 singular snap shots of Taylor to compare his behavior to Gilman's multiple missteps. Then you pretend (at least I hope you are bright enough to be pretending) you have made a valid point.

Cael throws a chair onto the mat after the match is over. Again, a singular example. TnT's behaviors in the past have bordered on nuts. It got to the point the behavior was addressed administratively.

Over the course of their respective and successful careers the behavior of DT or Cael is miles apart from the behaviors of Thomas G or B. Your need to exaggerate to the degree you do in an effort to hold your's up as an equivalent to the two PSU icons is humorous.
The humor is the reason this board collectively pokes fun at you and your board. For 8 years HR has bent over backwards to bad mouth and minimize Cael and PSU. The entire time you have been talking shyt PSU has distanced themselves from the Hawk program. The hilarious part is while fixated on the Lions the Bucknuts have surpassed the Hawks, the Cowboys have established themselves as a consistent threat and now the goofers are about to step in front of the Hawks.

Anyhow. It is this constant shyt pile you throw at Cael and PSU that has made it so much fun to poke fun at you as a collective.

You know what I am talking about. Cael is a prick for leaving his Alma mater. Tommy Brands owns Cael. Cael can not ever beat Tommy. Cael left ISU because he could not beat Iowa, Cael fell into a shyt pile of luck, Cael owes his success to a double recruiting class, wait until Ruth and Taylor graduate, wait until Zain and the 3 Ns graduate, Cael can't coach he just recruits better, Cael cheats and on and on.

Hell you personally are so consumed with Penn State's and Cael's success you make an ass out of yourself calling multiple schools hoping to trigger some sort of NCAA investigation into Penn State's wrestling program. You look at the NLWC's value and you aren't bright enough to read the numbers and understand what they tell you. Since your level of inability to understand something increases exponentially your uneducated fantasies to the point you would be willing to throw anything under a bus, you come across as a delusional idiot.

It is goofy shyts like yourself that makes it so much fun to poke fun at HR.

Last edited:
I am just wondering what answers vodka was given by the compliance department at Iowa when he asked about the policy on team saunas after practice ?

None cause he didn't ask.

At the root of this is he doesn't like PSU guys on the HR muddying things up. He wants a safe space.

The problem is the hate over there is real and there is no way PSU people will stop sticking up for a team, coach players that are the brunt of misplaced hate.

Vodka am I right???? Be honest, well respect you in the morning. I promise.

This thread is a fcking laugh. Did you all forget so quickly about Cael throwing a chair onto the mat like it's the WWE and DT having a childish tantrum after losing to a one legged J'Den Cox?

You wanna shit talk Gman at fight night, yet no one calls out DT for acting like that?

Quit the self-righteous holier than thou act.

Yeah, I was wondering when the mission changed from writing letters to Universities and exposing Baels abuse of the system to trying to rid HR of PSU trolls. Perhaps the former endeavor hit a dead end sooner than expected.

None cause he didn't ask.

At the root of this is he doesn't like PSU guys on the HR muddying things up. He wants a safe space.

The problem is the hate over there is real and there is no way PSU people will stop sticking up for a team, coach players that are the brunt of misplaced hate.

Vodka am I right???? Be honest, well respect you in the morning. I promise.
He's just a tool you know, the not too bright guy with established integrity. (Insert dubious look) C and others send over. They can lurk in the darkness, tell him the talking points and hope he doesn't mention saunas or make too much of an ass out of himself. I enjoy him, he makes me laugh.

Reminds me of the joke about 3 missionaries sitting in the headhunters cauldron down in the Amazon. As the water was warming up one of them started laughing hysterically thinking he will show them....

Bullshiit to what parts? You only typed the word twice.
He did or did not whisper bad things about Zelesky (^Zalesky) into recruits ears? Did not, so I call this statement of fact.... Bullshit
He is or is not simple? the devious part is what I was referring to as Bullshit
He is or is not snaky like Ryan? Ryan snarky? its possible, I would need more info on that
He is or is not as glib as Ryan? I did not see the matter of glib addressed in the statement, so I will go re-read...nope still not there.. but since you brought it up, I don't feel one could be snarky and not glib (i do however feel one can be glib without being snarky) so at the expense of being repetitive I would like to hold my opinion until the snarkiness (or nonsnarkiness) could be fully vetted and an opinion formed

Just wondering? You seemed fairly adamant, only unclear.
yes I hope you accept my apology for my unclear response, I hope this clears up my unclarity

yes I hope you accept my apology for my unclear response, I hope this clears up my unclarity
OK.
I thought it was snake (like in snake) maybe it was snarky.

I have no idea if Brands talked shyt on Zalesky or not, but I do admit I find it easier to believe he did versus he did not. Especially a younger, more aggressive Tom Brands.
If you think about it, it really makes sense that Tommy did not say only nice things about going to Iowa to wrestle for Jim. I mean the coach and the kids had an escape plan agreed to and set in place just in case they all wanted to head to Iowa.

How does that work. The way I see the conversation is hey I want you guys to wrestle for me. Zaleasky may or may not last through another poor post season. So come on down to Blacksburg and if Zalesky gets fired I get the job and you all transfer. I will even get VATech to sign off. If Zalesky somehow holds on, well I am the better coach and we will win our titles here.

It is darn near impossible to believe Tommy did not talk some shyt.

Last edited:
I just post here because everytime I do 5 people respond and prove my point about the hypocrisy. It's too easy.

Well, there you go. A self-admitted troll.

As an aside, does anyone else feel like Penn State dodged a bullet in not having Larry Lee involved with Penn State wrestling?

Well, there you go. A self-admitted troll.

As an aside, does anyone else feel like Penn State dodged a bullet in not having Larry Lee involved with Penn State wrestling?
Cael likely doesn't feel that way.

I try not to jump up and down on a kid's behavior, but you drive me to make an exception.

Your compare contrast on Gilman and Taylor. Come on. You use 2 singular snap shots of Taylor to compare his behavior to Gilman's multiple missteps. Then you pretend (at least I hope you are bright enough to be pretending) you have made a valid point.

Cael throws a chair onto the mat after the match is over. Again, a singular example. TnT's behaviors in the past have bordered on nuts. It got to the point the behavior was addressed administratively.

Over the course of their respective and successful careers the behavior of DT or Cael is miles apart from the behaviors of Thomas G or B. Your need to exaggerate to the degree you do in an effort to hold your's up as an equivalent to the two PSU icons is humorous.
The humor is the reason this board collectively pokes fun at you and your board. For 8 years HR has bent over backwards to bad mouth and minimize Cael and PSU. The entire time you have been talking shyt PSU has distanced themselves from the Hawk program. The hilarious part is while fixated on the Lions the Bucknuts have surpassed the Hawks, the Cowboys have established themselves as a consistent threat and now the goofers are about to step in front of the Hawks.

Anyhow. It is this constant shyt pile you throw at Cael and PSU that has made it so much fun to poke fun at you as a collective.

You know what I am talking about. Cael is a prick for leaving his Alma mater. Tommy Brands owns Cael. Cael can not ever beat Tommy. Cael left ISU because he could not beat Iowa, Cael fell into a shyt pile of luck, Cael owes his success to a double recruiting class, wait until Ruth and Taylor graduate, wait until Zain and the 3 Ns graduate, Cael can't coach he just recruits better, Cael cheats and on and on.

Hell you personally are so consumed with Penn State's and Cael's success you make an ass out of yourself calling multiple schools hoping to trigger some sort of NCAA investigation into Penn State's wrestling program. You look at the NLWC's value and you aren't bright enough to read the numbers and understand what they tell you. Since your level of inability to understand something increases exponentially your uneducated fantasies to the point you would be willing to throw anything under a bus, you come across as a delusional idiot.

It is goofy shyts like yourself that makes it so much fun to poke fun at HR.
I love a good beat down of epic proportions. Nice work!

OK.

I have no idea if Brands talked shyt on Zalesky or not, but I do admit I find it easier to believe he did versus he did not. Especially a younger, more aggressive Tom Brands.
If you think about it, it really makes sense that Tommy did not say only nice things about going to Iowa to wrestle for Jim. I mean the coach and the kids had an escape plan agreed to and set in place just in case they all wanted to head to Iowa.

How does that work. The way I see the conversation is hey I want you guys to wrestle for me. Zaleasky may or may not last through another poor post season. So come on down to Blacksburg and if Zalesky gets fired I get the job and you all transfer. I will even get VATech to sign off. If Zalesky somehow holds on, well I am the better coach and we will win our titles here.

Did you come up with that on your own? This whole thread is a talking shyt storm.

Reactions: minnhawkeye
“The German’s didn’t bomb Pearl Harbor”. “I know, but he is on a roll!”

Just watched the clip, correction is “Germans?” “Forget it, he’s rolling!”

I’m just sitting here eating popcorn and enjoying the show!

Last edited:
Woah let's back up their a sec bud. Didn't think I'd need to spell the hypocrisy out for you but I will anyway.

You guys have a thread going with several pages of people shitting on Tom and Gilman. Criticizing their antics and morals.

Meanwhile I pointed out maybe you should hold off on the holier than thou stance when PSU has its own history with poor behavior and class. In Gilmans defense I don't think he ever pretended to be Mr. PC. Yet DT tries to act as if he's this great role model for kids when he displayed about as little class as possible following a loss and then doubled down by tweeting shade at Cox at Worlds when Cox went on to win bronze and contribute to the team title.

The second piece of hypocrisy is you guys always bad mouthing HR in general and saying they rip into any PSU fan who posts there. Yet everytime I post here I'm meet with 4 quote responses mostly with ad homs and personal attacks instead of a response to the actual content of my post. ie: "ignorant blowhard."

The difference between HR posters and BWI posters is that the team you support is the better program right now. Other than that it's a collection of individuals with a wide variety of personalities, morals, beliefs. Some people post as if they're the reason their team wins or as if they're the ones going out there stepping on the mat. This goes for all teams.
I call bull****. We don’t post that way all. Everyone here knows PSU wins because of one man.....

Spyker.

Reactions: NittanyLion84
Did you come up with that on your own? This whole thread is a talking shyt storm.
OK.

There is the biggest shyt post of the year.

Brands recently became aware of intel....says PSU staff has a lot of boys coming up.

So.....

Seriously though I love this and Im really looking forward to following Nelson Brands career. The pressure that kids must feel, got to root for him.

Reactions: Sportfan2017
Brands recently became aware of intel....says PSU staff has a lot of boys coming up.

So.....

Seriously though I love this and Im really looking forward to following Nelson Brands career. The pressure that kids must feel, got to root for him.

Adorable. Smiling Face.....Loves Wrestling....Hasn't developed a hatred for any school. What can alleged Grown-ups learn from this?

OK.

You nailed it but sure upset his snowflakes with this post.

Reactions: nitlion6
another great pic..... captioned: getting ready for my NC Grandpa toss! Go hawks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT