ADVERTISEMENT

More From Brands On Recruiting

Lol! What children read a college wrestling forum. ****ing hilarious sir.

What's your end game here?
batman-vs-superman-58ae91280e80be6592b0fec0-gs.gif

Anyone want to take bets how long he stays away with proceeds to WFL?

I'd take March for $100.

Are you intentionally trying to be dense? Poster above claims I'm proof that mods here are lenient.

I provide direct example of how they've deleted that post above about basketball.
I have no idea why the post was removed. What I do know is here you are still able to post whatever point you choose to post.

You do this all of this time. You try to make a point, but you shift the target and scream "SEE".

You compare DT and Gilman. You offer up 2 DT examples that are very much outlier and apparently incorrectly believe that compared to TG's multiple missteps you have a point. You don't. It has the equivalency of comparing a thumb tack to a railroad spike. The same with Cael tossing a chair on to the mat post match and the Iowa administration feeling compelled to address Tom's and Terry's behaviors during events. Now you want to compare a thread deletion versus an actual banning.
Do you actually comprehend the concept of compare contrast and using similar fruits?

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
I would be happy if he learned to present a point and then argue it.

Has anybody actually thought what the consequences of what the dipstick is trying to accomplish.

If we take him at his word, believing he understands what he utters requires a benefit of doubt and a leap of faith. Anyhow. Whatever these guys get for doing a clinic it is nice to know they get to put some cash in their pockets, but how much of an idiot does one have to be to believe Iowa kids aren't doing clinics, Ohio State, Okie St, hell Pitt, Edinboro, VTech and NCST as well.
Kids have been doing these clinics since Kerry McCoy was still at PSU, or Randy Lewis was at Iowa. It would be a shame if some bonehead were to raise enough of a fuss to make this an issue.

There you go. It wasn't all that difficult to get to your point, was it?

Let me ask you this?
How is it even slightly possible that Brands and his group of redshirts had a plan of what to do if Zalesky gets fired and the Iowa job becomes Tommy's if the possibility wasn't discussed.

If you acknowledge they had that discussion, how in the world do you conclude they discussed Brands' move back to Iowa City to replace Zalesky without figuring there had to be some negative comments about the current situation.

Shoot man. You and the vodka guy are overly sensative.

Do you guys get bent of shape like this when someone points out Brands has never won an NCAA team championship without a double recruiting class?
There you go. It wasn't all that difficult to get to your point, was it?

Let me ask you this?
How is it even slightly possible that Brands and his group of redshirts had a plan of what to do if Zalesky gets fired and the Iowa job becomes Tommy's if the possibility wasn't discussed.

If you acknowledge they had that discussion, how in the world do you conclude they discussed Brands' move back to Iowa City to replace Zalesky without figuring there had to be some negative comments about the current situation.

Shoot man. You and the vodka guy are overly sensative.

Do you guys get bent of shape like this when someone points out Brands has never won an NCAA team championship without a double recruiting class?
Look so u have the inside information on this it was all planned by Brands and the wrestlers. Funny how you seem to know so much how this all took place, Yes he redshirt them for heavens sake he has so far in his coaching has never had a true freshman wrestle.

He also told VT if and when if the Iowa job ever became available he would interview for it and would go not the first coach to say and do that...

When Lou Holtz came to Minnesota to try and get the football program good again he told them If N.Dame calls he is gonna be gone. Well they did and away he went...Funny when any of us give facts you still have to tell us we don't know shyt.

Cannot believe some of you fans, have spent 3 days at nationals with Goldbanger and his buddies and he got along just fine. Sure we had some disagreements but never turned into stuff like it does on a message board. I have tried to make some good things here but just got tired of the bashing of Brands all the time...I know he is not perfect but he has mellowed a lot, Terry not so much. Enjoy your run try to understand why it comes to be the one everyone hates winning does that Hawks and fans have gone though it..Good luck stay healthy and you can beat Ohio State..

Negative recruiting has been going on forever, and Iowa has done more than most in this area. This is only news to the blind and stupid. It would be a blessing for planert earth if Vodka went away forever, but he won't. I like Minnhawkeye because he shoots straight and true.
Cael is accused of everything on HR and has been for years so when Brands gets a little salt thrown at him from over here it shouldn't cause a melt down. Coach attacks certainly didn't originate here, but they happen here just like HR.

I can't for the life of me understand why the Iowa fan base blindly supports Brands no matter what. The program has slipped under him to where it hasn't been in some time, but only external forces are blamed by the majority of HR. Dan Gable knows better.

Last edited:
The bizarre thing about Vodka is that he just joined HR in March 2016. How can he be this die hard a fan and prolific poster yet only join the forum less then a year ago? Maybe he was released from an institution on that date??

Reactions: diggerpup
The bizarre thing about Vodka is that he just joined HR in March 2016. How can he be this die hard a fan and prolific poster yet only join the forum less then a year ago? Maybe he was released from an institution on that date??

Maybe Mr. Lee showed Tom or Terry how to create a forum account. Just saying....

Last edited:
I won a couple state titles, wrestled on a top 5 D1 team, and coached another 12 years of high school wrestling, and you who never wrestled a day in your life are going "straighten me out" on a few things. ....again...no thanks.

Another awesome post JPWIII - I think you might be my favorite wrestling board poster. As I told you, I grew up wrestling with both Kevin Darkus and Nate Carr - both said they couldn't pass up the chance to wrestle for the great Dr. Harold Nichols (at a time when Gable had made the Squacks the "hot choice" for dominant All-American High School wrestlers). Because of the connection, I've always liked ISU secondarily to PSU -- I loved the "style" that Dr. Nichols had promoted back in the 60's which was catered to translate to International Freestyle (i.e., be able to score from your feet and execute combination "5 point" takedowns). Dr. Nichols should rightly be viewed as the "Father of US International Wrestling" in terms of creating US wrestlers that were highly relevant on the International scene.

I can see how you are attracted to PSU and to be a fan of PSU wrestling - that "style" is embedded in PSU's program. Not really due to just Cael becoming the coach, but the fact that the "Pennsy Style" of wrestling has always been conducive to the International Disciplines -- in fact, many dominant PA wrestlers in my day, including Nate Carr, seriously considered giving up Folk after HS and wrestling exclusively Free to chase their Olympic dreams.

I think it is beyond boorish for a "guest" Squakeye fan to take a cheap-shot at you for being a fan of PSU and great wrestling. Consider the source, I guess.

While I'm sure your kids are great, I'm not going to stop cursing on here.

CropDuster doesn't give a shit about your kids, in that regard.

Besides, they already censor ****, and that's my favorite one.
You want cursing? I present the king of profanity, Al Swearengen:

Look so u have the inside information on this it was all planned by Brands and the wrestlers. Funny how you seem to know so much how this all took place, Yes he redshirt them for heavens sake he has so far in his coaching has never had a true freshman wrestle.

He also told VT if and when if the Iowa job ever became available he would interview for it and would go not the first coach to say and do that...

When Lou Holtz came to Minnesota to try and get the football program good again he told them If N.Dame calls he is gonna be gone. Well they did and away he went...Funny when any of us give facts you still have to tell us we don't know shyt.

Cannot believe some of you fans, have spent 3 days at nationals with Goldbanger and his buddies and he got along just fine. Sure we had some disagreements but never turned into stuff like it does on a message board. I have tried to make some good things here but just got tired of the bashing of Brands all the time...I know he is not perfect but he has mellowed a lot, Terry not so much. Enjoy your run try to understand why it comes to be the one everyone hates winning does that Hawks and fans have gone though it..Good luck stay healthy and you can beat Ohio State..
Come on. This isn't that hard.
I am certain Brands told VTech if the Iowa job became an option he would be gone, and I haven't said anything different.

However, the supposed reason Brands refused (refuses) to wrestle VTech was because VTech athletic officials had (again supposedly) promised to give each of the Metcalf group a release to transfer to Iowa if Brands did indeed leave for Iowa.

If they discussed the possibilities to the point there was a contingency plan put into place that would, at least to me, indicate the conversations were honest and straight forward. To me honest and straight forward means being polite goes out the door.

Now if you think Brands wasn't honest with those kids, well OK.

As far as he redshirts all of his (Brands') freshmen, without looking it up - Nathan Burak.

One last thought. You willingly participate in all the bullshyt HR offers in regards to Cael and Penn State. So how about if Tommy gets tweaked on BWI you just STFU when here. Just a thought.

Negative recruiting has been going on forever, and Iowa has done more than most in this area.

While discussing Dave and Mark Schultz on JB's excellent Mattalkonline podcast, Dan Gable attributed part of the reason for not landing Mark as a recruit to Stan Abel "chiding" him (Gable) during the recruitment. He made no excuses, though, and didn't complain about "meanie" Abel's negative recruiting. :)

You misspelled N.Dame. It's NCAA....for Holtz it was that way in every job

Another awesome post JPWIII - I think you might be my favorite wrestling board poster. As I told you, I grew up wrestling with both Kevin Darkus and Nate Carr - both said they couldn't pass up the chance to wrestle for the great Dr. Harold Nichols (at a time when Gable had made the Squacks the "hot choice" for dominant All-American High School wrestlers). Because of the connection, I've always liked ISU secondarily to PSU -- I loved the "style" that Dr. Nichols had promoted back in the 60's which was catered to translate to International Freestyle (i.e., be able to score from your feet and execute combination "5 point" takedowns). Dr. Nichols should rightly be viewed as the "Father of US International Wrestling" in terms of creating US wrestlers that were highly relevant on the International scene.

I can see how you are attracted to PSU and to be a fan of PSU wrestling - that "style" is embedded in PSU's program. Not really due to just Cael becoming the coach, but the fact that the "Pennsy Style" of wrestling has always been conducive to the International Disciplines -- in fact, many dominant PA wrestlers in my day, including Nate Carr, seriously considered giving up Folk after HS and wrestling exclusively Free to chase their Olympic dreams.

I think it is beyond boorish for a "guest" Squakeye fan to take a cheap-shot at you for being a fan of PSU and great wrestling. Consider the source, I guess.

Thank you for the props, though mostly unwarranted. Coach Nichols was a hoot and Les Anderson was a chain smoking incredible teacher of the takedown game. Moo U as we called ourselves in those days was an amazing place to be for any wrestler/fan of wrestling. Coach Gable had a dynasty going over in Iowa City, but we were not too shabby ourselves.

There was not a Cyclone to be found who wasn't crazy about Cael and his score/score/score style of wrestling, so everyone was fired up when he took over the program from Bobby. (Bobby was loved, but things were absolutely stale as far as excitement in the program)

Cael left abruptly and we were shocked and varying reactions commenced from the very angry (yours truly), to the very sad (my wife), to the apathetic. I was angry for a couple of years but couldn't help watching from afar as PSU began doing what we all feared they would- dominating. I became a bandwagon fan since ISU couldn't beat an old lady up a hill.

We have some new enthusiasm in Ames, but the thinkers among us hay seeds understand the uphill climb awaiting our program. The emergence of tOSU,Cornell,Mizzu,etc. was not something we had to concern ourselves with in the past, but to climb back to even top 15 status is a climb indeed these days. I will live vicariously through you guys and enjoy the ride.

I began posting here and was treated very well even though I spewed a few negatives toward PSU at the time (pride shattered is a dangerous drug) and was treated as a welcome guest nonetheless. Amalone (who was a tough hombre) in the message board world welcomed my opinions even though I had no God given right to have them. Damn if you guys didn't win me over through amazing wrestlers,great posters, and a general welcoming attitude toward a grumpy old outsider!

As far as he redshirts all of his (Brands') freshmen, without looking it up - Nathan Burak

Burak was a unique case since he was at the otc for a year after high school. Other than that, Brands has redshirted every freshman.

Burak was a unique case since he was at the otc for a year after high school. Other than that, Brands has redshirted every freshman.
Since the point minneyhawk made with the "all" adjective was absolute, I was just pointing out with zero effort I could name a singular exception. The reasoning makes no difference.

Funny thing is I remember back in 2014-15 when Cael was doing a reset one of the bullcrap themes on the HR was what an awful human being Carl is telling the seniors that year that they weren't worth the best effort. Tommy always puts his best foot forward, see Nathan Burak.

I always wonder when you HR guys are going to stop for a second and think before taking off on one of your simple minded rants. It's almost like there is a karma God that kicks your ass with all of your own words.

Since the point minneyhawk made with the "all" adjective was absolute, I was just pointing out with zero effort I could name a singular exception. The reasoning makes no difference.

Funny thing is I remember back in 2014-15 when Cael was doing a reset one of the bullcrap themes on the HR was what an awful human being Carl is telling the seniors that year that they weren't worth the best effort. Tommy always puts his best foot forward, see Nathan Burak.

I always wonder when you HR guys are going to stop for a second and think before taking off on one of your simple minded rants. It's almost like there is a karma God that kicks your ass with all of your own words.

You have some issues.

He's the perfect example of endless ironic hypocrisy.
Vodka, first of all I like having you around, but I want to point out one thing. I have posted in two HR threads, the first was to give you props for a joke that I thought was funny. The second was to ask if you were going to reprimand someone for something anti-PSU they posted there. Of course you did not. I was slammed multiple times, and no Hawk fan supported me.
It was said I stalked you because my first post was also to you, but in actuality it was because you posted over here occasionally, and I liked your HR avatar. I was accused of starting up multiple accounts since I had so few posts on HR, despite Rival allowing a signing across boards, and me admitting here I was new due to moving from the horrendous Scout Board changes. I then said your board your rules I will no longer post. Then people slammed me and told me to be a man and honor my commitment, which I have done. I will no longer post there.
My point? You said you were out, then continued to post. And like I said you are welcome here, at least as far as I am concerned. I guess I just want to point out how PSU fans are treated on HR versus Hawk fans here. So continue to post here, twice a year, monthly, weekly, whatever your heart desires, but never say Hawk fans are treated worse here than PSU fans are treated on HR.
Rant over! I feel better now.

Vodka, first of all I like having you around, but I want to point out one thing. I have posted in two HR threads, the first was to give you props for a joke that I thought was funny. The second was to ask if you were going to reprimand someone for something anti-PSU they posted there. Of course you did not. I was slammed multiple times, and no Hawk fan supported me.
It was said I stalked you because my first post was also to you, but in actuality it was because you posted over here occasionally, and I liked your HR avatar. I was accused of starting up multiple accounts since I had so few posts on HR, despite Rival allowing a signing across boards, and me admitting here I was new due to moving from the horrendous Scout Board changes. I then said your board your rules I will no longer post. Then people slammed me and told me to be a man and honor my commitment, which I have done. I will no longer post there.
My point? You said you were out, then continued to post. And like I said you are welcome here, at least as far as I am concerned. I guess I just want to point out how PSU fans are treated on HR versus Hawk fans here. So continue to post here, twice a year, monthly, weekly, whatever your heart desires, but never say Hawk fans are treated worse here than PSU fans are treated on HR.
Rant over! I feel better now.

Sorry I'm not responsible for what other people post on HR. Like I said before, everyone is an individual with different personalities, morals and beliefs. The commonality is the love for wrestling and support of a team.

I think we should all agree to let this thread die though. It's gone on too long and it's a lot of complete and utter bullshit my own posts included. I apologise for contributing to bumping it.

I'll do my part and refrain from this thread from now on.

Thank you for the props, though mostly unwarranted. Coach Nichols was a hoot and Les Anderson was a chain smoking incredible teacher of the takedown game. Moo U as we called ourselves in those days was an amazing place to be for any wrestler/fan of wrestling. Coach Gable had a dynasty going over in Iowa City, but we were not too shabby ourselves.

There was not a Cyclone to be found who wasn't crazy about Cael and his score/score/score style of wrestling, so everyone was fired up when he took over the program from Bobby. (Bobby was loved, but things were absolutely stale as far as excitement in the program)

Cael left abruptly and we were shocked and varying reactions commenced from the very angry (yours truly), to the very sad (my wife), to the apathetic. I was angry for a couple of years but couldn't help watching from afar as PSU began doing what we all feared they would- dominating. I became a bandwagon fan since ISU couldn't beat an old lady up a hill.

We have some new enthusiasm in Ames, but the thinkers among us hay seeds understand the uphill climb awaiting our program. The emergence of tOSU,Cornell,Mizzu,etc. was not something we had to concern ourselves with in the past, but to climb back to even top 15 status is a climb indeed these days. I will live vicariously through you guys and enjoy the ride.

I began posting here and was treated very well even though I spewed a few negatives toward PSU at the time (pride shattered is a dangerous drug) and was treated as a welcome guest nonetheless. Amalone (who was a tough hombre) in the message board world welcomed my opinions even though I had no God given right to have them. Damn if you guys didn't win me over through amazing wrestlers,great posters, and a general welcoming attitude toward a grumpy old outsider!

I wrestled 112 lbs my SO and JR year in high school and regularly squared off against Kevin "in the room" during drills and mini-matches (we would rotate from lightweight opponent to opponent in your own weight-class to the weight-class above and below from drill-to-drill). It still cracks me up that I wrestled against a guy that made multiple US World Teams - my son was in disbelief that I had gone toe-to-toe with a guy at that international level in my youth....he was like, "did he just pin you immediately?" and I explained to him that even great athletes are human at that age....while he dominated me pretty good, I could generally take him the distance "in the room" during drilling, wrestle-offs, etc... Also explained to my son that wrestling is very tactical and the more times you wrestle someone, the better you get at reading their intentions and neutralizing their style. The one thing I remember about Kevin was that he had no tolerance for passivity - if you didn't shoot, he'd literally force you to shoot by giving you his forward leg (if you didn't shoot then, the LW Coach would get all up in your grill and ream you), anyway you could be in all the way on a Hi-C, have Kevin's leg lifted and the guy had such great balance that he'd find a way to get his legs wrapped around you like a snake as you attempted to finish to the mat. Lb-for-lb one of the strongest guys I ever wrestled). Anyway, I always look back at that and I find amusing that I wrestled against a world-class guy like that in my youth.

One other funny story - I grew like 6 inches and put on 60 lbs of muscle from the time I graduated HS to the completion of my first year of college (went from 5' 8" to 6' 2" and about 145 lbs to 205 lbs. I only had a 30 or 31 inch waist after growing), so I'm home for the summer after my freshman year in college and I run into the LW Coach who also was an Asst FB Coach.....he looks at me and says, "You've gotta be kidding me? We could have used you a couple years ago, why'd God wait so long?". I thought it was really funny because I was always a backup in football due to my small size and the way he said it and just shook his head cracked me up. (btw, it's the coach the reminded me of TB that I mentioned in my earlier post).

I have no clue why anyone would engage with someone who is clearly delusional and offers absolutely nothing to this board. We should all be here to enjoy talking wrestling. It’s actually pathetic and sad to see some people act like this. This is the first time I will be using the ignore function.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT